Trump says need to fight the NRA

terminator012terminator012 Senior MemberPosts: 2,890 Senior Member
Can't believe no one has posted this yet. Doesn't sound good to me. The deal maker making the wrong kind of deals.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/02/26/president-donald-trump-nra-background-checks-mobile.cnn/video/playlists/atv-road-to-the-white-house-automated/

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,747 Senior Member
    edited March 4 #2
    No one has posted it because once again it is taken out of context.  Here is the statement IN CONTEXT!!  With video of what was actually said...

And a MUCH better written article

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/26/trump_dont_worry_about_the_nra_theyre_on_our_side.html
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,324 Senior Member
    No one has posted it because once again it is taken out of context.  Here is the statement IN CONTEXT!!  With video of what was actually said...

And a MUCH better written article

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/26/trump_dont_worry_about_the_nra_theyre_on_our_side.html

That is the video I saw on the local news channel. I have been a NRA member since 1978. I have also had my disagreements with them over the years but they are our most effective defender of the 2nd amendment. I stopped taking "news" articles at face value in the early 1970s. They have become much better at deception over 4+ decades. The message I understood President Trump giving the Governors was not to fear the NRA. If you disagree with them, tell them. They can handle it!
  • Green Mtn. BoyGreen Mtn. Boy New Member Posts: 34 Member
    Mr. Trump may want to rethink his words,position unless he thinks all the resistance voters will carry the day for him if he should choose to stand for reelection.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,917 Senior Member
    Taking the full 2 minute video "in context" does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling at all. Quite the opposite.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,913 Senior Member
    I watched the whole meeting on TV, live, and I was not encouraged. I posted that earlier in this thread, but the post disappeared after a couple of hours.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,747 Senior Member
    It's not meant to give any one group the warm fuzzys.  It's meant to give all American the feeling that their President is willing to fight agains what he considers wrong and willing to listen to everyone in order to make an informed decision.  If he had come on TV and said, "I'll do anything the NRA says and agree with all their positions." a bunch of folks here would be calling him a shill for the NRA which it's now fashionable to call a shill for the Republican Party.  

Once again, I'll wait to see what the final recommendations are...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file