Montana hunters: check your draw status

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 6,753 Senior Member
Draw results have posted.

For the first time since we started applying, my group did *not* get drawn for this coming season's general deer combo license.  You'll want to get in there and make plans accordingly depending on your results.  
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,040 Senior Member
    I've been trying to create a user account to check mine, but have not been successful so far.  My guess is that they're swamped with folks checking their status and their system is over loaded.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,753 Senior Member
    Yeah, most likely.  Last night it ran well.  All you can do is keep at it or call their licensing branch.

Ok, Dan.  Time for you to report it.  If I'm reading their web site correctly, I was successful in drawing a general deer combination license.  I'll apply for  B license before the first of June.

Jerry

edited April 26 #5
    Awesome, Jerry.

By the way, I need you to PM me your new phone #.  I tried calling you a month or so back to discuss details and get you going on a place to hunt, but realized that The number in my phone was no good since you’ve moved.
    Six-Gun said:
    Awesome, Jerry.

By the way, I need you to PM me your new phone #.  I tried calling you a month or so back to discuss details and get you going on a place to hunt, but realized that The number in my phone was no good since you’ve moved.
    Done.
    Jerry

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,341 Senior Member
    Just checked.  

Good to go!!!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,341 Senior Member
    I'll be applying for the B as well
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

I need to dig into this a bit deeper.  If possible, though, I might skip applying for a B tag, which only allows a mule deer doe, and wait  until late summer, and try for a C tag, which allows either a mule deer doe or a whitetail doe.  The C tags, I think, are restricted to a smaller area than are the B tags.

I need to talk to Luis about this.

Jerry

The other option that is guaranteed is that whitetail B license.  They go on sale in August, but can be bought on the spot at a taxidermist near your hunting area.  Only $75 for non-res and a pretty easy tag to fill.
    Six-Gun said:
    The other option that is guaranteed is that whitetail B license.  They go on sale in August, but can be bought on the spot at a taxidermist near your hunting area.  Only $75 for non-res and a pretty easy tag to fill.

Luis, I like that option.  It looks like the otc white tail antlerless tag is good for all HD 7 areas.  I think that's the way I'll go. 

Thanks!

Jerry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file