Taurus USA to Relocate to Georgia

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 30,180 Senior Member
Well this forum won't allow my link to an American Rifleman (and many other mags, including some on here like Firearms News) article so I'll try another.

Anyhow, good for Bainbridge GA and Taurus.

Who knows, one of these years I MAY even give them another gander.

http://www.thepostsearchlight.com/2018/04/13/taurus-usa-relocation-should-make-decatur-county-proud/

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Comments

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,548 Senior Member
    Wonder why they're moving to Jawja? And Bainbridge at that? Small out of the way town there. Good huntin' and fishin', though! I guess, given the choice, moving from Miami, FL to Bainbridge, GA is a positive move.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,334 Senior Member
    I would not be surprised if Taxes was a big part of their decision
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 928 Senior Member
    If there are lots of other gun manufacturers in the area, they could be moving closer to talent.  
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 8,976 Senior Member
    they decided to replace the Crack heads in the QC department with Meth heads?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Diver43 said:
    You're probably right on the tax angle. Taxes would HAVE to be cheaper than in Miami, FL.
    If there are lots of other gun manufacturers in the area, they could be moving closer to talent.  
    LOL! There isn't much of anything in Bainbridge, GA, and definitely not any firearms manufacturers. Population is only 12,000+ people. If you yawn passing through town, you'll miss most of it. Not a bad place to live if you were to retire and move there. Not anything like high paying jobs there, though.
    Here's a link to the place that gives the statistical layout on most everything.
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Bainbridge-Georgia.html
    Crime is actually pretty low in Bainbridge. I'd lean more towards making 'shine' than meth in that area, though.

A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 928 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Diver43 said:
    You're probably right on the tax angle. Taxes would HAVE to be cheaper than in Miami, FL.
    LOL! There isn't much of anything in Bainbridge, GA, and definitely not any firearms manufacturers. Population is only 12,000+ people. If you yawn passing through town, you'll miss most of it. Not a bad place to live if you were to retire and move there. Not anything like high paying jobs there, though.
    Here's a link to the place that gives the statistical layout on most everything.
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Bainbridge-Georgia.html
    Crime is actually pretty low in Bainbridge. I'd lean more towards making 'shine' than meth in that area, though.

Maybe they are hiring some of the people Daniel Defense laid off? LOL. 

Press Release:  https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/04/12/gun-maker-pulls-trigger-on-22-5m-georgia.html

Hope it works out for them.

Bainbridge is a beautiful little town that hasn't been overrun with urban sprawl and all that goes with it. Lots of old buildings from the 1800s still standing and in use. Beautiful country, too, but too flat for my liking. The fishing is great and Lake Seminole is full of shellcracker panfish, and that's some fine eating in anyone's book.

There will be a lot of skilled people in GA to fill most of the manufacturing positions, and they'll work, too. I sort of suspect that there will be more firearms manufacturing shakeups to come if the government doesn't do nuts on more 'assault weapons' stupidity. The marked is in a pretty much saturated condition now in that AR 15 market.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    edited April 18 #9
    I'm shooting a match not to far from there in June.  Suspect it will be pretty hot.

They can probably get a lot of ex GIs to work there from the Columbus area.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,180 Senior Member
    Bainbridge also has a port where barges come in and out via the rivers to the Gulf.

Looks like a smart move by Taurus. It is about 40 miles from Tallahassee FLA. Maybe they will hire some good design engineers from FSU to improve their QA/QC   Sunny animated emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file