Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe fired

13»

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,021 Senior Member
    Actually Bisley, I don't trust Fox, Vox, NY Times, Washington Post, NPR, Breitbart, or anyone else to give me the straight news. Every single one of them, even if they are sincerely trying to present the truth, have their own biases. Because of that, I typically try to look into various sources before I draw any conclusions on an issue. If a left type news source is saying something, I automatically look for a right news source to find a different angle and vice versa. From there, I use my own head and come up with my own conclusions. Even when you sort through the bias and get to the "straight news" often important details get left out. Things happen behind the scenes where they are only going to report true facts that place the narrative they want you to hear in a good light. So while factual, the bias still exists.

I refuse to let some news executive do my thinking for me.

I kind of resent the idea that I am regurgitating someone's talking points and serving their agenda.
    And if you put weight on the judges that are interviewed on Fox News, I would pay close attention to what Andrew Napolitano has to say...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/19/judge-napolitano-andrew-mccabe-firing-could-be-obstruction-justice

It's getting interesting.  McCabe claims he was given the green light by Comey to leak information to the press, but Comey testified under oath in one of the congressional hearings that he never leaked information to the press and did not authorize anyone to do so regarding Hillary's email investigation and the Russian election interference investigation.

I wonder who's next.

They way I am understanding it is that McCabe as assistant FBI director, had the authority to give that background information and did not need Comey's green light.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,980 Senior Member
    And if you put weight on the judges that are interviewed on Fox News, I would pay close attention to what Andrew Napolitano has to say...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/19/judge-napolitano-andrew-mccabe-firing-could-be-obstruction-justice

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Fox News regularly brings respected, intelligent people on and lets them say exactly what they want to say - not so much when all the commentators are interviewing each other - but on the news shows. I'm not saying that Fox has no bias on any subject, just that they do it right, sometimes. They also avoid bringing people on who are going to preach a narrative that they have to punch holes in, I suppose because they don't want to give an appearance of taking sides.

I don't watch Fox because they are always right - I watch it because they have evidence based stories that the others don't even mention. To me, failure to report on a story that has credible evidence to support it, is a journalistic failure. They have some journalistic failures of their own, but they don't ignore evidence as aggressively as the other media, and when the evidence becomes proof, they report it as such.

I'm fine with negative stories on Trump or any other Republican, if true. But ganging up on him to divert attention from a story they don't like brings me into the fray, if nobody else is going to do it. I don't like being seen as one of Trump's defender, because he is obviously not a 'straight arrow.' But he is what we have, and impeaching him is going to take  the heat off of the widespread corruption left by the previous administration, which is dragging this country through the mud and ruining it for future generations. Liberals hate him for tearing up their beloved bureaucracies, but conservatives will put up with him for as long as he keeps helping their own agendas.
    Where I am with this whole thing right now is that while I have serious doubts of Trump personally colluding, but that is beside the point. Mueller's investigation isn't only about that. Had Trump not fired Comey to make that "Russian thing go away", it would probably have been found that there were some Russian trolls bent on stirring the poo but did not collude with the Trump campaign and life would have went on.

The problem is that Trump obstructed justice by firing Comey to make the Russian thing go away and is now seen bullying and intimidating his attorney general into harassing a potential witness to his obstruction of justice.

Like the whole birther movement, this entire deep state idea is another fabrication where he can create a conspiracy theory where enough people will believe it and cast doubt on his deeds. Think about this-- Comey, McCabe, and Mueller have all been life long Republicans. Why are these people suddenly some far left Clinton cult? The answer is that they aren't. It is simply a fabrication to distract from reality.

And I am wondering why Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot. Firing Comey was epic stupidity then getting rid of McCabe 26 hours before he was going to be gone anyway? There was no point to that other than to be a jerk or intimidate others and I think it is going to blow up in his face. It is almost like he is his own worst enemy but doesn't realize it.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,979 Senior Member

I refuse to let some news executive do my thinking for me.

I kind of resent the idea that I am regurgitating someone's talking points and serving their agenda.
    Dang it Jerm, you're not allowed to do that! If you're not regurgitating team red's talking points then you are a worthless lib or even worse a traitorous RHINO! Stop thinking for yourself Breitbart, Fox News and the president's tweets will tell you everything you need to know. Believe everything. Question nothing. What's good for Trump is good for America, is good for you!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,092 Senior Member

It's getting interesting.  McCabe claims he was given the green light by Comey to leak information to the press, but Comey testified under oath in one of the congressional hearings that he never leaked information to the press and did not authorize anyone to do so regarding Hillary's email investigation and the Russian election interference investigation.

I wonder who's next.

They way I am understanding it is that McCabe as assistant FBI director, had the authority to give that background information and did not need Comey's green light.

Then why did McCabe tweet that Comey authorized him to leak information to the press?  And are you sure about McCabe being a life long republican?  His wife ran as a democrat in a Virginia senatorial race.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Then why did McCabe tweet that Comey authorized him to leak information to the press?  And are you sure about McCabe being a life long republican?  His wife ran as a democrat in a Virginia senatorial race.
    I am not aware of any Tweet. If what you are referring to is the statement he made in the link below, read what he says very carefully. He said that Comey was aware. He doesn't say that he was granted permission from Comey.

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/378919-mccabe-just-made-life-tough-for-comey-and-the-special-counsel

As far as being a Republican, he claims that he has voted Republican in every presidential election with the exception of 2016-- which he claims he didn't vote at all. His wife running as a Democrat? There are lots of "Democrats" in my area that are Republicans in disguise just as there are lots of "Republicans" that are really Democrats in office in red states-- no biggie. And I don't know about you, but my wife is far from my clone regarding politics. She has a mind of her own and does not represent my point of view. I am sure many other women are the same.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,544 Senior Member
    edited March 20 #70
    .................................And I am wondering why Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot. Firing Comey was epic stupidity then getting rid of McCabe 26 hours before he was going to be gone anyway? There was no point to that other than to be a jerk or intimidate others and I think it is going to blow up in his face. It is almost like he is his own worst enemy but doesn't realize it.
    For someone that researches everything, I don't know why I have to bother with this, and it was at the top of the google list:

"Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office," White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement. "President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

http://www.newsweek.com/why-james-comey-fired-fbi-606372

And McCabe was fired because of lying and leaking, NOT by Trump, but on recommendation of the Inspector General and carried out by Sessions. You are not telling the entire story on issues about Trump.

I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
    I guess we will just have to see how it all shakes out.

If the IG did his job and someday actually releases his investigation, Sessions will likely have to bend to the pressure of the oversight committees to appoint a special prosecutor. Then, all we have to hope for is that he can find one with the cojones to buck the entire Democrat Party and all their minions.

Or maybe Mueller will actually find something he can take to a grand jury, in the hopes of Democrats everywhere that a little bit of frenzied reporting and breathless commentary can make everything else go away.

Then he went on nationa
    For someone that researches everything, I don't know why I have to bother with this, and it was at the top of the google list:

"Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office," White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement. "President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

http://www.newsweek.com/why-james-comey-fired-fbi-606372

And McCabe was fired because of lying and leaking, NOT by Trump, but on recommendation of the Inspector General and carried out by Sessions. You are not telling the entire story on issues about Trump.

But because I research, I learned that a couple of days later Trump goes on NATIONAL FREAKING TV and says that he fired Comey over the "Russia thing". Had he **** and not said anything else, the reasons you gave above would be acceptable. But no, he couldn't do that... shut his mouth. Like I said, he is his own worst enemy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/11/donald-trump-james-comey-firing-russia-investigation

edited March 20 #73

But because I research, I learned that a couple of days later Trump goes on NATIONAL FREAKING TV and says that he fired Comey over the "Russia thing". Had he **** and not said anything else, the reasons you gave above would be acceptable. But no, he couldn't do that... shut his mouth. Like I said, he is his own worst enemy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/11/donald-trump-james-comey-firing-russia-investigation

I completely agree. I cringe all the time when Trump tweets some BS. I too wish he would STHU.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
    Exactly. So like at the beginning of this thread, I was talking about all his tweeting and stuff about McCabe.... had Sessions just canned him last Friday and gave the official reasons, everything would have been cool. But with all the mouth, bullying, and chattering on Trump's part previously about McCabe, there is not much else to do but smell crap. It is hard to ignore the smell when he does this stuff.

I am truly puzzled why he does that stuff. I don't see much for him to gain and everything to lose because of it.
    Exactly. So like at the beginning of this thread, I was talking about all his tweeting and stuff about McCabe.... had Sessions just canned him last Friday and gave the official reasons, everything would have been cool. But with all the mouth, bullying, and chattering on Trump's part previously about McCabe, there is not much else to do but smell crap. It is hard to ignore the smell when he does this stuff.

I am truly puzzled why he does that stuff. I don't see much for him to gain and everything to lose because of it.
    I am wondering why he thinks criticizing Mueller is going to accomplish anything. Several smart legal and/or political minds on FOX news say he should stop it and let the investigation take its' course.
    I think he is doing it because he thinks it will create enough doubt in at least some people's minds that this whole thing is rigged against him and may allow him to squirm out of it. That seems to be his standard operating procedure-- he did it before the election, he did it during the primaries-- play the victim and lash out at the alleged unfairness.

But the problem now is that he is arguably the most powerful man in the world. It is kind of hard to be a believable victim now.
    I think he is doing it because he thinks it will create enough doubt in at least some people's minds that this whole thing is rigged against him and may allow him to squirm out of it. That seems to be his standard operating procedure-- he did it before the election, he did it during the primaries-- play the victim and lash out at the alleged unfairness.

But the problem now is that he is arguably the most powerful man in the world. It is kind of hard to be a believable victim now.
    True, but I think there's enough evidence of a conspiracy within the Obama Justice and State department to prevent Trumps' election and if that didn't work, then to unseat him from his presidency. He's a big boy alright, but there are massive forces working against him like never before.
    Don't get me wrong-- Both Clintons need to spend a long time in prison. And that crap with Bubba and Lynch at the airport needs to be investigated. I really really want to see Lois Lerner's head on a pike and those idiots behind Fast and Furious prosecuted. I am sure I could go on for quite a while....

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,550 Senior Member
    Don't get me wrong-- Both Clintons need to spend a long time in prison. And that crap with Bubba and Lynch at the airport needs to be investigated. I really really want to see Lois Lerner's head on a pike and those idiots behind Fast and Furious prosecuted. I am sure I could go on for quite a while....

It would be nice to see that 'liberty and JUSTICE for all' thing in the Pledge of Allegiance make an appearance. Been two tiers of justice for too long; one for them and one for the rest of us is getting really tiresome.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,998 Senior Member
    edited March 21 #80
    bisley said:
    One thing that is not speculation about why the IG waited till the last day to release a report to the OPR for action is that once an employee is terminated, the authority of the IG to question that employee no longer exists. I won't go into that further, as it would involve speculation.
    That does help explain the last minute nature of the termination. Thank you for this.
    I don't know, I kinda feel like numb nuts Sessions just coudn't make his mind up.
    until Trump whispered in his ear askiing him how he liked his job?

I really think if Sessions had balls it would never have come down to the wire. He would have done it a month or so ago. Actually, I think it was cruel to wait to the very end to do it. He was no doubt holding out hopes that he woudn't get fired. As much as I disdain he and Comey's behavior I don't like to see them play with anybody's livelyhood or feelings. That's BS!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,212 Senior Member
    John Dowd quit.👀👂
    John Dowd quit.👀👂
    Dowd wasn't as aggressive as Trump wanted him to be regarding his position on the legal team. Trump is in pit bull mode on the investigation and going after the other side of the legal mess, and Dowd was acting more like a worthless fuzzy lap dog. I'd say the truth is closer to that Trump fired him for nonperformance of his duty as Trump's attorney.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

I don't know what to think about Napolitano. What he says and his leanings seem to depend on who he's talking to. When he's on Shep's show he follows along with Shep, taking the libtard line. But when he is talking to Hannity, Tucker, or Judge Janine he takes a harsher conservative line. Watch him.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 said:

I don't know what to think about Napolitano. What he says and his leanings seem to depend on who he's talking to. When he's on Shep's show he follows along with Shep, taking the libtard line. But when he is talking to Hannity, Tucker, or Judge Janine he takes a harsher conservative line. Watch him.
    I won't watch Shtbird Smith because he nauseates me, so I miss those interviews with Napolitano.
    I haven't found anything Napolitano has said to be dishonest. He gives legal opinions when asked, and gives his own political opinions when asked. He knows Trump and supports him on a lot of things. But it doesn't mean he has lost all of his objectivity as a judge. Many legal issues can go multiple ways, depending on how they are argued and the composition of the jury, or personal opinions of the presiding judge. He's not a politician and he's not running for office or looking for work.
    Shep Smith's hour show on Fox should Never be construed as news when he is speaking. He's an editorialist with a decided Left slant.

tennmike said:
    Shep Smith's hour show on Fox should Never be construed as news when he is speaking. He's an editorialist with a decided Left slant.
    Big time, he pisses me off bad. I can't watch his show. I like Neal Cavuto who comes on right after Shep, but not Shep. He goes out of his way to gig Trump.

Again I don't give a crap what Kerry did. Kerry isn't my man. The idea that Democrats are bad does not excuse criminal behavior by the President of the United States. 

It may never be probable that the president explicitly fired the prosecutor on the Russian lawyer's biggest client and then ordered the justice department to settle for pennies on the dollar that's pretty shady minimum and a fairly direct quid pro quo likely. Trump's probably smart enough to not leave a direct trail. If he wasn't Muller probably would already have him in cuffs.

Straight from the Liberal/Democrat playbook. No evidence in sight, but a LOT of speculation with NOTHING, NOT ONE THING, to back up the accusations. Easy  to accuse, but when it comes to actual facts and acts that are illegal, you're falling way short here.

The other fun angle is deuche bank which was fined $600M for Russian money laundering by Obama and who also happened to bail Trump out with $300M in loans when no one else would during the financial crisis. Trump still owes them a ton of money. So does his son in law. Much of the money laundering was through NY real estate.

Again, got any direct evidence of malfeasance by Trump as to laundering money? Nope, just speculation. So he got a loan from Deutsche Bank. Are you implying that the loan was illegal, or that the money loaned may have been from laundered Russian funds? The loan was obviously NOT illegal and no one applying for a loan knows for sure where the loan money comes from. More of that guilt by association that has no basis in fact. And Russians AND Chinese are buying up lots of real estate in the U.S. Also buying up companies. China just bought a closed solar cell plant and is going into production and hiring Americans to work there and run it. Is that more Trump collusion? Your argument is so weak it's like the contents of a glass of water trying to stand up outside the glass.

Sure no fire anywhere YET, but so much smoke we're all going to die of smoke inhilation. All he has to do to eliminate the smoke is release his tax returns for the past decade. If there's nothing to hide then there's no reason to worry. No one without a ton to hide would use threats of lawsuits and non-disclosure agreements as agressively as he does. Eventually a lot of the truth will come out.

The only smoke visible is coming out of the ears of the Liberal/Democrat and RINO Congresscritters and FBI operatives because they have looked since before the election and still can't find anything. As to his tax returns, there is NO LAW that says that is necessary or required. They are still being audited because the IRS is just SOOOOOO efficient. As to the non-disclosure agreements and lawsuits, he has the RIGHT to protect his interests. The non-disclosure agreements are pretty much standard practice in a lot of business and industry positions to protect them from copyright, patent, and research material theft. YOU should know that, too.
    Kerry was involved, and you don't care that he let a Russian operative into the U.S.? Do you even know WHY she was initially denied entry? Look it up.

13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file