A good day for rude awakenings!

2»

Replies

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,099 Senior Member
    Buy yourself a Mustang GT convertible.  Same silly grins and no helmet needed.

Happy Birthday!
    Enzo, I decided to follow your advice and stumbled into a Ford dealer's showroom the other day.  The didn't have any Mustang conv's  in stock (too early up here) but there was a brand new Carroll Shelby 350 Mustang on the floor, nicely equipped.  You'll never guess the MSRP:  $66,000 !!!  Talk about sticker shock!  I can remember when Rolls Royces didn't cost that much!  Lordy!  Ever drive a Shelby Mustang?  I haven't, but was sorely tempted just by looking at the one on the floor.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,446 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    How about this: Polaris Slingshot.... the handling of a race car and the thrill of a motorcycle. Price range: 25K-30K depending on color, trim and accessories, which is about 10-15K cheaper than a Harley trike. I'm not there yet, but I'm considering this a future purchase. Imagine this on the roads of western North Carolina and east Tennessee.

I'd LOVE to have that one, but I could see a lot of speeding tickets in my future if I did have one. Same for the Can-Am trike. I still have a lead foot after all these years, or from just seeing speed limits as nothing more than suggestions. :smiley:
    I just saw 1 of those in the local sale paper: 2015, Polaris Slingshot SL, 12k miles, $18,500.

Fly down, buy it, and drive it back! Road Trip!!!!!!
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 655 Senior Member

While we are on the subject of vehicles we would love to own but will never be able to afford:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q8u6BNkO68

You have to contact them to get a price......they are only making a total of 50, so it ain't gonna be cheap!

• jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,353 Senior Member
    Buy yourself a Mustang GT convertible.  Same silly grins and no helmet needed.

Happy Birthday!
    Enzo, I decided to follow your advice and stumbled into a Ford dealer's showroom the other day.  The didn't have any Mustang conv's  in stock (too early up here) but there was a brand new Carroll Shelby 350 Mustang on the floor, nicely equipped.  You'll never guess the MSRP:  $66,000 !!!  Talk about sticker shock!  I can remember when Rolls Royces didn't cost that much!  Lordy!  Ever drive a Shelby Mustang?  I haven't, but was sorely tempted just by looking at the one on the floor.
    The Ford dealer lent us a brand new GT 5.0, 6spd, convertible to go get some lunch when they were putting the hitch in my truck.  
    It was really fun, you could get into some trouble with the traction control turned off!
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,099 Senior Member
    Do you remember what the MSRP was on it?  Was it under $30,000?
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,299 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    tennmike said:
    How about this: Polaris Slingshot.... the handling of a race car and the thrill of a motorcycle. Price range: 25K-30K depending on color, trim and accessories, which is about 10-15K cheaper than a Harley trike. I'm not there yet, but I'm considering this a future purchase. Imagine this on the roads of western North Carolina and east Tennessee.

I'd LOVE to have that one, but I could see a lot of speeding tickets in my future if I did have one. Same for the Can-Am trike. I still have a lead foot after all these years, or from just seeing speed limits as nothing more than suggestions. :smiley:
    I just saw 1 of those in the local sale paper: 2015, Polaris Slingshot SL, 12k miles, $18,500.

Fly down, buy it, and drive it back! Road Trip!!!!!!
    I'd have my DL revoked by the time I hit Atlanta! :smiley:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file