One BIG gripe about the new format...

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,560 Senior Member
    Another thing is I cannot use my cursor to place the emoji where I want, it always ends up at the beginning of the text.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,063 Senior Member
    Why is it that anything I post shows up as a single paragraph, regardless of how many separate paragraphs I wrote?
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
    edited March 10 #64
    8 guests lurking, there was more than that lurking at 1:00 AM CST on almost any given day on the previous Forum(s). IT guys should be on here working this out with a thread instead of Wambli being the middle man.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,360 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    8 guests lurking, there was more than that lurking at 1:00 AM CST on almost any given day on the previous Forum(s). IT guys should be on here working this out with a thread instead of Wambli being the middle man.
    One snapshot in time means diddly. 

"I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

I looked at that number regularly on the older versions, it was rarlely below 100 except after the bars closed. 
    Without an  average over time, it means  Dee eye see kay. 
    One week VS 10 plus years? 
    Statistically insignificant. 
    Zee
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

I looked at that number regularly on the older versions, it was rarlely below 100 except after the bars closed. 

Lick your finger and stick it in the air, which way is the wind blowing............

Maybe G&A should do a feature.

All new and improved shiny forum, nice friendly folk, lots of really good jokes.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

cpj said:
    Also, the data is flawed/skewed compared to the previous forum. Unless you change it, it defaults to your online status being displayed. So now it may show members as being online, where before it may have shown guest. 
    Zee
    cpj said:
    cpj said:
    Also, the data is flawed/skewed compared to the previous forum. Unless you change it, it defaults to your online status being displayed. So now it may show members as being online, where before it may have shown guest. 

I don't think it was an average, it was how many lurkers were online at the moment, it would change in real time. There is what looks to me like a number next to the registered users online that is the lurkers currently looking at the forum or is that an incorrect assessment?
    CHIRO1989 said:
    cpj said:
    cpj said:

I don't think it was an average, it was how many lurkers were online at the moment, it would change in real time. There is what looks to me like a number next to the registered users online that is the lurkers currently looking at the forum or is that an incorrect assessment?
    Do you show me online?
    Zee
    Not at the moment.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Not at the moment.
    So am I considered a guest? Or am I not counted at all? I have no idea. But yet....I'm still online. 
     And with crap data, there's no telling what's  accurate. 
    Not that it matters to anyone here personally anyway. No one has money invested. No ones getting a pay check. If the place fails because the lurkers quit lurking, it fails. No skin off of anyone's ball sack 
    Zee
    I was watching for you to pop on when you posted, never saw Clint/Dirty Harry
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I was watching for you to pop on when you posted, never saw Clint/Dirty Harry
    And you won't see me. I have my status hidden. Which is why I asked, am included in the "guest" list? Or simply not shown at all? There could be HUNDREDS of people viewing this forum, and you would never know, if their status is hidden and not included in the "guest" list. 
    Zee
    The IT guys will be along shortly to sort this out.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,073 Senior Member
    <---isn't online either... just look :p
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    <---isn't online either... just look :p
    You have been keeping company with the wrong crowd.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 309 Member
    LMLarsen said:
    There’s a glitch with the formatting in Chrome for mobile.  Text in posts overruns the box on the right side, into the ad spaces and menu.  

This also happens with IE, but only occasionally.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,874 Senior Member
    Where is whose online, users now?
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,910 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    The previous version showed anyone that was or is on the forum during a 30 minute window or so. I think this new one shows it only in real time.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,910 Senior Member
    On my PC, it is on the far right after you scroll down a bit.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,874 Senior Member
    On my PC, it is on the far right after you scroll down a bit.

I see it now. Can't click on it. Shows 16. 
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,131 Senior Member
    BOO!..................I'm Invisible....................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    This joint seems a lot more difficult to navigate than the old forum to me and it ain't a matter of 'Getin Used To It................'

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,258 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    This joint seems a lot more difficult to navigate than the old forum to me and it ain't a matter of 'Getin Used To It................'

But......but..........but........It's iPad, iTablet, iPhone, and iFroot friendly! So it's got that goin' for it............and all the young Turks that got that platform and LOVE IT are the new cutting edge gun owners. I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,922 Senior Member

. I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little.
    Isn't that fun, I sometimes did that during a pratice air combat maneuvering engagement
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:

. I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little.
    Isn't that fun, I sometimes did that during a pratice air combat maneuvering engagement
    Yuk, inside yer face/Ox mask............
    edited March 11 #89
    tennmike said:
    Big Chief said:

But......but..........but........It's iPad, iTablet, iPhone, and iFroot friendly! So it's got that goin' for it............and all the young Turks that got that platform and LOVE IT are the new cutting edge gun owners. I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little.
    Tell us how you really feel Mike! :D :s B)

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,691 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Big Chief said:

Where did you see an iFroot?  I want one! 😁
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,258 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Big Chief said:

Where did you see an iFroot?  I want one! 😁
    You're obviously not a fan of the comic strip 'Foxtrot' are ya. >:) :D
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file