Wow - where did everybody go?

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 9,677 Senior Member
Six members and no guests online. This new forum 'upgrade' has really taken a toll.

Comments

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 499 Member
    Wednesday morning, first week of the month. Folks are busy is all. I'd be busy too if I had a life.😘
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,005 Senior Member
    I discovered that I had been logged out this morning.  I usually stay logged in all the time.  Maybe the same happened to other members.  That might explain the lack of logged on members.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,555 Senior Member
    Remain calm!  All is well!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 5,967 Senior Member
    Remain calm!

All is well!

cjp wrote: »

..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »

...But seriously Shush....

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,302 Senior Member
    edited April 4 #6
    I have noticed a distinct lack of traffic here with the changes. Sometimes the Politics forum goes a couple of days without any new posts or comments. I know I don't post as much, and probably due to the lack of things to reply to. Although there are a few improvements to this forum, it's not as user friendly and I don't enjoy the experience as much as I used to.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,640 Senior Member
    I have noticed a distinct lake of traffic here with the changes. Sometimes the Politics forum goes a couple of days without any new posts or comments. I know I don't post as much, and probably due to the lack of things to reply to. Although there are a few improvements to this forum, it's not as user friendly and I don't enjoy the experience as much as I used to.
    I agree that visiting the forum under this new format isn't as satisfying as the old, familiar format... but I suspect that the "New" isn't intended to please guys like you and me.  Let's face it, we're not going to be here forever.  New blood has to be the target.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,127 Senior Member
    I haven't been here long so I really don't see the changes .........I still babble on & on.
    Most days it is just typing things to do gets my butt off the chair & actually do it.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,648 Senior Member
    The lakes should be warming up soon----we could go fishing.
    My new Signature
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 518 Senior Member
    NN said:
    The lakes should be warming up soon----we could go fishing.

I will be going fishing Saturday, and I didn't even have to wait for the water to warm up.  Going to do some brackish water fishing around Ponce Inlet.  Just need to do some minor maintenance on the boat first.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,967 Senior Member
    I've posted on another thread that I had joined this forum because there was more traffic here than on other gun forums that I frequent but that came to a screetching. halt when the forum was "updated".
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,766 Senior Member
    Spring is here. It will pick up again in the fall. Another thing with this new forum-- the members and lurkers that are showed as online are in real time. The previous forum showed anyone that was here over the previous 30 minutes as online. The numbers you see are different because of that.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I don't get on much during the day because I have to use my phone. Before I can click on a category a pop up comes up. If they are trying to get younger new members this issue needs fixing. Most young folks use there phones and if theirs does them the way mine does me, I'm sure they just leave. Sometimes I leave and sometimes I just keep closing the ads.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,095 Senior Member
    I’ve been busy... 😁
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 928 Senior Member
    edited April 5 #15
    I was busy picking up two PSA lowers to stash away.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,922 Senior Member
    I come on about as often as ever, just have not had that many problems and my phone works fine but only use it a little for the forum. I haven't had the popup problem.
    I go on a couple other forums and they have a similar format.
    bisley said:
    Six members and no guests online. This new forum 'upgrade' has really taken a toll.

Nobody on this morning, not even me.

..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

• ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 298 Member
    I don't come as often - I find this new setup distinctly more difficult and distracting.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,180 Senior Member
    edited April 6 #19
    Many went to take a dump and the hogs ate them, I reckon.

Pooping In The Woods animated emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,527 Senior Member
    I cant log on with my phone.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford said:
    I cant log on with my phone.

Upgrade time methinks.

• Oldman11Oldman11 New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    You made me log in,I just been looking and not logging in.
  • philo426philo426 Member Posts: 299 Member
    Well let's face it the changes were made for financial reasons and the new forum is several steps down from what it used to be.Washed out and amateurish,hope thry can fix it.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,380 Senior Member
    edited April 6 #24
    philo426 said:
    ...Washed out and amateurish...
    The entire industry is moving in this direction - EVERYTHING looks washed out and amateurish. If Microsoft or Apple do something - stupid or good - the lemmings will follow them right over the cliff EVERY TIME!

With all that said, other than the missing emojis and a couple of continuing bugs, I have little problem with it. Unfortunately, "washed out" also means GLARING white backgrounds, but I've been having to deal with the latter for several decades now. Yet another bastardization of standard technique that has been promulgated by the lemming PC industry.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,976 Senior Member
    philo426 said:
    Well let's face it the changes were made for financial reasons and the new forum is several steps down from what it used to be.Washed out and amateurish,hope thry can fix it.
    What financial reasons? 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 282 Member
    philo426 said:
    What financial reasons? 
    I could almost guarantee that this iteration is much cheaper to host compared to the last.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,334 Senior Member

The platform that the "old" forum was on was, well, old.

The current platform is being utilized by many different forums/boards, and seems to be the going thing.

Better/worse it is what we have at the cost of nothing to us. 

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,127 Senior Member
    I am just happy to have a forum to go to & talk with people with same interests. I also have learned a lot here too. If there are changes made for what ever reason .......I will deal with it & keep being thankful for the people I have met here.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,334 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    I am just happy to have a forum to go to & talk with people with same interests. I also have learned a lot here too. If there are changes made for what ever reason .......I will deal with it & keep being thankful for the people I have met here.

now where did that beer emoji go?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,677 Senior Member
    The old forum interface was not that great. This one could be much better, if they would finish it. Experience would indicate that they won't. I guess that we should just be grateful that they didn't just turn it off, and walk away with no explanation.
    edited April 6 #31
    bisley said:
    ............................................. turn it off, and walk away with no explanation.

"Heard it on..................................."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file