The Good Bad & the Ugly Shops

Old RonOld Ron Senior MemberPosts: 1,487 Senior Member
I have talked to guys on here & they say you should see my shop .......here is a place to show the messes we all get into. I think I am the king of messy shops but am willing to give the crown to someone else. I work on projects in a bunch of areas so my messes are spread out a bit. ( working on it )

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,786 Senior Member
    Both of those are neat, well-kept, and organized, compared to mine.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,589 Senior Member
    But it's your mess and you know where everything is, right!!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,487 Senior Member
    LMAO  I know I have things AL ......finding them is another story .
    Lets see it bisley .......I don't want to be alone here.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 683 Senior Member
    I guess you have enough tools to build a pole barn.🐒
    I guess you have enough tools to build a pole barn.🐒
    Tools is not my problem .......space & getting to them is.
    edited April 21 #7
    No, I don't want to be embarassed, too.

My problem is that I have several different locations where I have started over, organizing in a fresh place. Then, I get sidetracked and never finish. Then, my wife comes along and sees a junk pile, and begins to contribute to it. The minute she places some foreign object in my carefully organized junk pile, it completely disrupts my organizational plan, and I can't find anything.
    bisley said:
    bisley said:
    Both of those are neat, well-kept, and organized, compared to mine.
    No, I don't want to be embarassed, too.

My problem is that I have several different locations where I have started over, organizing in a fresh place. Then, I get sidetracked and never finish. Then, my wife comes along and sees a junk pile, and begins to contribute to it. The minute she places some foreign object in my carefully organized junk pile, it completely disrupts my organizational plan, and I can't find anything.
    My thought is if we show the messes we are in & see others are way better it will give us the incentive to make ours  better.
    The big surprise to me is in all the messes we turn out nice things.
    I knew a guy once that actually traced his hanging tools outline with a sharpy on the peg board.

I think that's just un-American
    I knew a guy once that actually traced his hanging tools outline with a sharpy on the peg board.

I know there are guys on here like that & down deep I wish mine was that organized. I have 4 or 5 more project areas but won't show those until I know I'm not alone ! !  lol
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,487 Senior Member
    A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind.
    My desk is so clean and organized, it makes others sick.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,927 Senior Member
    I'll try to post a pic or two of my shop tomorrow. I'm too tired to go up there right now. I 'think' I got ya beat hands down on clutter, though. :)
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike said:
    I'll try to post a pic or two of my shop tomorrow. I'm too tired to go up there right now. I 'think' I got ya beat hands down on clutter, though. :)
    I will be more than happy to give you the clutter crown mike.
    Like I said I have 4 or 5 more areas that you have not seen yet.
    But ............................I am trying really hard to get organized. The volume of stuff in small places is really tough to organize. And you & I can not be the only ones on here with this problem. I just know there is enough that we could start a therapist group. Maybe we could start sending treasures to the organized group. ( I would go broke with shipping costs ! )
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member

My Dad does that and writes the name of the tool inside the outline. He even has a sign out sheet incase someone borrows his tools lol. 
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,118 Senior Member

Once I get a better idea of how I want things, my tool
    box will be laid out with Kaizen foam. Foam will be cut to the shape of the tool. Tool gets replaced after use in its own spot. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,118 Senior Member
    Like this 

"I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    OMG!

You guys are entering another dimension. There's a sign post up ahead.......
    My experience of working in an office (near the end of a long career) was that those folks that had a clean desk weren't doing anything. It's not a hard and fast rule, but it is sometimes indicative, unless the person has CDO.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,774 Senior Member
    edited April 22 #20
    Was going to post this in the 22 thread last night but it would never let me.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,774 Senior Member
    It still won't forget it.............................
    It still won't forget it.............................
    Send it to me in an IM and I'll see if I can figure out what is making it 'verboten' to the forums fancy schmancy software.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    You should contact "Pickers", they could help you clean that place up.
    I have a need for speed
    cpj said:
    Like this 

I am not quite there !

NN said:
    You should contact "Pickers", they could help you clean that place up.
    More like the Hoarders show  & they would bring a shrink & the cops.
    I spent about 6 hours at the country shop yesterday .......this organizing stuff is gonna kill me.
    After all that work you would not notice I did a thing.  ( that sucks ) I didn't realize how much stuff I ran out there last fall just to get it out of my way for the winter. I forgot that I took my hot blueing tanks out there. My blast cabinet is out of media the gas powered water pump was buried & would not start. I needed a file & no file. I have hundreds of files here.  Had a cave in in my semi trailer & cant even walk down the middle of it. My tiller now has boxes of wire & lighting supply s all over it. This is going to be a long summer !
    I was gonna take a few pictures of my shop but I got busy making chips on the lathe, and then I came back down to the house for some refreshment, had a major case of brain flatulence, and set myself down in front of the drafting board and did some drawing. Might let CPJ tackle what I just drew; it's dangerous, or could be dangerous. I'll hold his beer and hide behind a tree while he lights it off. :D

I have spent 2 days now at the country shop . Doesn't look like I did much ........but I have.
    Managed to get the garden tilled up & the old tobacco stalks thrown out. The finding the tiller under a cave in of stuff got interesting. I ran around yesterday taking pictures of all the stuff before I started this nightmare ! Every day I walk away sore & beat but feel like I did something in the right direction. The auction I went to Saturday was not bad......only bought a few things.
    11 quarts of new oil for 3 bucks ......couldn't turn that down. An electric chain saw ....3 bucks.
    Nice little fold up 2 wheel cart .....6 bucks. An art print ....25 bucks. A box of I have no idea what's in there 5 bucks ......still need to look through that one lol  If I got the right box there is a odd little thing that looked like a pencil sharpener  with a crank on the side.
    While trying to organize the contents of several mystery boxes, you bought another one for five bucks?👀

This is very good 👍
    You made me go look early lol  I think this is some type of magneto .

For the application of electrolysis treatments?😫

Nurse Ratchet🏃

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file