Sig P365

2»

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,719 Senior Member
    $499-599 all over the map on cost. One place is $449, but need LEO ID.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/798681589067?upc_only=1

I like my LC9s and they have even a more "Spartan" model for less $$ nowadays. Weighs about the same, but the only advantage is a few more rds. Dimensions are probably similar, I didn't pull them up.

Maybe it will be just what some folks have been lookin fer. I'll settle for fewer rds and 1/2 the cost, but still made by Ruger for reliability and customer support/warranty.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,698 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I like my LC9s and they have even a more "Spartan" model for less $$ nowadays. Weighs about the same, but the only advantage is a few more rds. Dimensions are probably similar, I didn't pull them up.

Maybe it will be just what some folks have been lookin fer. I'll settle for fewer rds and 1/2 the cost, but still made by Ruger for reliability and customer support/warranty.

I will too - I love my LC9s, blah, blah, blah, I already have it, and it was 1/3rd the cost. The likelihood of my needing 3 more rds is pretty small (I didn't say "zero"), blah, blah blah... :blah:

BUT

Hickok45 does a side by side comparison of the the Sig with the LC9s (among others), and the two are virtually identical in size. If I were still in the market for a carry 9, the Sig would jump to the top of the list of guns to try. With that said, I'm with the folks who say "Let's see how it does, if there are any problems, etc..." and I'd want to shoot one before I bought one - I might not like it.

I'll be telling people about it though, when the subject comes up.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,478 Senior Member
    I purchased my Shield when they first came out, paid a pretty penny for it and was happy. Fast forward to 2018 and they are selling for half what I paid, one place had a package deal that made it less than half. Then I read about the Glock 43 and wanted one. Why? Dont know, virtually the same as the Shield. Was at Patrick AFB and said look honey they sell guns now, oh wow handguns too!. Wife said something like this one looks nice. I replied its a Glock .380. Guy behind the counter says, NOPE its a 9mm. They weren't supposed to be released for a few days yet, me and a air Force Tech Sergeant had the first two in South Florida. Today this one holds 3 more rounds at the same price point as the Shield was. Once they are on the street and price comes down, my guess is we will get one and it will become my new carry piece.
    Even though they are almost identical in size, the 43 and Shield very in shape. I find that the Glock carrys easier, but I shoot the Shield much better, can't explain why. Unlike Bigslug I like Sigs, like them a lot and shoot them well, so yup count me in too.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file