Urgent computer question?

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,360 Senior Member
Cant get into my laptop cos the password contains the letter 'm' and the key wont work....Press it and nothing happens.

Need to prepare documents for the upcoming court cases.

Anyone got any ideas for a quick fix...........?????????
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,482 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Cant get into my laptop cos the password contains the letter 'm' and the key wont work....Press it and nothing happens.

Need to prepare documents for the upcoming court cases.

Anyone got any ideas for a quick fix...........?????????
    Plug in another USB keyboard or a wireless keyboard.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,827 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    :agree: :that:

:win:

You might have to reboot the computer with the USB keyboard already attached. OR, you might be able to just plug it in an type. :uhm:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,424 Senior Member
    Pop the M key out and clean the switch it’s attached to.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,360 Senior Member

Thank God for this place!!

Found an old usb keyboard, plugged it into the laptop and am up and running again.

Got all sorts of major crap happening here in the next few days, the last thing I need is to have the laptop spit the dummy.

Edited to add:

Thanks Chiro, Knite and Wambli. You guys just saved my head from exploding!!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,145 Senior Member
    ake a call to so ebody that knows how to ake those dan thinks work!:tooth:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek wrote: »
    ake a call to so ebody that knows how to ake those dan thinks work!:tooth:

:spittingcoffee:

Stop it, I might run out of keyboards :rotflmao:

Btw, there is something to be said for not throwing old electronic crap in the rubbish bin. Found 3 usb keyboards in a pile of electronic junk stored in a carton.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Glad you got that sorted out, and kept those old keyboards for 'just in case'! :up:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,979 Senior Member
    Good luck with the barristers- - - - -bunch of sneaky weasels! There ought to be an "open season- - - -no limit" on those guys! Just don't hide in the bushes and sound a siren- - - - -that's "shooting over bait"!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,482 Senior Member

Found an old usb keyboard, plugged it into the laptop and am up and running again.

Got all sorts of major crap happening here in the next few days, the last thing I need is to have the laptop spit the dummy.

Edited to add:

I like to think I have at least 1/2 a brain:jester:, you are like me, too much stuff going on to see the solution sometimes:beer:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I like to think I have at least 1/2 a brain:jester:, you are like me, too much stuff going on to see the solution sometimes:beer:

Exactly.
    You dont know the half of it.........
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,391 Senior Member

Edited to add:

The keyboard on my laptop gets very little use because I have used an external keyboard and a rollerball mouse since I got the computer.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file