New NRA President...

2»

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,910 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    The 'perfect' is the enemy of the 'good'. Looking for and settling for no less than perfection in anything or anyone will leave you frustrated and empty handed.
    Certainly. Maybe Jim Zumbo can be the next president after him.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,466 Senior Member
    He lost me when he published a completely false claim that the Navy was pressing charges against the Sailors in the recruiting station attack that fought back. Blatantly made up statement to stir up controversy. 
    I that that was War Criminal West

Are you talking about Col. Allen West? I thought he was a good guy, who had saved some of his platoons lives under fire.
    No, he ended up costing lives with his actions. The dude is a dirt bag and General Ordienero protected him. At face value his actions look like he was just trying to save his men and get actionable intel to save lives. But there wasn't a single drop of credible intel, anywhere, at any level, that suggested that there was a threat against him and his men. And he crossed a hard line with detainee treatment and ended up alienating two towns against the coalition, allowed insurgents to operate in the town, and got more Americans killed.
    Of course his story, and that of his lawyer, is that there was credible intel, his actions uncovered the plot, and he saved the day.
    There was enough evidence agains him at the Article 32 hearing to move to Court Martial. Gen O forced him to retire rather than face courts martial.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,278 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    The 'perfect' is the enemy of the 'good'. Looking for and settling for no less than perfection in anything or anyone will leave you frustrated and empty handed.
    Certainly. Maybe Jim Zumbo can be the next president after him.
    So name your perfect pick for NRA President. Attacking my statement without offering a viable 'more perfect' alternative than what we have is unhelpful. As to Jim Zumbo, I wouldn't trust him to guard the contents of a slit trench.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file