Wambli is a jinx, or my flip phone exploded last night

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 22,267 Senior Member
Battery on my flip phone was charging last night and the freakin' lithium battery did a 'POP! FIZZZZZZZZ!!!!!' and burned a big spot on the kitchen table. No loss as far as the table is concerned, but the phone is toasted a bit overdone. Wambli obviously put out some bad Ju-Ju on my flip phone and made it commit suicide. It's ALL HIS FAULT; that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! His hatred for flip phones did it!  :#

So I go to the Verizon store and get a Google Android Pixel 2 XL phone. It's got that voice to text thing. While in the store I confused it worse than a flatulence package in a perfume factory! The saleslady couldn't stop laughing at what it was coming up with; consensus was that I'd have to talk Yankee English to make it work.

Saleslady initially suggested the iPhone and I rejected that out of hand. I WILL NOT TURN TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having fun cussin' the darned thing trying to do stuff with it. It came with no instruction manual, JUST LIKE THIS FREAKIN' NEW FORUM ITERATION!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGGGgggghhhhhhhh!
Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



Replies

  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member

    Those accumulator batteries just don't last like they used to.


    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,142 Senior Member
    edited March 13 #3
    Wambli must think those flip-phones are well, just PEDESTRIAN................ I think he hates that word :# ..............probably grunts and speeds up at crosswalks where signs say
     Pedestrians have the right of way! >:)
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,704 Senior Member
    Sorry.  Should have happened sooner but it took me a while to track that flip phone of yours and download the self destruct firmware.  The rest of you dinosaurs please keep your flip phones away from flammable stuff.  I’m working my way down the list.... 👽
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,901 Senior Member
    That's not fair - I just swapped my smart phone for a flip, and I need a few more months of peace before having to redo. If you can find it within your heart to have mercy on me for a year, I will have forgotten who to blame when it burns my old house down.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,981 Senior Member
    If mine blows, I have a backup. If it blows, I'll just buy another - they're like $30.

    As for the OP: You have sinned against the code. You are hereby cast from the inner circle into the outer darkness! >:)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,267 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    If mine blows, I have a backup. If it blows, I'll just buy another - they're like $30.

    As for the OP: You have sinned against the code. You are hereby cast from the inner circle into the outer darkness! >:)
    I'm having fun with the voice to text thing. I've sent a few to my nephew. He is thoroughly confused. The rest of the stuff might be fun if I ever figure it out. As to that outer darkness thing, I've had a LOT more fun when it was dark than when it was light out. Sayin'. >:)
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    Sorry.  Should have happened sooner but it took me a while to track that flip phone of yours and download the self destruct firmware.  The rest of you dinosaurs please keep your flip phones away from flammable stuff.  I’m working my way down the list.... 👽
    Now that's funny, I don't care what you say! :D
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

    John 3: 1-21
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,142 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    What's a flip phone? Lol 
    A simple cell phone you can flip open the cover for phone calls.......not as $$$$ as a hand held small computer.
    Like the Jitterbug as seen on TV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,267 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    What's a flip phone? Lol 
    You're on a computer/smartypants phone. Google it! :smiley:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,267 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:
    What's a flip phone? Lol 
    You're on a computer/smartypants phone. Google it! :smiley:
    Lol. I didn't think anyone used those anymore....... other than my grandparents anyway :)
    Difference between country folk vs. city folk. It it ain't broke and it still works, then it doesn't need fixin' or replacin'. Like my 17 year old Dodge 3/4 ton diesel pickup. It still works, so I don't need a new one! :smiley:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,704 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    That's not fair - I just swapped my smart phone for a flip, and I need a few more months of peace before having to redo. If you can find it within your heart to have mercy on me for a year, I will have forgotten who to blame when it burns my old house down.
    Fine you are now at the bottom of the list, but that might only buy you 3-4 months.  Here’s a suggestion, when you plug in your flip phone to charge immediately dunk it into a glass of water to prevent it self igniting.  Trust me on this one 👹
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,901 Senior Member
    Got it. I'll try that. Thanks.You are a prince (spelled p r i c k) among men, :)
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,267 Senior Member
    Too cold to go outside this morning. Sanded burned spot on table and gave it a new coat of paint. It will be good to go when the paint dries. :smile:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,981 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:
    What's a flip phone? Lol 
    You're on a computer/smartypants phone. Google it! :smiley:
    Lol. I didn't think anyone used those anymore....... other than my grandparents anyway :)
    Difference between country folk vs. city folk. It it ain't broke and it still works, then it doesn't need fixin' or replacin'. Like my 17 year old Dodge 3/4 ton diesel pickup. It still works, so I don't need a new one! :smiley:
    Dude, that truck's barely broken in!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,267 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:
    What's a flip phone? Lol 
    You're on a computer/smartypants phone. Google it! :smiley:
    Lol. I didn't think anyone used those anymore....... other than my grandparents anyway :)
    Difference between country folk vs. city folk. It it ain't broke and it still works, then it doesn't need fixin' or replacin'. Like my 17 year old Dodge 3/4 ton diesel pickup. It still works, so I don't need a new one! :smiley:
    Dude, that truck's barely broken in!
    It ain't close to being broken in! Less than 70K on the odometer! :smiley:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file