Big pig...

gatorgator Senior MemberPosts: 1,687 Senior Member
Saw this on Faceboo.......it is a screen shot of a video so I don't think it is a photoshop job.
What gun would ya'll use?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
USMC 80-84
-96 lbs

Replies

• gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    6e5bbaad62f201453220e0064fcaad74.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,206 Senior Member
    Ain't that big. Take your pick from a .223 Remington to whatever fancies you.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,206 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »

Better off with a sharp stick.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 670 Senior Member
    Looks like kanji on the side of those dumpsters, which leads me to think the photo is Japanese in origin, I know that their dumpsters are considerably smaller then our standard, so imho I'd say that pig is in the 220 odd pound range, not near as big as it seems, I'd cast my vote anything .222 on upwards.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Better off with a dull stick.

FIFY
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,405 Senior Member
    waipapa13 wrote: »
    Looks like kanji on the side of those dumpsters, which leads me to think the photo is Japanese in origin, I know that their dumpsters are considerably smaller then our standard, so imho I'd say that pig is in the 220 odd pound range, not near as big as it seems, I'd cast my vote anything .222 on upwards.

I have to agree with the other quarter of the the Kiwi contingent on here.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,557 Senior Member

If you look at the curb (4"-5"), the dumpster is only waist high or so......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,171 Senior Member
    Resized it. Those are small dumpsters:

This would make a good MEME. Anyone have any ideas?
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,637 Senior Member
    Spk wrote: »
    Resized it. Those are small dumpsters:

This would make a good MEME. Anyone have any ideas?

"Give me a boost kids. I heard that the McRib is back"

It looks like a .357 solid job to me, but like Zee says, shoot 'em with whatever.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,913 Senior Member

I agree - 250 lb. at the most. This looks like a slightly larger than average hog in my area, and that would be in the 200-250 weight range.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,946 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »

Now you're getting smart. Mine has killed more of my deer and more of my hogs than anything else I own, however I've owned it for 51 years. It's reliable. Of course I have about 12 more that are pretty reliable also. The .223 will kill hogs and do it well, just aim for the ear. Actually I think Hogs are generally easier to kill than deer, or at least they seem to be in my experience. I've shot a few deer than ran a ways when hit, but every hog I've shot never ran over about 15 yards and only one did that.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file