Eli the Ice man

2»

Comments

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,182 Senior Member
    And please DONT start making DS0 again. I have made a LOT of money on those over the last 30 years, but no one knows how to work them anymore and giving a tester a script and a button to push doesnt make it.  :)

The FAA and sub pac live off of old analog DSO and digital DDS circuits.  I've seen 4-wire 829 cards from the late 70's early 80's still up and operational.  A testament to their design and circuitry.  Simple 4-wire E&M modems and OCU-DP and CSU's and away you go!  Do you still know what 2713 Hz tone is used for?
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Geez, I didn't think DDS or ISDN existed anymore.  We don't make or support it any longer, even if we wanted to, most of the parts aren't available, that was all through hole stuff.  It would all need a total redesign.  We do still make HDSL stuff, they tried to discontinue it but people still want it.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 838 Senior Member
    Remember old ELI the ICEman from my days learning avionics (aviation electronics) and getting my General Radiotelephone with Radar way back when
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,182 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    Geez, I didn't think DDS or ISDN existed anymore.  We don't make or support it any longer, even if we wanted to, most of the parts aren't available, that was all through hole stuff.  It would all need a total redesign.  We do still make HDSL stuff, they tried to discontinue it but people still want it.

Funny you say that.  I had to do some BRI for the military last year and we didn't even have a BRI module for test set anywhere within the company.  I had to go to eBay to find one.  Same for our 4-wire local loop DDS module. 

HDSL is primary way of delivering most T1 these days.  BTW, who do you work for making telecom solutions?  

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file