Is this the cutest ever!!!

Wambli SkaWambli Ska ModeratorPosts: 25,105 Senior Member
A Tactical Cricket .22!!!

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Comments

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    facepalm smiley
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,717 Senior Member
    I've seen one similar, more of a chassis style though. Think it was a Henry maybe. 
    Off to google 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 505 Senior Member
    Will the stock fit my Chipmunk???

Tacticool baby!😎

This is what I was thinking off. Cricket as well. 
    Reasonably sure Henry has one too. 
    Zee
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,105 Senior Member
    That's freaking awesome!   A mini AI!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    That's freaking awesome!   A mini AI!
    Yes, it is. Cute as hell. I remember now , I saw a similar Henry (who makes the superior youth rifle) that was done up like the cricket. Home built job. Looked factory though. 
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,201 Senior Member
    Chirp Chirp.................do I hear Crickets?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,879 Senior Member
    I dig it. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,564 Senior Member
    A Tactical Cricket .22!!!

Yeah. Might be O.K. to use for the little folk while they learn to shoot. The ability to lengthen length of pull would definitely make it more usable longer. Too danged light for accurate shooting except off a bench 'n' rest, though. GET THEM YOUNG'UNS HOOKED ON TACTICOOL EARLY! :D
    cpj said:

This is what I was thinking off. Cricket as well. 
    Reasonably sure Henry has one too. 
    Cricket Presision Rifle: CPR...................I'd need to have some CPR if I paid THAT MUCH  for a tiny little single shot .22 rifle! :#
    Tactical bumble bee hunt? Scratching Head animated emoticon
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,607 Senior Member
    Being a 22LR, at least it won't be a "Noisy Cricket"

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,341 Senior Member
    It's an abomination.  A kid shouldn't be subjected to such a non-traditional weapon in a traditional sport.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,600 Senior Member
    You know, that thing flies in the face of the Jurassic Park maxim (Because you CAN doesn't mean that you SHOULD) by just the right amount. . . I think it's very possible that you actually SHOULD.   :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Gene L said:
    It's an abomination.  A kid shouldn't be subjected to such a non-traditional weapon in a traditional sport.
    Annnnnnndddddd... everyone will be glad when that attitude dies  out. 
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,564 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Being a 22LR, at least it won't be a "Noisy Cricket"

I WANT one of those! Dripping saliva emoticon
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

cpj said:
    Gene L said:
    Making a young mall ninja.  A tactical kid.  Congratulations.  My grandkids will begin serious shooting with a real gun, not a Leggos gun.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 2,965 Senior Member
    You know I have no love myself for that style but I can see that being a real attention getter for a young shooter.
    So much so that if I find one locally I might find myself putting one away for a future grandchild.

Sako
    edited April 14 #18
    Gene L said:
    cpj said:
    Gene L said:
    Making a young mall ninja.  A tactical kid.  Congratulations.  My grandkids will begin serious shooting with a real gun, not a Leggos gun.
    Oh. I guess since it doesn't look the way YOUR old ass thinks it should look, it's a Lego gun. And since it doesn't look the way your old ass thinks it should look, it's not a real, serious  gun. 
    Like  I said. When dumbass ideas like yours die out, we will be better off, and bring more shooters into the fold. You may not realize this, but guns that are made of walnut and blue steel aren't the only thing going these days. Not to mention not as popular with younger folks.  
    But, at least we will have your grandkids to carry on tradition. 
    Zee
    Very disrespectful for my old ass.  I fall back on my young days with a walnut and steel, single shot rifle and the smell of .22 smoke on a cold January morning.  No need then or now for a rail on the fore end for what?  A flashlight?  Once an advantage to a Lego rifle is established, I may change my mind, but for me, a Remington single shot or a Martini (my grandkids rifle) is much preferred.   They have SOUL.  This abomination is lacking in soul, but then so are most tactical rifles for those who are not tactical.  They're masturbatory.  A 10-year-old (IMO) doesn't need to be tactical, he needs to be a shooter.  If he decides to be tactical, that his/her decision at a later age, not a plastic rifle for one of that age.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Added: "Cute???"  Do we need "cute" rifles in order to disengage the role of rifles in our society?  I don't think so.  I don't want, and don't own, a cute rifle.  If you do, you have my sympathy.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 505 Senior Member
    You guys realize these stocks are a way to covertly steal your child's rifle right?

The rail is there for mounting a bipod. Which along with scopes on a kids first gun I'm sure you're morally opposed.  You know, because they don't "need" either thing. Because you didn't need them. 
    Zee
    A bipod is necessary for squirrel hunting or rabbit hunting?  We're raising a bunch of kids to shoot at paper from a range.   Are we raising a bunch of wimps?  It's your call.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    What ever happened to open sight shooting instead of scopes and MOA without one. 
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene L said:
    A bipod is necessary for squirrel hunting or rabbit hunting?  We're raising a bunch of kids to shoot at paper from a range.   Are we raising a bunch of wimps?  It's your call.
    No. But it's pretty handy for teaching a kid to shoot. Funny, my  daughter started deer hunting at 8, got her first deer at 8, and has since shot 2 more. All have been on her. And she used.....a rest. A shooting stick! Dear God the horror! 
    Oh. She learned to shoot from a bench, and or a bipod. And she used a red dot sight and scope. Pretty terrible, I guess.  
    But here's the deal. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine. I think you're a stubborn ass, and you think I'm an ass hole. Works for me. 👍
    Zee
    Yes, but was it a "cute" rifle?
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    And funny enough, I've seen a good number of grownass men who "learned the right way", on classics with open sights, who never used a rest because real men don't need one, miss the hell out of some deer. 

Zee
    And?  But a Cricket is not a deer rifle.  Is there anything wrong with learning the basics on an open sight?
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene L said:
    And?  But a Cricket is not a deer rifle.  Is there anything wrong with learning the basics on an open sight?
    Is there anything wrong with learning with a red dot sight? A scope? 
    Zee
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    happy pillow fight games smiley            popcorn emoticon
    cpj said:
    Gene L said:
    Is there anything wrong with learning with a red dot sight? A sco
    Yes.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file