Hickok

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 20,708 Senior Member
edited April 16 in General Firearms #1
I want to thank whoever put the link up leading to Hickok and his son John shooting the Mossberg Shockwave (edited to Add: OK I see, it was BC, thanks BC). No I'm not rushing out and ordering me a shockwave, not yet anyway. I really have no use for one that I can see at this time (Never say Never), but I had a pleasurable experience sitting here drinking my Black RIfle Coffee Company coffee and watching Hickok and his son John shoot the Shockwave. I have been avoiding Hickok because  before, I would go there and stay half a day watching, him killing half a day. Oh yeah, I'm still a hopeless patron as  I proved this morning.  But I evidently have more will power than I ever gave myself credit for. However, I'm glad I went and watched today because I was in need of some relaxation of the mind, and that's what I get watching hickok. His smooth style and variety of information are hard to resist. And his son John compliments him perfectly.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Comments

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,380 Senior Member
    Luv me some Hickok! He *does* tend to go on and on, I'm usually pretty impatient with videos that are unnecessarily long - but somehow it just works for him and I don't mind.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    You know he and his son are both 6'8"!  Big sumbitches
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 928 Senior Member
    I want his shooting range.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,180 Senior Member
    edited April 16 #5
    I enjoy his videos. Not a bunch of overly technical or unnecessary talk........  and beats the heck outta a 5 minute intro video about how great the speaker is and what he has fired in the past or is hawking a product his shop sells....... and worse yet is the "Unboxing" where they yap on and on as they slowly take it outta the box and either praise the wrapping or complain about how it fits in the Styrofoam......................and 1/2 through they finally get to the gun itself.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,180 Senior Member
    edited April 16 #6
    Down to earth and entertaining is a better way of describing his videos.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    His videos are long but I find myself watching til the end. He is from Tn and I never looked at where. Any of you guys ever met him in person.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,380 Senior Member
    Actually, I thought he was originally from Kentucky. (???)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    I think he taught in Nashville.  Wouldn't be surprised if is still in the area.  Someone should invite him to jerry's.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,708 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Luv me some Hickok! He *does* tend to go on and on, I'm usually pretty impatient with videos that are unnecessarily long - but somehow it just works for him and I don't mind.
    Works for me too! I'm like you, I hate to spend the whole day doing that but with Hickok it was different. You can get into what he's doing. I absolutely love his videos.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file