Floridians........Anything to this??

2»

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,917 Senior Member
    Here is how they voted. Primary out the ones that passed this plus the nays that said it wasn't enough....

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2018/7026/Vote/HouseVote_s07026e2859.PDF

And if they survive the primary, vote against them in the election.

bisley said:
    I might vote for them knowing that they wouldn't be another vote for the leftist destruction of the Constitution.

That is exactly what they are doing when they vote to strip our rights like they just did in Florida. Does it feel any better that Republicans are doing it?
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,738 Senior Member
    I either vote the platform or withhold my vote.  A vote for a Democrat only suppports THEIR platform.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    You may want to start withholding your vote then. I only made it to page 9 before I couldn't stop laughing.

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

Here is a gem from pages 12 and 13....

The Second Amendment:
    "Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    We uphold the right of individuals to keep
    and bear arms, a natural inalienable right that
    predates the Constitution and is secured by the
    Second Amendment. Lawful gun ownership enables
    Americans to exercise their God-given right of self-
    defense for the safety of their homes, their loved
    ones, and their communities...

....We also oppose any effort to deprive
    individuals of their right to keep and bear arms
    without due process of law."
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,913 Senior Member
    My comments don't apply as much to state legislatures, because they are representing a much narrower constituency and they often live among the people they represent. Also, they have very little ability to help wreck the Constitution or the highest courts. Often, they are beginners in politics who have merely selected the party they think they can win in. Very few of them will ever make the big leagues, so it may be easier to jump between parties without doing damage to the entire country. In my state, I have not found a Democrat I could vote for in the last 30 years, but most states are less conservative than Texas.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file