Full confiscation: What would you do?

FFLshooterFFLshooter MemberPosts: 365 Member
I hope to God that the current events will never lead to any form of gun ban or outright confiscation, but I’m curious what you folks would do if such a thing ever happened. Whether you have a registered gun that Uncle Sam knows you have or you milled out your own lower, you have few portions, one of which would be lying and saying you know longer own it/them and become a criminal or you turn it over. I honestly don’t know exactly what i would do in that predicament especially owning a gunstore which is starting to scare me with these turbulent times. Many say that the legal gun owners would go to war with the feds, but that would take cooperation amongst ALL gun owners to even be feasible.

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    It depends on the consequences of noncompliance and the tangible reality of enforcement of said. I know what items have paper and what ones don't.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,020 Senior Member
    That would give the old phrase "I've got a shotgun, a shovel, and 100 acres" a whole other meaning- - - - -which, in fact, I really do! As long as they make PVC pipe, grease, and a place to dig a hole, I refuse to be disarmed!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 365 Member
    early wrote: »
    It depends on the consequences of noncompliance and the tangible reality of enforcement of said. I know what items have paper and what ones don't.
    I’m taking a stab that non compliance would be a felony charge, maybe even federal.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,981 Senior Member
    FFLshooter wrote: »
    I’m taking a stab that non compliance would be a felony charge, maybe even federal.

There would be one HELL of a lot of instant felons then.

But I won't disclose on the Internet what I would do - hypothetically or otherwise...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,704 Senior Member
    I would rush down to Texas with all my guns so I can get there before they close the gates to the norther border...

AJA I believe that would be the beginning of a true secessionist movement and a bunch of states would hold up the Federal government up in court with suits and refusals to comply forever...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Could they effectively prove noncompliance???
    Or would throwing the dogs a few bones pacify them??? Felony for possession in a democratic republic is very hard for me to imagine.

I can't imagine there ever being enough resources for collection. Compelling the citizenry to voluntarily deliver would be the only way.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,020 Senior Member
    The Brits tried confiscation at Lexington and Concord- - - - -Like Dr. Phil says- - - - -"How did that work out for ya?"
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,267 Senior Member
    What would I do? Take note of what is to be confiscated. I have both 8" and 12" post hole augers for my tractor post hole digger. I know where to buy PVC pipe and end caps in bulk. And where I live I also know that the confiscation would go over like a big whole kernel studded turd in a punch bowl. The confiscators wouldn't fare too well.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,075 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »

But I won't disclose on the Internet what I would do - hypothetically or otherwise...
    :that: :agree: :win:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

How can a government that can't stop foreign powers from meddling in our elections, hacking our corporations, control our borders, collect due income tax, prevent entitlement fraud, etc....., effectively administer firearms confiscation from a citizenry that has more guns than Siberia has snow?
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,070 Senior Member
    They claim it's not possible to round up 15 million illegal aliens, how they going to find over 300 million guns? What would suck is you wouldn't be able to use them any more.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,437 Senior Member
    I just wonder if 2018 is going to be the year that part of the Constitution gets trashed by the Democrats and some Republicans. From what I have seen on the news, there's going to be a HUGE push for gun control this year.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,182 Senior Member
    So how would this work if someone had guns acquired before GCA 68 ??

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    No one can write perfect law. If this ever happens Americans will go into overdrive to find every loophole possible just like they did during the last ban. And as I said, entire states will give the Federal government the finger and we will have gun “sanctuary” states. I even believe the South WILL rise again, this time with full support from the oil states in the middle, and the civil war will be fought in the courts and elections, just like Brexit.

We are a nation IRREPARABLY divided by ideology and I don’t think anyone is looking for consensus and compromise anymore.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 866 Senior Member
    If confiscation were started it would be like the coming of the Second Civil War. It is estimated there are 250-300 million firearms out there and million of gun owners and how many do you think would surrender their firearms?
    The Government can't stop Drugs so how are they going to stop or confiscate firearms when millions are not registered of there is a record of?

The fallacy to to stopping School Shootings with guns, if someone intent on mass killing is they can use bombs, vehicles to kill like the terrorists have done in Europe, etc.
    There are multitude methods for killing large numbers, so how can L.E. prevent a deranged person from committing these acts?
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,190 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    The Government can't stop Drugs so how are they going to stop or confiscate firearms when millions are not registered of there is a record of?

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,905 Senior Member
    Will never happen. Legally it would require the repeal of the 2A. No way you can get 3/4ths of states on board.

That said it is possible ARs could be outlawed and some other specific firearms. If that happened I would inbuilt each of my lowers and turn them in stripped.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Will never happen. Legally it would require the repeal of the 2A. No way you can get 3/4ths of states on board.

That said it is possible ARs could be outlawed and some other specific firearms. If that happened I would inbuilt each of my lowers and turn them in stripped.

Not necessarily because they have already decided that "rights" can have boundaries (yell fire in a crowded theater etc.) but actual confiscation will generate a bunch of suits and criminal cases that will make it to SCOTUS for sure. That's when those pesky little words "shall not be infringed" will really make for a full on brawl in the SCOTUS since they have already decided it is a personal right. We need at least ONE more constitutionalist in there before that happens...

Canada tried just a full on registration of firearms and failed MISERABLY!!! Banning and confiscation of ANY firearms would NEVER fly here...

We will MIGHT see a push of registration by ATF of ARs as an AOW for $5. Probably an age minimum like handguns, tobacco and booze (must be 21 to own or use) and a "closing" of the gun show "loophole" which everyone will wipe their asses with on private sales and gifts... That's about all...
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,939 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    That would give the old phrase "I've got a shotgun, a shovel, and 100 acres" a whole other meaning- - - - -which, in fact, I really do! As long as they make PVC pipe, grease, and a place to dig a hole, I refuse to be disarmed!
    Jerry

You just blew my plan. Oh well, I figure 60 or so feet of 8" PVC, rent the auger drill from one of our tool renter places and bury them. I would still keep something hidden atop the ground for protection, but all the long guns and half the hand guns would get buried. There is the possibility that in places like Texas this could promote a secession from the Union. At the very least I don't think it would be strictly enforced here.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

Just dig a poo load of extra holes, like maybe 1,000 extra holes, and put PVC pipes filled with scrap metal in them for them to find with metal detectors. It would be a for real play on the movie 'Holes'. :roll2:

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,270 Senior Member
    I suppose that if I owned any firearms, an effort at confiscation would be of concern to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,194 Senior Member
    Move to Texas or Oklahoma or Alabama or wherever, after secession.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,077 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »

Come on over. We'll make room.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    104RFAST wrote: »
    HOPEFULLY I won't have to move
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Wambli Ska wrote: »
    That's about all...
    I see another Mag capacity ban, potentially on the horizon.

All of the lamestream media have MADE SURE to mention his AR15 and 30 round magazines in pretty much any and all reports about the shooting. So I can see them trying to convince the sheeple that both are evil, so if they can't get their ultimate goal of banning the AR, they can castrate them back to 10 rounders (or less)

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,070 Senior Member
    I know it doesn't hold water but during the dark ages, 2008-2016, several states, AL included wrote bills saying something like no unconstitutional law concerning the 2nd amendment will be upheld in the state.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    I honestly don’t see a full on confiscation coming, but what would be a real blow if they somehow banned AR’s is the fact that if you kept yours and used it to defend yourself or property as we can now with them legally, you’d be up creek without a paddle with the feds. Ain’t no fun in keeping something that you can’t use. Again, I doubt it’ll come to that but they keep eroding our rights a little at a time and some folks don’t realize it because they think it’s a compromise.
    Beginning to look like a pump action AR might be a future modification. And it would be easy to do, too. And has been done. Troy builds one. Since it's no longer an 'evil' semi auto, it wouldn't/shouldn't receive any unwanted attention.

tennmike wrote: »
    Beginning to look like a pump action AR might be a future modification. And it would be easy to do, too. And has been done. Troy builds one. Since it's no longer an 'evil' semi auto, it wouldn't/shouldn't receive any unwanted attention.
    Until some psychotic idiot who’s parents have their heads buried in their electronics too much to see that they are raising the next mass murderer uses it to kill a bunch of people. Then they’ll want them banned too.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,975 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

I have a nice california legal pump AK (par1)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file