2 shot at Huffman High School (Birmingham) this afternoon

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 17,073 Senior Member
2 seventeen year olds, one male, one female. The female was killed.

Not much information yet, watching local PD news conference. I'm thinking 2 thuglets being thuglets, but of course local politicos are screaming for gun bans

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,258 Senior Member
    Don't know what happened, but if the shooters aren't tried and convicted of murder, then there is no justice left.

Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,975 Senior Member
    They ware saying accidental shooting!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,073 Senior Member
    I'm thinking this was either a murder - attempted suicide or an attempted murder - suicide

Lover's quarrel and the "dumpee" shot the one that dumped them, maybe????

It wasn't "random" and local sources are backing off the "accidental" angle
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

The second 17 year old involved/wounded  charged, as an adult, with manslaughter and illegal firearms possession
    Michael Jerome Barber is his name
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/alabama/articles/2018-03-09/teen-charged-with-manslaughter-in-alabama-school-shooting

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,592 Senior Member
    The school has metal detectors, but they were not being used? Someone has some splaining to do
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    The school has metal detectors, but they were not being used?
    Correct

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file