Full confiscation: What would you do?

2»

Replies

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,865 Senior Member
    California has already accomplished this with ARs...in sort of a back door kinda way.

Forcing us to register them as assault weapons and made it illegal to transfer ownership to anyone in the state. My wife and I will register as joint owners, so either of us can keep it when the other passes. When we are both gone, it cannot be willed to our son if he still lives in CA, so he will have to either get it to his cousin in Nevada (providing they are still legal to own there) or turn it into to local law enforcement.

Side note: Wife and I went into Big 5 after lunch to get some ammo for her new lever gun. They had to look for a staff member who was certified to handle ammo before they could sell it to us. Yup, they had a sign on the door displaying this new policy.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,171 Senior Member
    California has already accomplished this with ARs...in sort of a back door kinda way.

Forcing us to register them as assault weapons and made it illegal to transfer ownership to anyone in the state. My wife and I will register as joint owners, so either of us can keep it when the other passes. When we are both gone, it cannot be willed to our son if he still lives in CA, so he will have to either get it to his cousin in Nevada (providing they are still legal to own there) or turn it into to local law enforcement.

Side note: Wife and I went into Big 5 after lunch to get some ammo for her new lever gun. They had to look for a staff member who was certified to handle ammo before they could sell it to us. Yup, they had a sign on the door displaying this new policy.

Our local Big 5 just quit selling ammo, the selves are bare. Our local Wal-Mart doesn't give a flyin' rat a**. :rotflmao:

If they ban AR's, I'll just set aside my Mini 14 as the go-to HD rifle. I suspect there will be a lot of stolen firearm reports filled out after a ban... and farm equipment rentals... and container sales... and.......etc. Just Speculating. :jester:

Might be time to take a second look at a HighPoint. If they confiscate that, I really wouldn't care! :spittingcoffee:
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,299 Senior Member
    Spk wrote: »
    Might be time to take a second look at a HighPoint. If they confiscate that, I really wouldn't care! :spittingcoffee:

I have one of the HI Point 9mm carbines. It's ugly as homemade sin, like AK ugly, but it's never failed to feed and fire any 9mm ammo I shove in the magazine! :tooth: VERY minute of torso at 50 yards, too. It's so ugly a hound dog would sniff it growl at it, then piss on it, just for giggles! :roll2:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,117 Senior Member
    Spk wrote: »
    Our local Big 5 just quit selling ammo, the selves are bare. Our local Wal-Mart doesn't give a flyin' rat a**. :rotflmao:

If they ban AR's, I'll just set aside my Mini 14 as the go-to HD rifle. I suspect there will be a lot of stolen firearm reports filled out after a ban... and farm equipment rentals... and container sales... and.......etc. Just Speculating. :jester:

You forgot all the folks who will be doing some plumbing repair with some really large diameter PVC pipe.

And one of those pocket handwarmers will reduce the chance of oxidation, because it will remove most, if not all, of the oxygen from a sealed container
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    You forgot all the folks who will be doing some plumbing repair with some really large diameter PVC pipe.

And one of those pocket handwarmers will reduce the chance of oxidation, because it will remove most, if not all, of the oxygen from a sealed container

I wondered about that...good to know.
    Support your local Scouts!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    I don't own anything that would matter but if I did, I probably wouldn't discuss something that serious with a bunch of strangers on the internet.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,031 Senior Member
    Does anybody make walnut stocks for highly polished and blued AR's? Chances are if we could scrub some of the "ugly" off 'em, the gun grabbers would be too stupid to figure out what we're carrying.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,917 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Does anybody make walnut stocks for highly polished and blued AR's? Chances are if we could scrub some of the "ugly" off 'em, the gun grabbers would be too stupid to figure out what we're carrying.
    Jerry
    Boyds makes them.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,195 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

https://www.rainierarms.com/battle-arms-development-paratrooper-300blk-pdw-sbr-7-5/
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,195 Senior Member
    Go to TEACH'S property,set up a perimeter, hunker down
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,324 Senior Member

When the Commifornia Assault Weapons Ban of 1989 went into effect my buddie's brother drove his nice little collection up to Oregon for safe keeping. One each: Colt AR-15, HK91, Valmet, and Yugoslavian AK-47 with folding stock. My buddy, myself, and a few other shooting buddies insured they were occasionally exercised at the local gun club ranges. The brother is a LEO Sergeant (LAPD)!
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 991 Senior Member
    I can't believe so many are voicing opinions of giving up their Constitutional right to arms! Everyone does remember the real reason why this second amendment was written into the Bill Of RIGHTS, don't they? In the event of a tyrannical government! Sad to read all these comments. Just remember, that almost every Govt. agency has been given LEO status so the going would be tough but read "Unintended Consequences" and you'll get the idea.
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    .............. What would suck is you wouldn't be able to use them any more.

Yes, you would. Use your imagination.
    “If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry!"
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,738 Senior Member
    wizard78 wrote: »
    I can't believe so many are voicing opinions of giving up their Constitutional right to arms! Everyone does remember the real reason why this second amendment was written into the Bill Of RIGHTS, don't they? In the event of a tyrannical government! Sad to read all these comments. Just remember, that almost every Govt. agency has been given LEO status so the going would be tough but read "Unintended Consequences" and you'll get the idea.

Yes, you would. Use your imagination.

EXCELLENT book...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    EXCELLENT book...

Somebody still has my hardbound copy of that book.

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,466 Senior Member
    Not today ISIS, not today...
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 367 Member
    Huh?
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,466 Senior Member
    Huh?

Its what we say when something is up, and we aren't gonna play that game... Like a random phone call on a phone asking how many Soldiers are in the bldg. We hang up the phone and say "not today ISIS, not today."

You asking what I would do if the government planned full confiscation...Not today ISIS, not today. That plan is mine to keep and to know.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 367 Member
    Huh?

Its what we say when something is up, and we aren't gonna play that game... Like a random phone call on a phone asking how many Soldiers are in the bldg. We hang up the phone and say "not today ISIS, not today."

You asking what I would do if the government planned full confiscation...Not today ISIS, not today. That plan is mine to keep and to know.

Ah, I see. I didn’t mean to come off as wanting to particularly know what you’d do with your stuff, more then I was just wanting to know what everyone else would do if they enacted something so blatantly against our god given freedoms.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    EXCELLENT book...

Somebody still has my hardbound copy of that book.

I believe I forwarded to Kenfu after I read it.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    Huh?

... We hang up the phone and say "not today ISIS, not today."

And here I thought you were having an argument with a certain Goddess! :D
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 150 Member

If the Democrats ever get a full confiscation law passed on firearms which would take a miracle. Many states would refuse to enforce it. The gun grabbers would get "upset" and send the BATFE off on a series of dog and pony show raids to be followed by a series of show trials. If some people got killed in this raids do to the BATFEs "aggressiveness" it would make a lot of "little people" "Upset". We would have a low level civil war break out. Anti-gun politicians, leaders like Bloomberg and members of the news media would find themselves targets of a resistance group. So they would require firearms to defend themselves or repeal the gun bans. The "war" probably won't be anything in the book Unintended Consequences. it may last for decades with gun grabbers being killed off once in a while like:

Big Gun grabbers private jet crashes or blows up.

Gun grabber politician gets shot or blown up by a bomb or has a accident

gun grabber reporter last seen driving down a lonely road during the night or is sent to a war zone and is killed

If the Democrats ever get a full confiscation law passed on firearms which would take a miracle. Many states would refuse to enforce it. The gun grabbers would get "upset" and send the BATFE off on a series of dog and pony show raids to be followed by a series of show trials. If some people got killed in this raids do to the BATFEs "aggressiveness" it would make a lot of "little people" "Upset". We would have a low level civil war break out. Anti-gun politicians, leaders like Bloomberg and members of the news media would find themselves targets of a resistance group. So they would require firearms to defend themselves or repeal the gun bans. The "war" probably won't be anything in the book Unintended Consequences. it may last for decades with gun grabbers being killed off once in a while like:

Big Gun grabbers private jet crashes or blows up.

Gun grabber politician gets shot or blown up by a bomb or has a accident

gun grabber reporter last seen driving down a lonely road during the night or is sent to a war zone and is killed

Regarding your scenarios, I think you are being highly optimistic as to the low level response that would follow such shenanigans by the government.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,078 Senior Member
    3% is still 8 or 9 million upset people with guns.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    There are at least three groups I know of whose members would likely mobilize rapidly. They are not small groups. Can you see the chaos of government agents outnumbered badly by groups that took an oath seriously? I really can't see any good outcome for this as it would end up in a NASTY smoldering civil war that would last for a long time, and with some areas going from smoldering to out of control conflagration in no time at all.

• JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 150 Member
    May be I was a little on the moderate side on the  confiscation violence.. I would also say there will also be widespread smuggling into the US of firearms and ammo. Large scale thefts of firearms and ammo. Police officers  selling confiscated firearms and ammo that have been confiscated. Military personnel selling firearms and ammo that they have stolen or picked up somewhere. In short we might have a prohibition problem on steroids. Later people will look back at this and say how could we have been so stupid.
  • coolwhipcoolwhip New Member Posts: 14 New Member
    what would I do ? WELLLL I would run down and turn all my guns in! because as we have all seen , it worked in great Britain , Europe , Australia .  the police,fbi &homeland security will protect me and my loved ones !  and all the people in government are sooo smart & wise they must know what's best for me! I can't do this any more , got to go AARRRUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH     VOMIT
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file