FOUR deputy sheriffs failed to enter the building.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    Going by the info posted in the piece Hummer posted and in other stuff, evidently this sort of thing has been known since Feb. 15, but it's only coming to light now? I think the sheriff's trying to cover up and protect himself, politically. As Gene said it's been SOP to show up and enter (in fact Sheriff Israel said that in an interview earlier this week.) So why did 4 officers hold up? I doubt they were all cowards.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,376 Senior Member
    Once every fact is known, everyone involved should be tossed on their ass, and made very well public.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,601 Senior Member
    Going by the info posted in the piece Hummer posted and in other stuff, evidently this sort of thing has been known since Feb. 15, but it's only coming to light now? I think the sheriff's trying to cover up and protect himself, politically. As Gene said it's been SOP to show up and enter (in fact Sheriff Israel said that in an interview earlier this week.) So why did 4 officers hold up? I doubt they were all cowards.

If they in fact were there while cruz was shooting unarmed unprotected teens and for any reason they stayed outside they are cowards. I dont care what protocal or dispatch states. Kids were shot while you stayed outside. If i stayed outside while people were shot i dont think i could ever sleep again
    Sheriff israel and crew failed failed failed, then he lied about it.
    What the hell ever happened to protect and serve? Guess its just a decal on their cars
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,098 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    If they in fact were there while cruz was shooting unarmed unprotected teens and for any reason they stayed outside they are cowards. I dont care what protocal or dispatch states. Kids were shot while you stayed outside. If i stayed outside while people were shot i dont think i could ever sleep again
    Sheriff israel and crew failed failed failed, then he lied about it.
    What the hell ever happened to protect and serve? Guess its just a decal on their cars

They just want to come home at night like any other factory worker. It's just a "job" to them. I believe that a large majority of LEO's could care less about the protect and serve part anymore. I don't think being an LEO means what it used to mean.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    I think Israel needs to step down due to inadequate leadership. I'm just trying to figure out why the order to hold was given

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,089 Senior Member
    What the hell ever happened to protect (ourselves) and serve (the politicians)? Guess its just a decal on their cars
    They just made a couple of omissions in that decal Diver.
    Ran out of room maybe?????
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,463 Senior Member
    Michakav wrote: »
    They just want to come home at night like any other factory worker. It's just a "job" to them. I believe that a large majority of LEO's could care less about the protect and serve part anymore. I don't think being an LEO means what it used to mean.

What makes you think this? There have been about 21 cops killed so far in 2018 and it's only February. Of course, cops want to come home at night, but it's more than a job.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene L wrote: »
    What makes you think this? There have been about 21 cops killed so far in 2018 and it's only February. Of course, cops want to come home at night, but it's more than a job.

The apparent, still unconfirmed, evidence in this case and others leads me to my opinion. My opinion is not fact and does not apply to EVERY LEO.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Ya, one portion of one county sheriff's department does not constitute a significant amount. Three deputies have been killed here in a sixty day period, one just blocks from my house.

These guys will face the music if its called for from the public and LEO's.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    early wrote: »
    Ya, one portion of one county sheriff's department does not constitute a significant amount. Three deputies have been killed here in a sixty day period, one just blocks from my house.

These guys will face the music if its called for from the public and LEO's.

Did those 3 deputies lose their lives by running towards danger while trying to protect others? Honest question.
    Yes, as far as was reported by the news. Not mass shootings but confronting armed felons.
    Yes, as far as was reported by the news. Not mass shootings but confronting armed felons.

I may have jumped the gun with my comments with how pissed I am at the current, yet unsubstantiated, accounts of this latest incident. I love and respect LEO's but have a lot of reservations about the current tactics and procedures. It just seems to me that a lot of LEO are gung-ho idiots that don't really realize what the job entails and the commitment associated with it.
    With so many people serving in those jobs, there's likely every type of person good and bad and everything in between represented to some degree.
    With so many people serving in those jobs, there's likely every type of person good and bad and everything in between represented to some degree.

Agreed. Was wrong of me to paint with such a broad brush. I realize now that I sounded like an anti-gun person.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,976 Senior Member
    Unfortunately there are those that don't want to do all they can. I have a friend that just finished serving 7 years for shooting a known thug that ran with a bunch of wannabes.
    They attacked him and his wife beating both of them, Michelle had called 911 before they were jumped by the 10 punks. Kevin ended up shooting and killing the leader which stopped the beating. We found out (was told by brothers stepdaughter a Kern co. sheriff) that the sheriff car with two officers in it sat 2 blocks away hoping not to have to deal with these drunk punks, they knew who they would be dealing with. After the call they sat there 15 minuets until they heard the gun shot and decided they better do something.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Just a side note...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27523/breaking-cnn-reports-four-broward-county-deputies-ben-shapiro?utm_medium=email&utm_content=022418-news&utm_campaign=position1

"What’s more, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum apparently chewed out Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel over that malfeasance on February 15 — more than a week ago. Which means that Israel knew full well that his own office had botched everything dramatically when he stood on stage with CNN’s Jake Tapper and a crowd of angry parents and community members and blamed the National Rifle Association and Dana Loesch for his own horrible failure."
    Support your local Scouts!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,194 Senior Member
    https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/exposing_the_deep_rot_in_the_deep_state.html

Read the whole article,take your blood pressure med's first. Florida shooting is worse
    than you think
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,711 Senior Member
    The article in my link has been updated:

Israel has confirmed that video from the school shows Deputy Peterson, the school's armed response officer and former employee of the month, standing outside the building for more than four minutes while suspected gunman Nikolas Cruz, 19, opened fire inside.
    'What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position and he never went in,' said Sheriff Israel, referring to the building on campus, popularly known as the 'freshman building,' where authorities said the bulk of the shooting occurred.
    Israel told reporters the shooting in the Fort Lauderdale suburb of Parkland lasted six minutes, and that Peterson arrived at the freshman building about 90 seconds after the first shots were fired, then lingered outside for at least four minutes.
    Asked what the deputy should have done, Israel replied: 'Went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer.'
    Peterson has not given a reason for why he did not enter the building, Israel said.
    Neither the deputy nor any representatives could immediately be reached for comment.
    Israel said he would not release the video at this time and may never do so, 'depending on the prosecution and criminal case' against Cruz, the 19-year-old former student who is charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder in the assault.
    Peterson was initially suspended without pay, and has since resigned.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5428851/FOUR-deputies-failed-enter-school-building-shooting.html#ixzz5888M5Y00
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,568 Senior Member
    It is interesting that the Main Stream Media is not all over law enforcement for the obvious failures in this case, they were usually protesting by now if a cop shot somebody.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    It is interesting that the Main Stream Media is not all over law enforcement for the obvious failures in this case, they were usually protesting by now if a cop shot somebody.

This is where Trump NEEDS to break Twitter with comments pointing this out. Make it so the media CANT ignore it.
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,568 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    This is where Trump NEEDS to break Twitter with comments pointing this out. Make it so the media CANT ignore it.

Yep, he has the light shining on the FBI already, time to turn up the heat.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,885 Senior Member
    There are pictures popping up all over the place of him and Hillary together. He was a big supporter of hers. If true and he gave the stand down order for an agenda he should be tarred and feathered. There are many different news sites saying this. I believe one was the NYT. I should have saved some of the links.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,910 Senior Member
    There are pictures popping up all over the place of him and Hillary together. He was a big supporter of hers.
    The sheriff in Florida, or Trump?
    Jermanator wrote: »

Ha!
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,601 Senior Member

Sheriff Scott Israel. He is a democrat suck up to the Democratic party, Hates civilians to have guns, a liar, has had a controversial career, and the list goes on. Just google his name

expl: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/loomer-broward-county-sherriff-pals-around-hillary-clinton/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/23/broward-county-sheriffs-office-did-not-miss-warning-signs-or-make-mistakes

There was also issues with his election. He hired some dirtbag political smear artist and put out many half and untruths about his oponnent
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,910 Senior Member
    Sheriff Scott Israel. He is a democrat suck up to the Democratic party, Hates civilians to have guns, a liar, has had a controversial career, and the list goes on. Just google his name

expl: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/loomer-broward-county-sherriff-pals-around-hillary-clinton/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/23/broward-county-sheriffs-office-did-not-miss-warning-signs-or-make-mistakes

There was also issues with his election. He hired some dirtbag political smear artist and put out many half and untruths about his oponnent
    Sounds like a turd to me. Maybe he should go on Twitter to "shine a light" on the organization that he is responsible for.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,940 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    I think in the days and weeks ahead we'll discover what a political hack the Broward 4 star cop
    really is. Three more coward cops cowering behind their cars, each shot they hear is another
    dead kid. I guess they left their Tactical uniform home that day. Five or six of those kids could have
    been saved

Maybe more than that! It was said somewhere, I think on facebook one person said he didn't blame the cop because all the cop probably had with him was his pistol and that's no match for an AR. More AR evil. A pistol will take out a perp as fast as an AR in trained hands. Don't give me that crap. These deputies dropped the ball as bad as the FBI. Cowards, they need to go find the Wizard of Oz and get some courage.

And Sheriff Israel is nothing but a Libtard Hack!!! He wouldn't be dog catcher here.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member

Too/to/two/2 soon?
    Support your local Scouts!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,940 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    While I am not sure about the true timeline I believe all shooting by Cruz was done prior to the most LEOs arriving on scene and he had slipped out. From the time he entered the building to when they think they see him on cameras cutting across the athletic field it’s just 8 minutes. So from start of firing to dropping his stuff to getting out and across the field ... 8 minutes. I’m say some LEOs did roll up to the sound of gunshots but I’m gonna guess he had stopped maybe 6 minutes from when he first entered so what sounds were coming from inside the school ... besides the students screaming that kept these deputies from entering?

NCFUBAE, Check it out but it has been said that the shooting was still ongoing while the deputy was cowering outside.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,885 Senior Member

They have all ready shown Trumps and Hillary in pictures together. That's old news. :tooth:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file