Muddy Girl gun finish?

SIGgalSIGgal Senior MemberPosts: 1,582 Senior Member
I saw a Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22 online that I would like to buy, but not sure of the finish. It is called Muddy Girl, and from the pic's looks really neat, kinda like Navy BDU uniforms or the blue and black camouflage. Has anyone seen this finish first hand? The rifle comes with a 25 round magazine which is no good here, and my dealer is confirming it is NJ compliant before he orders it for me. MSRP is $449.00 which I thought was a little high. 

"Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

Comments

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,371 Senior Member
    Meh, you will have a tough time finding shoes and a purse to match;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,180 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,582 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Maybe, but I will accept the challenge :)
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,380 Senior Member
    Wife has a Muddy Girl range bag.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,371 Senior Member
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,708 Senior Member
    That almost looks like one the camo patterns they put on ships in WWII. If a ship had that camo pattern you couldn't tell which way it was going.

i
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,139 Senior Member
    You can have any gun hydro-dipped with just about any pattern. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,127 Senior Member
    Have you ever tried that hydro-dip elk ?
    I saw that done on a video & it looked interesting . ( tricky but interesting )

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,308 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Maybe, but I will accept the challenge :)
    Have a look here....   https://shop.moonshinecamo.com/accessories/?page=5&sort=alphaasc

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    They come in red, pink, orange and green camo.  They sell 10 round mags or pinned 25 round that only hold 10.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,095 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    I saw a Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22 online that I would like to buy, but not sure of the finish. It is called Muddy Girl, and from the pic's looks really neat, kinda like Navy BDU uniforms or the blue and black camouflage. Has anyone seen this finish first hand? The rifle comes with a 25 round magazine which is no good here, and my dealer is confirming it is NJ compliant before he orders it for me. MSRP is $449.00 which I thought was a little high. 

I like it!  If it puts a smile on your face when you shoot, that's all that matters!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 518 Senior Member

I have not seen one in that color, but I have handled one like this that I was thinking about getting my daughter and it was very nice.

SIGgal said:

Make sure you are getting the Sport II, it has better furniture.  The original has a quad rail that's not very comfortable without alteration.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,334 Senior Member
    I was going to mention what BAMAAK said, the rails really are different.
    Its a .22. 22s are fun, so have fun with it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,648 Senior Member
    Smoke arineo  ------ that is worse that a sailor in a utility uniform
    My new Signature

I have not seen one in that color, but I have handled one like this that I was thinking about getting my daughter and it was very nice.

OMG OMG OMG they have it in pink? I like that way more!
    SIGgal said:

I like it!  If it puts a smile on your face when you shoot, that's all that matters!

I liked it a lot! I was going to order it Saturday, but now I know they come in pink, that's what I am going to get instead. 
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,471 Senior Member
    $449 !!! Outrageous. Forget it. That amount will get you a real, center-fire, .223 AR15, not just a .22. 

Here's what a M&P 15-22 really costs:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/764804842 (some listings are even less)

horselips said:
    $449 !!! Outrageous. Forget it. That amount will get you a real, center-fire, .223 AR15, not just a .22. 

She has her mind made up ......it will be pink & **** the cost ! lol
    I think I paid 330 for my sport II when they first came out.  My first gen was like 300 but I have around 500 more in it.

Old Ron said:
    horselips said:

She has her mind made up ......it will be pink & **** the cost ! lol

That's right Ron lol. I always get what I want :)
    When I was married I couldn't drag my treasures home but she could have anything she wanted. Every day I am so happy she is gone !
    Not like that here lol. Jason can have all the toys he wants as long as our bills are paid first..... same rules apply for me as well. 

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,174 Senior Member
    Buy it....make yourself happy...life is short!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,095 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    Not like that here lol. Jason can have all the toys he wants as long as our bills are paid first..... same rules apply for me as well. 

It's the only way to keep marital harmony.  Every time you ask, "What do you need THAT for?" Cupid gets a black eye...  Besides men and women are different species so the best thing you can do for a relationship is to stop trying to understand how the other one thinks and only give opinions when asked, and even when asked the correct answer is always "If it makes you happy it's Ok with me."
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file