The Good Bad & the Ugly Shops

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    edited April 24 #32
    Terminator012 said: The whole time I've been out in the barn/shop , (28 hours so far) I was planning on Framing up the metal siding walls and installing some O.S.B. on the walls. Going to add some more insulation too. O.S.B. has always been 8 to 10 dollars around here for the 1/2 stuff. Went to Lowes tonight and that crap was 19 dollars a sheet. A bag of R13 insulation had doubled in price. I asked them what in the (bleep) was up with these prices. They blamed it on the hurricanes. O.M.G. this project might not get completely finished at those prices. I refuse to pay that price.

Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,754 Senior Member
    Thanks Mike. I tried to post that Friday and it would only post part of it. Little did I know O.S.B. wood when spelled as one word was censored so are 4 @ to @ two @ too @ tu when spelled together.
    The autocensor is a freakin' PRUDE! ROFLMAO animated emoticon

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,449 Senior Member
    I plan to hook it up to a meter & see if it works.........for what I have no idea.
    Mike what you said about prices of insulation ........I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
    The prices are going crazy on everything. That is why I do more & more auctions. I buy wire ,oil , lumber ,insulation ,Nuts bolts & screws all for a small fraction of what they cost in the stores. If you don't buy crazy like I have you won't have a storage problem like I do. But you will save a lot of money on projects. You can find auctions in your area on the internet & view what is coming up for sale a month in advance.
    Oh crap ..................another auction this weekend with around 75 guns at.
    Old Ron said:
    Mike what you said about prices of insulation ........I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
    The prices are going crazy on everything. That is why I do more & more auctions. I buy wire ,oil , lumber ,insulation ,Nuts bolts & screws all for a small fraction of what they cost in the stores. If you don't buy crazy like I have you won't have a storage problem like I do. But you will save a lot of money on projects. You can find auctions in your area on the internet & view what is coming up for sale a month in advance.
    Ron, that wasn't my post; I posted that for Terminator012 because he couldn't figure out how to make it post. Some words and symbols he used made the forum autocensor eat three quarters of his post. It would seem that O.S.B. with the periods between removed, and stringing @ symbols together cause the autocensor to have a hissy conniption fit.  Who knew that Oriented Strand Board and @ symbols were kinky!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Since the change on this site I am getting all sorts of stuff about a computer virus & India people wanting to access my computer .............what a mess.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,773 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Since the change on this site I am getting all sorts of stuff about a computer virus & India people wanting to access my computer .............what a mess.

That could be from another source-----------maybe you were hacked in your e-mail
    I have a need for speed
    I just doubled up on my firewalls & see if it is coming in from this site that is unsecured or not.
    I hate those calls warning me & wanting access to my PC. I reported the access # they wanted me to use. These buttheads can take the fun out of any day it seems.
    It's coming from here. At least on an Android phone I know it is. 
    I come here to learn things ......talk a little smack & have fun.
    Next call I will ask him if he could drop by & fix my gun.
    Old Ron said:
    I just doubled up on my firewalls & see if it is coming in from this site that is unsecured or not.
    I hate those calls warning me & wanting access to my PC. I reported the access # they wanted me to use. These buttheads can take the fun out of any day it seems.
    I finally got tired of those calls about the 'Windblows Technical Service Department' and started having fun with what Big Chief calls LBDs. I ask them a whole series of questions, personal in nature, that would make an old maid schoolmarm faint away with the vapors. It makes them madder than a stomped on snake, and they go nuts. And then when they get mad, I go into Full Frontal Assault Sailor Speak! No use just one of us being pissed off; make them have a really nasty day and adjust their attitude at the same time! :D

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,072 Senior Member
    OSB 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,165 Senior Member
    edited April 24 #46
    Old Ron said;
    I just doubled up on my firewalls...............
    It is not a good idea to run multiple firewalls, unless one is a hardware firewall (with a router) and one is a software firewall.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

tennmike said:
    I was gonna take a few pictures of my shop but I got busy making chips on the lathe, and then I came back down to the house for some refreshment, had a major case of brain flatulence, and set myself down in front of the drafting board and did some drawing. Might let CPJ tackle what I just drew; it's dangerous, or could be dangerous. I'll hold his beer and hide behind a tree while he lights it off. :D
    As long as its legal, I'm in. 
    Zee
    edited April 25 #48
    OSB

Someone fixed it.
    cpj said:
    OSB 
    I am a tad slow ......what is OSB ?
    Is this a keep or toss ? ( think it is for a lathe ......ballbusting heavy )

Old Ron said:
    cpj said:
    OSB 

I have always called it Blandex. 4×8 sheets like you see on the sides and roofs of new houses. For some reason they call it o s b now. 

• HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 205 Member
    Old Ron said:

Trade-fodder, CPJ or Teach may want it ;)
    Old Ron said:
    cpj said:
    OSB 

I have always called it Blandex. 4×8 sheets like you see on the sides and roofs of new houses. For some reason they call it o s b now. 

Thanks ..........so many new terms for everything. Back in the day they put up
    Old Ron said:

Trade-fodder, CPJ or Teach may want it ;)
    Well it is one heavy hunk of steel. Trade always works for me. Problem is most on here are so far apart.
    Really hard to be leave that mike & I are the only 2 with messed up shops.
    It really gets slow when organizing & I go oh look knives ..... oh looks toys  ......oh look photos
    & on & on it goes. Thought I sold that years ago.
    That appears to be a 6 jaw chuck. Also appears to be on a rotary table of some sort. 
    Zee
    Old Ron said:

WANT! WANT, WANT, WANT! It looks like a six jaw chuck for a milling machine! Did I mention I WANT it?????  :)

It has a T handle wrench for it  ( I think that is what it is ) I just know that little sucker is heavy.

Old Ron said:
    Really hard to be leave that mike & I are the only 2 with messed up shops.
    It really gets slow when organizing & I go oh look knives ..... oh looks toys  ......oh look photos
    & on & on it goes. Thought I sold that years ago.
    Supposed to rain tomorrow, AGAIN! I'm going to work in the shop even if I get drenched getting there and back. I'll take some pictures while I'm there. My 'layout' table has been unavailable for years. It collects 'stuff' because it's close to the lathe.

tennmike said:
    Old Ron said:

WANT! WANT, WANT, WANT! It looks like a six jaw chuck for a milling machine! Did I mention I WANT it?????  :)
    How can I get that to you mike ?

I have some milling bits & taps too mike.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 656 Senior Member
    I don't have a shop.

But I do have a mess.

More than one actually.

If I post pics, it could lead to work I'd rather put off.🏃

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file