LOCK'ER DOWN

10canyon5310canyon53 MemberPosts: 577 Senior Member

This was waiting for me when I got home tonight.  I ordered it for my wife's Suburban after she and the kids got in a scary situation last week at the local mall.  She and our 14 year old daughter were shopping in Burlington Coat Factory when a fight broke out between some young men nearby.  My wife recognized a bad situation developing and ducked into the dressing room where our daughter was trying on clothes and locked the door.  About that time gunfire erupted.  Both my wife and daughter counted 8 shots.  The fight had moved outside just before gunfire erupted but there was confusion as to whether the gunman came back into the mall or not so she just hunkered down and texted our son who was in another store in the mall.  She told him to find a bathroom and lock himself in, which he did.  She then called me.  I was in a hotel room about 80 miles away.  You can imagine how helpless I felt being on the phone with her but too far away to do anything.  My wife does have a Florida Concealed Weapon License and was carrying her 9mm Shield.  She is a teacher and it has been a struggle on my part to convince her that she needed to have it on her anytime she is not at school.  It is a struggle no more.  She now gets why I am so insistent about it.  Since she is a teacher and cannot carry at work, she leaves it in the safe at home rather than in a locked but otherwise unsecured truck in the parking lot.  Luckily this time she went home before going to the mall and I guess all my nagging paid off since she did get her gun out of the safe and take it to the mall with her.  They were able to leave the mall safely after the police arrived.  After last month's school shooting and now this experience she has decided she wants a gun safe in her truck so that the only place she is not armed is actually in the school building.  When she said that I think my credit card got whiplash because I pulled it out and ordered the safe so fast.  But.....I can't install it yet.  My wife flew to Milwaukee today to be with our oldest daughter for her 20th birthday so her Suburban is parked at the airport.  I guess it is a project for next weekend.  I have a modular holster for her Shield that she no longer uses for Action Pistol thanks to the new custom one I had made.  It looks like it will mount nicely to the inside of the center console safe to secure her pistol.  If it turns out well I will update here with pics if anyone is curious.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file