Any coyotes out there?

1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior MemberPosts: 1,549 Senior Member
It’s been about a month since I had a response to calling. Tuesday I was headed to a pasture I hadn’t been to due to poor wind direction and as I picked my calling perch a coyote appeared on the pond dam about 100 yds, we saw each other at the same time and he hit the afterburners. I sent a 55 grain Hail Mary and two more poured out the draw , causing more shots - futility in action. Any way yesterday was really nice and I took the bushmaster with me for it’s maiden voyage coyote calling.f354f9d74f31e4419724799ceeab3090.jpggood luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,946 Senior Member
    My deer lease is crawling with Coyotes and Bobcats. I'm just not motivated enough right now to go chasing them.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,378 Senior Member
    You don't chase them they come to you.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    Plenty of 'em near the border with Mexico!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,549 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Plenty of 'em near the border with Mexico!

Two legged ones are too scary.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,946 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    You don't chase them they come to you.

Ah well, you know what I mean. I don't feel like going out in the weather and braving the elements for something I can't eat right now.

I guess I should of said "I'm not mad enough at em right now."
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,549 Senior Member
    Think about fawn mortality to get motivated

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Ah well, you know what I mean. I don't feel like going out in the weather and braving the elements for something I can't eat right now.

I guess I should of said "I'm not mad enough at em right now."

Dude, you live in southern Texas, it is winter now, the opposite of it is so hot I can't take more than 10 minutes of it.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file