It's Friday the 13th

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 30,074 Senior Member
Are you superstitious?

Only thing I remember is running PT on Fort Stewart on those big wide sidewalks in formation and me and a buddy were saying do you believe anything bad can happen on Friday the 13th..........I said naw and then I tripped on a wide crack and cut both knees and had to go to the aid station and get debris plucked out with tweezers and doctored up little.

I ain't superstitious, but don't push my luck either! 
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Comments

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,072 Senior Member
    Same here chief........if it can't be proved one way or another I tend to duck those things.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,074 Senior Member
    edited April 13 #3
    The Witch in a Pantsuit should be flying high today!

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,347 Senior Member
    I have no problems with Friday the 13, but plenty of problems with the afore mentioned Mercury Retrograde, which is still with us until this Sunday (then there's a shoulder period).
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,332 Senior Member
    .It is, and I'm not superstitious because it's bad luck to be superstitious.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Big Chief said:
    The Witch in a Pantsuit should be flying high today!

That picture is an insult to real witches everywhere!

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 5,924 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    .It is, and I'm not superstitious because it's bad luck to be superstitious.

Superstitious?

Just toss a pinch of salt over your left shoulder, into the face of the devil who lurks there; you will be fine.

Witches don't like it either.

cjp wrote: »

..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »

...But seriously Shush....

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 923 Senior Member
    My 4 y/o son was born on Friday the Thirteenth.  So, I am very scared of the holiday.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,029 Senior Member
    Lamson knife  B)
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member

Nope. Don't believe in Friday the 13th being unlucky. I can't remember anything that happened to me on a Friday the 13th that was either good or bad. July 2nd leaves a bad taste in my mouth, though. That was the day I got married; nothing good came of that!!!!!! :#
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

tennmike said:

Nope. Don't believe in Friday the 13th being unlucky. I can't remember anything that happened to me on a Friday the 13th that was either good or bad. July 2nd leaves a bad taste in my mouth, though. That was the day I got married; nothing good came of that!!!!!! :#

..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

edited April 13 #12
    What in the Sam Hill is a Mercury Retrograde? I don't wear cosmetics, know much about the Cosmos or star gaze.  Or play cards wiff funny pics on them either.
    edited April 13 #13
    Big Chief said:
    What in the Sam Hill is a Mercury Retrograde? I don't wear cosmetics, know much about the Cosmos or star gaze.  Or play cards wiff funny pics on them either.

The planet Mercury rules communication, travel, contracts, automobiles, and such. So, when Mercury is retrograde, remain flexible, allow time for extra travel, and avoid signing contracts. Review projects and plans at these times, but wait until Mercury is direct again to make any final decisions.

About a week or two before Mercury retrogrades, finish any tasks or projects at hand. You can’t stop your life, but plan ahead, have back-up plans, and be prepared for angrier people and miscommunication.

Forsooth.

What It Means That Khloé Kardashian Had Her Baby During Mercury Retrograde

http://www.refinery29.uk/2018/04/196374/khloe-kardashian-baby-girl-sign-mercury-retrograde

We'll have to wait and see how this baby girl's personality takes shape, but, if her astrological profile is any indication, Keeping Up With The Kardashians: The Next Generation just found its wild card.
    Who'd a thunk it?

for·sooth
    [fawr- sooth]
    ADVERB [ARCHAIC.]
    (now used in derision or to express disbelief) in truth; in fact; indeed.

Big Chief said:
    for·sooth
    [fawr- sooth]
    ADVERB [ARCHAIC.]
    (now used in derision or to express disbelief) in truth; in fact; indeed.

Indeed!

I never paid much heed to astrology stuff, but when I started paying attention to Mercury Retrograde, it made a believer outta me! A communications SNAFU happened regarding that sewing machine I bought in North Carolina as a for instance.

Well bury a penny in yer backyard under the next full moon..........or is that to get rid of warts?
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 5,998 Senior Member
    Nobody has to tell me what day it is.  I got my tax return back from the CPA we use.  It was very unlucky to say the least.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Big Chief said:
    Well bury a penny in yer backyard under the next full moon..........or is that to get rid of warts?
    Aren't you supposed to do that naked?

Nobody has to tell me what day it is.  I got my tax return back from the CPA we use.  It was very unlucky to say the least.
    I feel yer pain, really do...........after paying in over 4 grand a couple weeks ago........it ain't right I tell ya, me being on a fixed R&R income and all........................
    zorba said:
    Big Chief said:
    Aren't you supposed to do that naked?
    Only in La La Land..............
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,594 Senior Member
    Was a good day-----didn't realize it was the 13th.
    My new Signature
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 444 Member
    The end is near.👀
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,577 Senior Member
    Not superstitious, but I do have this big creepy guy named Jason who is lurking round killing beer cans.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member
    Here ya go, Big Chief. This happens several times during the year. Planetary motion is just physics at work.

https://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/what-does-mercury-retrograde-mean

A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file