Damn Larry!!!!! His fault... new 10mm 😎

Wambli SkaWambli Ska ModeratorPosts: 25,029 Senior Member
Went out this morning to pick up one of the Kimbers.  But The Lord operates in misterious ways...  The dealer with the Kimbers has great pricing but he’s a small guy and apparently he only works through appointments.  This was my first time working with him and probably will be the last.  I had to chase him all day yesterday to even hear from him and after I made an appointment with him he never sent me the address to his place and it’s an hour away.  So this morning I headed to town figuring somehow I’ll get to him and I was so pissed 10 minutes before appointment time not having heard from him yet that I said screw him and headed to my favorite GS in town.

When the manager saw me he smiled since I hadn’t been there in a long while.  We caught up for a little bit and I asked what he had in 10mm 1911s.  He pulled this off the shelf, funny, someone had put it on layaway a few months back and never came back for it so he had just put it out again, and since he already had some cash on it he gave me a deal.

NIB Stainless Dan Wesson Razorback!!!  The same gun Larry suggested yesterday and I told him was out of my budget range. A short phone call with the wife and she upped the balance in the gas tank enough to cover the difference.  Did I mention how much I LOVE that girl?!?!?!?

So here it is and it’s definitely Larry’s fault...  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

This thing locks up like bank vault!  As tight as my WC and I think the trigger might be BETTER than my WC.  Probably about 3.5 but I don’t have a clue where my gauge is.  Hopefully I’ll have time tomorrow to get to the range.  I have to spend some time being nice to my gorgeous woman tonight...
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Comments

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,074 Senior Member
    Congrats...........I really like my DW Pointman 7. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,074 Senior Member
    I'm sure it will live up to its reputation and your expectations.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,029 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Congrats...........I really like my DW Pointman 7. 
    Now I know why!  This is my first DW 1911.  Color me impressed! 
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,304 Senior Member
    Great find.  And before I forget.  I HATE YOU!
    But were still OK, if you let me shoot it.
    I will have the SS Blackhawk you can play with too.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • shooter10mmshooter10mm Member Posts: 198 Member
    edited March 24 #6
    Nice piece!!  I have that same pointman and the Valor in Black and they are cream puffs to shoot!!
    They had a gun called the Razor 10 but I've never seen one to know whats different?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!"
    "As long as there's Lead in the air there's hope!
    " -- Ralph Adkinson(Daddy) The original Marlboro Man
    Diver43 said:
    Great find.  And before I forget.  I HATE YOU!
    But were still OK, if you let me shoot it.
    I will have the SS Blackhawk you can play with too.
    Deal!  I play with yours and you play with mine 🤣

Nice piece!!  I have that same pointman and the Valor in Black and they are cream puffs to shoot!!
    Haven’t hear one bad comment about DW from any owners, that’s for sure!  Thanks!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,139 Senior Member
    Amazing grab my friend! It was designed to be......🤩
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,551 Senior Member
    Meh...
    Overkill is underrated.
    Elk creek said:
    Amazing grab my friend! It was designed to be......🤩
    That’s what I’m thinking! 😎

Meh...
    Stop being so emotional 🤓
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,652 Senior Member
    One of THE cleanest looking 1911s on the market. They don't look like an abused crack baby had their way with crayons on the slide like most every other maker. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 444 Member
    Oooh! That shines!
    Bet you wish you had a ventilated basement range⏳
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,156 Senior Member
    Glad you were able to get that, hermano.  Tool steel parts, outstanding fitting, and a consistent 3.5lb trigger according to my gauge. Best 1911 in my safe, including my TRP and my Hatfield CCO. 

I did end up tweaking mine a bit, with a Harrison tritium front sight and VZ Ragnarok grips. 
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,304 Senior Member
    Don't forget to stop by the flower store on the way home
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,345 Senior Member
    You've been very patient on the 10mm gun. Glad it paid off 
    Go make some noise.
  • shooter10mmshooter10mm Member Posts: 198 Member

Haven’t hear one bad comment about DW from any owners, that’s for sure!  Thanks!
    Man we had a guy hear when it was G&A way back that was a Dan Wesson fan and he's the reason I tried the pointman to begin with....Who was that guy???
    "You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!"
    "As long as there's Lead in the air there's hope!
    " -- Ralph Adkinson(Daddy) The original Marlboro Man
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,918 Senior Member
    Very nice, Looks like a good find.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    Good choice. I'd like to mess around with one of those tricked out RIAs but doubt they would hold value like the DW. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,347 Senior Member
    Niiiiice. VERY nice indeed!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    cpj said:
    One of THE cleanest looking 1911s on the market. They don't look like an abused crack baby had their way with crayons on the slide like most every other maker. 
    I truly just laughed out loud!  🤣

Oooh! That shines!
    I’d settle for ANY basement.  Builders down south don’t believe in them.  I do miss the days when I could get back from the gun store and start blazing away right from my own back porch.  It’ll happen again.  I need to be patient...
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,557 Senior Member
    I know the emoji doesn't work any more..
    HOWEVER.....

:YOUSUCK:

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,139 Senior Member

Oooh! That shines!
    I’d settle for ANY basement.  Builders down south don’t believe in them.  I do miss the days when I could get back from the gun store and start blazing away right from my own back porch.  It’ll happen again.  I need to be patient...
    Out west!🤠
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,594 Senior Member
    Your comment will appear after it is approved
    My new Signature
    LMLarsen said:
    Glad you were able to get that, hermano.  Tool steel parts, outstanding fitting, and a consistent 3.5lb trigger according to my gauge. Best 1911 in my safe, including my TRP and my Hatfield CCO. 

I did end up tweaking mine a bit, with a Harrison tritium front sight and VZ Ragnarok grips. 
    It does need tritium sights and I’m ordering slim grips for it tonight.  I just can’t deal with standard 1911 grips anymore.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,347 Senior Member
    They don't put basements in homes in California either, I've only ever been in exactly one there. Of course, Florida would be next to impossible, either the basement would be flooded continuously or the house would float up! Lots of them in the mid west though - I've always wanted one and a basement range extended with some buried culvert would be sweet indeed!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper

Diver43 said:
    Don't forget to stop by the flower store on the way home
    Actually I had to rush home to put together this huge closet piece of furniture she ordered and I did not realize it was coming in 10 separate boxes.  She’s getting her pound of flesh from me tonight.  I JUST finished and I’m never building another one of these things ever again!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,594 Senior Member

My new Signature

Weatherby said:
    You've been very patient on the 10mm gun. Glad it paid off 
    Go make some noise.
    It was a long road but it had the right ending!  Tomorrow I will TRY to sneak out for 1/2 hour MAYBE.  Have to take care of my FIL, he’s not doing great and mom needs to do some running around.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file