New Tru-Oil label.

FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior MemberPosts: 4,954 Senior Member
I just picked up a new bottle of Tru-Oil today and on the back of the bottle in large letters was printed "NOT FOR SALE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA". What's up with that? My previous bottle didn't have that printed on it.
snake284 wrote: »
For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Comments

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 2,962 Senior Member
    Probably has something in it that is known to cause free thought.

Sako
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,350 Senior Member
    Probably not allowed in CA because a Condor might chug a can of it and have thin egg shells as a result.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,347 Senior Member
    There was quite the kerfuffle about it at one time as I recall. I think it has to do with the California prop 65 warning label nonsense - no longer sure. I was able to get a my bottle from Amazon when I was in Ca.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member
    EVERYTHING indigenous or imported into California causes cancer. Or so their LSD soaked scientists say..................................
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

tennmike said:
    EVERYTHING indigenous or imported into California causes cancer. Or so their LSD soaked scientists say..................................
    Ya know, at the time of its inception, Prop 65 seemed like a good idea. Heck, I might have even voted for it, don't remember. But it has become completely meaningless as EVERYTHING supposedly causes cancer. I saw a prop 65 warning label on a "4 square" electrical box here in Florida! Somebody tell me what's cancer causing about a zinc plated metal box?

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    tennmike said:
    Ya know, at the time of its inception, Prop 65 seemed like a good idea. Heck, I might have even voted for it, don't remember. But it has become completely meaningless as EVERYTHING supposedly causes cancer. I saw a prop 65 warning label on a "4 square" electrical box here in Florida! Somebody tell me what's cancer causing about a zinc plated metal box?

Zinc is needed by the body in small quantities for some biological functions, but high concentrations are bad. And you just KNOW that there are people all over the U.S. that lick those things for whatever reason their tiny two cell brains come up with after smoking meth. People that don't know better, and don't bother to learn, weld zinc plated stuff, and that smoke off the zinc plating is really bad. Kids are eating Tide detergent pods, snorting condoms up their nose and coughing the end out of their mouths, putting their forearms on red hot stove elements, and other goofy stuff, and paint huffing has been around for decades. California should just label everything with a label that says, "Birth is the leading cause of death across the planet." At least then the labeling would be based on actual known fact.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

tennmike said:
    snorting condoms up their nose and coughing the end out of their mouths, putting their forearms on red hot stove elements...
    As for the first, I've heard of certain talented hookers that, uh, never mind...

As for the second, it has to be a cast iron cauldron with a dragon design on the sides - everybody knows that!

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,685 Senior Member
    I just picked up a new bottle of Tru-Oil today and on the back of the bottle in large letters was printed "NOT FOR SALE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA". What's up with that? My previous bottle didn't have that printed on it.
    Yeah, I bought a 3 oz bottle the other day before my Permalyn came in. It had that on it too. But I have a bottle of the old stuff I found after I went and bought a bottle and it's probably 20 years old. It's a pint bottle or rather 16 oz. It has no such warning. Imagine that! I guess back then we had enough sense not to drink the stuff or lick it off our fingers after applying it. The world's changing I guess.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 271 Member
    I’m all for a dramatic drop in the world population. Especially self inflicted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file