Wholesaler info.

FFLshooterFFLshooter MemberPosts: 362 Member
I’m trying to get into the market of selling used firearms in my shop, as that seems to be what my demographic wants most. I have a competitor down the street that’s constantly getting in shipments of used firearms and he does well at getting rid of them quickly. Needless to say he isn’t going to spill the beans on his supplier. I’ve scoured the internet on wholesalers but can’t find one that specializes in used guns. I have three wholesalers, one of which sells used guns (mostly LE trade ins) but nothing even remotely close to what the guy down the street gets and is able to sell for. I’m just wondering if anyone here has any leads. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,053 Senior Member
    J&G Sales
    AIM Surplus

That's all I've got
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 991 Senior Member
    Go around to the local LEO sealed bid auctions for seized/confiscated guns used in crimes, in your state.
    The FFL dealer I use gets a batch about every 2 to 3 months and also the surplus county/city/town sales.
    Most times you bid on the lot, not individual pieces and only to dealers.
    The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts,
    the safest place to be is in someone's prayers,
    and the very best place to be is....in the hands of God.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 362 Member
    Thanks fellas. I’ve already got interstate, RSR and Ellet Brothers as wholesalers. Interstate does have some used guns, but not much. I think I’m going to contact mge tomorrow and see what they offer. The LEO auctions aren’t a bad idea either.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,240 Senior Member
    What Wizard78 said about LE auctions is good info. Depending on the county you live in, and surrounding counties, you can get some good firearms at reasonable prices in those auction lots.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file