One BIG gripe about the new format...

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    That's one of the issues as the forum works differently for different users. I had a white background with the previous forum and it wasn't an issue then and it's not an issue now. Everything else is! The previous form of the forum was the same on my phone, tablet, or desktop and now it's almost unusable on all of them for me. I have slow internet and windows/ Android operating systems and the current rendition seems to prefer faster internet and Apple.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,446 Senior Member
    My internet speed.makes downloading pictures an issue. But, other than that, I'm not having any issues. Not a whole lot of difference between my android ph and my windows PC.
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    I am not a fan of the new format.  It has been a train wreck right from when they took the old one down without warning.  I have fast internet....but everything on this format is slow and jerky.  Something similar happened on another forum I used to frequent.  It is now such a pain to try to use that I rarely go on there anymore.  I used to be on there several times a day, now it is maybe once a month.  Before long I will probably not bother.  Same thing will likely happen here.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,978 Senior Member
    I don't know what is going on but I have had very little trouble, once in awhile a picture might load slow but that's about it. There are definitely some positive things. pictures being one of the big ones.Emojis just copy and past is nice also.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 367 Member
    The “congratulations, you’re a winner” spam pop up that locks up the screen isn’t just a random fluke. It happens if I’ve closed the page for more than an hour or so and happens EVERY time. Frustrating as Satan’s home.
    Are you using an ad blocker? If not maybe that is the difference.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 367 Member
    rberglof said:
    Don’t know how to on an IPhone.
    Can't help on that one but I do have it on my Samsung (android).
    rberglof said:
    Which 1.do you Have? I looked at them last night but couldn' decide which one to get.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,738 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    Don’t know how to on an IPhone.
    Download AdGuard from the Apple App Store.  It’s free.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,299 Senior Member
    Anybody got any clue AT ALL on how to delete messages. I've got a bunch of crapola from 2011 that suddenly showed up. I can't find the Delete function.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,888 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Anybody got any clue AT ALL on how to delete messages. I've got a bunch of crapola from 2011 that suddenly showed up. I can't find the Delete function.
    I just noticed. I don't even see the place for messages on my Droid phone. Got to be here some where. 
    Found it. 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,299 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I just noticed. I don't even see the place for messages on my Droid phone. Got to be here some where. 
    As Sgt. Schultz said, "I know nothing, nothing!" about smart phones, BUT the inbox on the computer is to the right of your avatar at the top line of the page, and is the second icon over that appears as an old fashioned 'In Box' for paperwork. look for the In Box thingy wherever your avatar appears at the top of the page. The 'Globe' thingy is the notifications thingy for all the new notifications like Likes, Badges, and other silliness.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

RugerFan said:
    rberglof said:
    Which 1.do you Have? I looked at them last night but couldn' decide which one to get.
    My phone is the J320 and was free from AT&T because the upgrade they did and my old flip phone would not have worked. My wife has Galaxy 7 edge. If you want one that you will use for pictures hers is impressive, both day and night.

tennmike said:
    tennmike said:
    As Sgt. Schultz said, "I know nothing, nothing!" about smart phones, BUT the inbox on the computer is to the right of your avatar at the top line of the page, and is the second icon over that appears as an old fashioned 'In Box' for paperwork. look for the In Box thingy wherever your avatar appears at the top of the page. The 'Globe' thingy is the notifications thingy for all the new notifications like Likes, Badges, and other silliness.

At home on laptop now. I don't see a delete button either. Maybe we have unlimited messages now. I did notice that more than 2 people could be in on the conversation. You can add more people to it.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,738 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    tennmike said:

At home on laptop now. I don't see a delete button either. Maybe we have unlimited messages now. I did notice that more than 2 people could be in on the conversation. You can add more people to it.
    That is correct.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    Hmmmm

I just noticed that. Messages that I thought I'd deleted years ago are still there.

This is the first thing I've seen with the new system that I don't like (aside from the missing emojis that I "assume" will be restored eventually.). Not in the slightest. Old crap needs to be delete-able - permanently. I don't want to see it again, and its just stupid to keep it around. G&A must have money to burn. As an aside, not having access to pictures you've already uploaded means people will keep uploading the same picture over and over again - which will also eat space. *shrug*

This is a direct result from users (of everything, not just this forum) insisting on keeping ephemera. It always amazed me how 99% of people archive and keep every single email they've ever sent or received! Its the new normal. When I was in IT, it was a constant fight to keep people under their (rather large) quota on the email server - but my usage was goose eggs.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,031 Senior Member

I hope all the people worth talking to have my email address.  Planning for this year's shoot is going to be interesting with this worthless piece of crap involved.

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    So, it has been a week, pictures are still supersized on my screen, especially Zee's, is there a fix for this?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,180 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    So, it has been a week, pictures are still supersized on my screen, especially Zee's, is there a fix for this?

Do I have to tell you guys everything?

Close one eye and squint the other ;) ;)
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Mrs_Mary_CelesteMrs_Mary_Celeste Posts: 21 New Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

There was that funny british tv guy the family used to watch Eddy Hill or something funny glassers.A dead bird in a cage This parrot is no more, he has ceased to be.

Did I get that right?

Benny Hill, perchance?
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 309 Member
    I go to a "discussion", what we used to call a thread, and it instantly kicks me to the very last post, regardless if I ever read it at all. And where is the "new posts" button?
    Me no likee, but my opinion is admittedly pretty valueless here. :)
    I go to a "discussion", what we used to call a thread, and it instantly kicks me to the very last post, regardless if I ever read it at all. And where is the "new posts" button?
    Me no likee, but my opinion is admittedly pretty valueless here. :)
    All input is welcome surely.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,186 Senior Member
    There’s a glitch with the formatting in Chrome for mobile.  Text in posts overruns the box on the right side, into the ad spaces and menu.  
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen said:
    There’s a glitch with the formatting in Chrome for mobile.  Text in posts overruns the box on the right side, into the ad spaces and menu.  
    This happens on firefox pc too.

RugerFan said:
    Benny Hill, perchance?
    Found it monty python
    https://youtu.be/4vuW6tQ0218
    do you think some guy could take the forum back

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,005 Senior Member
    LMLarsen said:
    Do you perchance have a minimum font size set in your browser? That *can* cause the symptom you're seeing on poorly coded webpages - which there are PLENTY of. I see it fairly frequently, although I'm not seeing it here myself. HTML is *supposed* to dynamically resize and reshape itself, but its distressingly easy to break this feature. And yea, it'll certainly break on small screens.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,186 Senior Member
    Nope.  Don’t have this problem with other sites. 
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file