Apparently the Parkland Students were never taught about Irony...

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 7,792 Senior Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/parkland-students-protest-clear-backpacks-193326409.html

I feel like someone posted something about this before, but I can't find it so here we go. Parkland Students complaining that their rights are being violated by useless measures implemented in the name of safety....
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Comments

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,669 Senior Member
    I don't care.

I feel very sorry for the victims and their families, and for those who were traumatized by the experience. But, that only goes so far. It's time for them to quit commiserating with one another and start thinking clearly, if they actually do want to do something that will help prevent similar events in the future. They are children, so they get a pass for their silliness, so far.

But, I've had my fill of it.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 481 Member
    If it saves just one life.......🐏
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,540 Senior Member
    I have searched the Bill of Rights extensively and the First Amendment in particular....I find no mention of backpacks anywhere....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,553 Senior Member
    Why is it a First Amendment issue?  Wouldn't it be the Fourth?
    Overkill is underrated.
    Why is it a First Amendment issue?  Wouldn't it be the Fourth?
    Because the Hogg kid said that clear backpacks violate his First Amendnent Rights.....must be true because he's obviously a Constitutional scholar...
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,553 Senior Member
    Look, we have folks on this forum who think a .270 is deadly on deer and hogs and we don't play to their delusional fantasies, why should we play along with Hogg?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,298 Senior Member
    I felt sympathetic until they went media berserk. Now they just piss me off with their whiny bitching all the time, and they're supposed to be the experts on how to use a democracy. Their attitude and rhetoric reminds me more of The Third Reich.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,580 Senior Member
    Sorry, but my "give a damn" is broken in regards to them.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Yeah...I have examined my field of give a craps and found it barren.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,324 Senior Member

I live here, between local news and national news they have been on tv night and day.

We have heard their ranting and raving constantly and most, even some for more gun control are tired of them.

Of course the media and political hacks think it is going to take them far in the gun grabbing agenda, but most people have said, enough is enough.

A group of Ft Lauderdale City Commissioners attempted to end the contract for Florida Gun Shows in the War Memorial Auditorium.  There was such a turn out against stopping the gun show that they have changed their minds and even giving thought to better and larger locations for it in the future. 

Nobody cussed, or yelled, or even threatened to vote them out of office, well my letter hinted at there being more people against that decision than for and it effecting next election. But, for now they have back down and the gun show in Ft Lauderdale will continue.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,496 Senior Member
    Regarding the little Hogglidite and his pitching a hissy fit over the backpacks, I don't give a fornication. I don't have a bucket of fornications to just pass out willy-nilly. And he keeps talking about us old folk not knowing how to run a democracy. If that little anus chapeau had ever said the pledge of allegiance, then he'd know that the U.S. government is NOT a democracy. He's an ignorant little fool that is full of himself (an something found in a septic tank) over his media attention. Those clear backpacks are nothing new; lots of schools in TN have been using them for over a decade because the little snot nosed miscreants among them were carrying weapons and other prohibited things in them. He can go pound sand. He's nothing but a media whore out to get famous with his way over 15 minutes.

The people I feel sympathy for are the families of the kids who were shot and killed or wounded, and the kids that saw all that happening. There were some real heroes in that mess; the coach and the two ROTC kids that held the doors open to help others escape and got shot. No media coverage worth mentioning over that. They are the ones that deserve and need our help dealing with that mess.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,757 Senior Member
    I said and done stupid things when i was a teenager myself so I can't hold it against them. Fortunately for me, I didn't do it in the age of social media and in front of the whole country.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,621 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    I don't care.

I feel very sorry for the victims and their families, and for those who were traumatized by the experience. But, that only goes so far. It's time for them to quit commiserating with one another and start thinking clearly, if they actually do want to do something that will help prevent similar events in the future. They are children, so they get a pass for their silliness, so far.

But, I've had my fill of it.

I held my tongue  so to speak until you posted this.

I too am sorry for those families; but, did get some on the upset side of the fence when that girl said nobody knows
    how they and the families feel unless you'd been there.........

How does she think military families feel for a year at a time with their loved ones in a war zone.
    Especially in the past when there was only snail mail for commination and our illustrious press had in on TV
    every night. 

Well, I give her a pass, now, because it was a traumatic life event that for some never goes away.
    My new Signature
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,703 Senior Member
    I'm sick of their little ignorant, arrogant, mislead, uneducated, indoctrinated little asses! They don't have a clue and they don't have any idea how to make themselves safe. An armed presence has been shown to work, but they and the left ignore that. All they can do is scream gun control. If they're so smart how come they never think of places like Chicago? That place has got a book full of restrictive gun laws, restricting nobody but the law abiding, and it's one of the most dangerous places on the planet! Explain that one!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 4,959 Senior Member
    To my understanding that Hogg kid wasn't even at school on the day that happened and he keeps getting referred to as a "survivor".I would say that anyone in the world that wasn't there during that shooting could be called a "survivor" to Hogg's equivalent.

snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,176 Senior Member
    Boo freakin’ hoo ... 

They didn’t mind stomping all over gun owner’s right in the name of “saving students lives” but when something that actually adds to school security is implemented they don’t like the whining begins.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    The kid gets on my nerves too, but we got to be careful with the truth. It doesn't do our side any favors...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/david-hogg-on-campus-rumor-hoax/

Snopes has turned into a BS site.

I heard and watched the interview. He said something very close to:  When I heard of the shooting on the TV, I got on my bike and road to the school as fast as I could to take pictures and do interviews.  A day or two later he said he was in the school and ran from the gunman.  Within minutes people asked what he was doing in the freshman building
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,176 Senior Member
    MSM (now meaning Main Sewer Media) will protect the puppet boy as hard as they can. They will cherry pick snippets and play misdirection slight of hand until someone actually gets the cojones to put him in the hot seat and play that original “I got on my bike and ...” interview and pin him down. After that they need to put the Bald Weasel in the seat and go over her story how she picked on Cruz the year prior ... 
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    This intentional ignorance is getting really old guys. Why the hell do I even post here? 

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2018/03/28/mistake.-wrong.-im-sorry./

edited April 5 #22

This intentional ignorance is getting really old guys. Why the hell do I even post here? 

Because folks want to believe right wing BS even though it smells just like left wing BS.....
    It takes minutes to determine the veracity of a claim but it's easier to just feign outrage and pass it on...
    edited April 5 #24

You post here because somebody has to set the record straight. The public-at-large does not want to take the time and expend the mental energy to master the subject matter, in order to have their opinions have more credibility. Obviously, we cannot solve a problem until the problem has been identified, and all of the irrelevancies that are injected by reactionaries merely cloud the issues and make it easier for the propagandists to exploit the ignorant masses.

A person has to be a problem-solving wizard to pick through all of the bait and switch comments and straw man arguments that spring up from any developing news story. Each moment of patience that a person can expend, while waiting for a developing story to produce some actual facts, yields great benefits in maintaining some credibility on the subject matter.

I commend you for your efforts to sniff out the facts, because it often inspires others to do the same, myself included.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,278 Senior Member
    It does not matter to me whether David Hogg was present for the shooting. He gives me the impression of someone fast tracking a political career which renders his credibility with me far into negative numbers.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,278 Senior Member
    It does not matter to me whether David Hogg was present for the shooting. He gives me the impression of someone fast tracking a political career which renders his credibility with me far into negative numbers.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,792 Senior Member
    bisley said:

You post here because somebody has to set the record straight. The public-at-large does not want to take the time and expend the mental energy to master the subject matter, in order to have their opinions have more credibility. Obviously, we cannot solve a problem until the problem has been identified, and all of the irrelevancies that are injected by reactionaries merely cloud the issues and make it easier for the propagandists to exploit the ignorant masses.

A person has to be a problem-solving wizard to pick through all of the bait and switch comments and straw man arguments that spring up from any developing news story. Each moment of patience that a person can expend, while waiting for a developing story to produce some actual facts, yields great benefits in maintaining some credibility on the subject matter.

I commend you for your efforts to sniff out the facts, because it often inspires others to do the same, myself included.
    Well said. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

I am at the point that I believe none of it.

The wife and I watched the interviews, first I heard when he said he rode his bike as fast as he could to the school.

Not back to the school.   A few days later watching the news again he said he was at the school. 

Fast forward to March 28th and someone says whoops I was wrong? 

The old-timers that attempted to teach me common sense always said, "Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.'

I understood the point they were making, but I always thought that they were going a little bit overboard. Now...not so much. When journalists stop investigating objectively, it impacts those busy people who depend on them to understand the complicated things for them, so that they don't have to take time out from the the things they want to participate in, to pay attention to the things that they need to keep an eye on.

These days, one really cannot trust very many people to gather the facts and present them without bias. A person must gather a lot of news and then pick through the trash to find an occasional pearl of truth. Maybe it was always this way, and we didn't notice it because the bias was more subtle. I remember how disappointed a lot of people were when Walter Cronkite started editorializing, instead of doing the straight news reporting that he had made his reputation with.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 481 Member
    I've already started teaching my son about bias on tv news and that just because something being said is agreeable with your beliefs don't make it so.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file