Well Florida did it...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 17,120 Senior Member
Banned the sale or possession of bump stocks :angry:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,919 Senior Member
    That sucks. I am not sure how Make My Day is going to replace the one he lost in that tragic boating accident now.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,454 Senior Member
    That sucks. I am not sure how Make My Day is going to replace the one he lost in that tragic boating accident now.
    LOL. I'll have to use Jerry's idea of adapting a rubber band to the trigger or something. Rick Scott can eat my shorts in his race for Senator.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,305 Senior Member
    Next order of business is making voting rights start at 21. If they ain't adult enough for firearms, then they ain't smart or adult enough to be voting!

Noel, I can show ya a few methods on how to do that bump stock thingy with just a highly educated index finger and thumb, shooting from the shoulder. It ain't rocket surgery! :)
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike said:
    Next order of business is making voting rights start at 21. If they ain't adult enough for firearms, then they ain't smart or adult enough to be voting!
    Or serving in our military. They shouldn't be allowed to fight and die for our country until they turn 21-- when they are treated like real citizens.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,891 Senior Member
    So if one were to possess one, what do they have to do?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    Why 21? Wait until age 26 and they have to get their parents' insurance...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,408 Senior Member
    edited March 10 #8
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,757 Senior Member
     Florida did it, then called for the feds to follow suit.... and Trump praised the move.  

It's okay though... he's probably just setting up the libs.  He'd never sell us out.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,766 Senior Member
    Aaaaannnnddddd.....the NRA filed suit about an hour after he signed it....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,891 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Good. About time they make themselves useful.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,010 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    They'd never do that in Commiefornia!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,408 Senior Member
    From what i read teachers are NOT eligible. Only certain people, and teachers were not on the list 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,766 Senior Member
    I saw on the news that part of the training for those to be armed in schools includes a 12 hour "diversity" course...
    Apparently the race/ethnicity of the nut with a gun must be considered before blasting him straight to hell....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    The bill, FLSB 7026 (18R) is around 105 pages long and contains a good bit more than what's been publicized so far. It creates a 3 day waiting period for all gun purchases along with extending the Baker Act evaluation period from 72 hours to 60 days. This may mean nothing to most folks but I've had someone very close to me have a relative try to Baker Act her after her husband passed away (sitting in a car next to her) and the law required her to be evaluated quickly and a decision made. She was release within 48 hours and determined not a candidate for the Act but was still stuck with quite a few thousand dollars in bills from the ordeal. If officials are given 60 days to make a determination, a person on could be saddled with huge medical bills through no fault of their own and without committing any crime. It's fairly easy for a relative to try and Baker Act someone. Point is, there is much more to this bill than just bump stocks and armed teachers.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,010 Senior Member
    Does the 3 day apply to CCW holders?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,757 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'm not sure that should matter. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'm not sure that should matter. 

The reason Zorba asked is to see if the three day waiting period on rifles falls in line with the three day waiting period on handguns in Florida.  Unless this bill just changed the law, CCW holders in Florida are exempt from the three day wait.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,120 Senior Member
    Bet it doesn't apply to the rifles and I wouldn't be surprised if the new law doesn't make it go away for handguns as well

"It's for the children" :rage:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,946 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Or serving in our military. They shouldn't be allowed to fight and die for our country until they turn 21-- when they are treated like real citizens.
    I'm for that anyway. 18 is too damn young to be dying for your country.  Hell, let some old guys go. I'm 70 and right now if they let me join the service I'd be there as soon as I could get dressed and get to the recruiter. I'm retired and got lots of benefits. All I'd want is the monthly salary and a gun. Let me at it!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    knitepoet said:
    Bet it doesn't apply to the rifles and I wouldn't be surprised if the new law doesn't make it go away for handguns as well

"It's for the children" :rage:
    I'm afraid I have to agree. I think we're dangerously close to that slipperiest of slippery slopes.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,607 Senior Member
    The wording says "handguns" rifles are not mentioned.  Kind if makes me wonder wonder if it is so, because it is rifles they want to ban.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited March 11 #24
    I'm just wondering, did this surprise anybody here? I've seen it coming for a few years now. I'm surprised the big push wasn't put on after Sandy Hook. I think it didn't because Obama was president and the Libtards figured if he couldn't do it nobody could. A Republican president was like blood in the water to sharks. So the Libtard sharks attacked from everywhere so hard that it dragged republicans in with it.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,914 Senior Member
    I think that the Florida governor has seized an opportunity to advance himself, on the gamble that this will put him on a national platform as a populist in the Republican Party. Donald Trump has so far gotten away with that because he never kow-towed to Republicans, anyway, and he has kept some pretty big promises made to conservatives. Rick Scott is no Donald Trump, and I doubt this will benefit him, politically, in the long run. All he had to do was ride out the first month after this tragedy, and he would have saved himself some grief, later on.

Any legislation that is made so immediately upon the heels of such an emotional outpouring is not based on all of the facts, because the public doesn't yet have them. He should have concentrated on the failures of the FBI and the Broward Sheriff's Department, as well as the school program that allowed them to keep the shooter from having an arrest record. He apparently has chosen this moment to make the leap from sensible conservative to reactionary populist.

He might get away with it in Florida - Marco Rubio did, but just barely. In Texas, his political career would be in very serious jeopardy, everywhere except some of the biggest cities.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,120 Senior Member
    Once again, VERY well said Bisley

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,286 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Jayhawker said:
    They'd never do that in Commiefornia!

Because it would be a waste of resources. Like spending advertising dollars for a steak house in a veggie community.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Nevermiss1Nevermiss1 New Member Posts: 11 New Member
    tennmike said:
    Lol, I suggest they wait further till 26 before enlisting atleast they would get their parent insurance before.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,615 Senior Member
    The bill, FLSB 7026 (18R) is around 105 pages long and contains a good bit more than what's been publicized so far. It creates a 3 day waiting period for all gun purchases along with extending the Baker Act evaluation period from 72 hours to 60 days. This may mean nothing to most folks but I've had someone very close to me have a relative try to Baker Act her after her husband passed away (sitting in a car next to her) and the law required her to be evaluated quickly and a decision made. She was release within 48 hours and determined not a candidate for the Act but was still stuck with quite a few thousand dollars in bills from the ordeal. If officials are given 60 days to make a determination, a person on could be saddled with huge medical bills through no fault of their own and without committing any crime. It's fairly easy for a relative to try and Baker Act someone. Point is, there is much more to this bill than just bump stocks and armed teachers.
    I did not know that if Baker Acted you were liable for your bills.  This seems wrong.  My wife would Baker Act someone at least once a week  ( oddly, never me!  ;)  )  Seriously, if you were involuntarily committed, it seems like you should not be liable for the bill.  

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file