Trump backed us out of the Iran nuclear deal

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 6,040 Senior Member
discuss, please.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,785 Senior Member
    It was an Obamanation, to say the least - treason sounds closer.

The left says the Iranians have not broken the terms, and that it was front-loaded so they have already gotten the hundreds of billion dollars they wanted.

The last part is true - we sent tens of billions in cash for them to finance terrorism with, and lifted the freeze on 150 or so billion more. As for them complying, how the hell would we know - the inspectors have to have an appointment to get in. They are doing whatever they want, and laughing their butts off at how stupid John Kerry is.

Anyway, as a treaty, it was a sham that never would have been approved by Congress. As an agreement, whatever that means in an international sense, it was always worthless to us and Christmas for Iran. Above all, Trump was not bound by it, because it was never ratified by Congress.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,688 Senior Member
    Thank Goddess. Another Obamanation gone.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    How was it a “deal” ... it was one sided. Jug Ears gave them near ‘bout everything and got virtually nothing.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,829 Senior Member
    edited May 8 #5
    Yet Kerry is STILL, as a "civilian", talking to high level Iranian officials about it.

HOW is ol' horse face NOT being prosecuted under the Logan Act already?

Edited to add: A Logan Act violation is what started the investigation that brought down Michael Flynn
    Even the NYPost questions how Kerry's avoiding prosecution
    https://nypost.com/2018/05/07/john-kerry-is-clearly-violating-the-logan-act/

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    The 'deal' never was voted on and ratified by Congress. It had no weight to start with, and was Obama's gift to the Iranians, along with a few billion dollars for them to fund terrorists. Kerry has been a traitorous piece of excrement since VN. Let the ayatollahs and mullahs spin up their turbans and get mad enough to have massive aneurysms.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,393 Senior Member
    That agreement was a sham. Israel proved they have been cheating the whole time.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,852 Senior Member
    edited May 8 #8
    I think he is playing with fire here. I realize he fancies himself a deal maker and if this all is just pressure to force Iran to take a better deal there is a possibility this will end up positive. There are big risks though. 

1) At the same time he's trying to strike a nuclear deal with North Korea he's basically saying that a deal with the US is no deal at all or is at best only good until the next election where the other party wins. That's not great for our international credibility.

2) If we back out but the deal stays in place with basically every other world power we marginalize ourselves relative to other global powers. That scenario would be a big win for pretty much everyone but us. 

3) The deal falls all the way through and Iran has zero incentive not to build a bomb. As we know they're close, so our choices at that point are let them get it or start yet another war in the Middle East, one with a near nuclear power that can cause a lot of damage at a minimum to global oil markets = global economy. Any scenario resulting in war falls somewhere on the specrum from bad to catastrophic.

Hopefully none of the above occurs, but the odds aren't low. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 2,961 Senior Member
    CNN talking points again. 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,050 Senior Member
    I think he is playing with fire here. I realize he fancies himself a deal maker and if this all is just pressure to force Iran to take a better deal there is a possibility this will end up positive. There are big risks though. 

1) At the same time he's trying to strike a nuclear deal with North Korea he's basically saying that a deal with the US is no deal at all or is at best only good until the next election where the other party wins. That's not great for our international credibility.

2) If we back out but the deal stays in place with basically every other world power we marginalize ourselves relative to other global powers. That scenario would be a big win for pretty much everyone but us. 

3) The deal falls all the way through and Iran has zero incentive not to build a bomb. As we know they're close, so our choices at that point are let them get it or start yet another war in the Middle East, one with a near nuclear power that can cause a lot of damage at a minimum to global oil markets = global economy. Any scenario resulting in war falls somewhere on the specrum from bad to catastrophic.

It kinda sounds like you favor leaving the Iran deal alone and show the world that any country can promise to play nice and receive a huge cash payment and then play America for a sucker. We finally have a president that is more concerned with actions than thoughts or opinions.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,013 Senior Member
    I don't think Israel will let them build a bomb, no matter what the UN or the rest of the world says.  Perhaps this is trumps way of not having to condemn Israel when they bomb the snot out of them.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,925 Senior Member
    Iran builds a bomb and uses it against Israel, their sworn enemy. Israel obliterates Iran.
    Iran builds a bomb and uses it against the U.S., the Great Satan. The Great Satan makes them a big glass parking lot.
    The ayatollahs and mullahs run their mouths a lot and maybe they are stupid enough to start something like that. But it's a No-Win scenario for them either way. Cut off the oil from the Gulf, and there will be a LOT of nations on them like stink on a steaming pile of dog poop. They...........can't.................win. They can bluster and threaten, and be as mad as a midget with a yo yo, but that is about the size of it.

Bottom line; if Obama hadn't bent over and spread on that worthless deal HE made, then we wouldn't be where we are now. Trump is having to do cleanup with his turn at bat.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

tennmike said:
    Iran builds a bomb and uses it against Israel, their sworn enemy. Israel obliterates Iran.
    Iran builds a bomb and uses it against the U.S., the Great Satan. The Great Satan makes them a big glass parking lot.
    The ayatollahs and mullahs run their mouths a lot and maybe they are stupid enough to start something like that. But it's a No-Win scenario for them either way. Cut off the oil from the Gulf, and there will be a LOT of nations on them like stink on a steaming pile of dog poop. They...........can't.................win. They can bluster and threaten, and be as mad as a midget with a yo yo, but that is about the size of it.

Bottom line; if Obama hadn't bent over and spread on that worthless deal HE made, then we wouldn't be where we are now. Trump is having to do cleanup with his turn at bat.

You're just going to have to put logic on hold, as Alpha says it's risky. Maybe he'll follow up with charts and graphs to display Obama's genius in making the deal that the majority of the world think's is BS.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 675 Senior Member
    They can't win, but they can sponsor terrorism. I have no idea if Trumps pull out is good or bad. I hope it's good. 

I also don't believe pulling out of the deal ruins our credit. We still swing the biggest purse in the woods.

It kinda sounds like you favor leaving the Iran deal alone and show the world that any country can promise to play nice and receive a huge cash payment and then play America for a sucker. We finally have a president that is more concerned with actions than thoughts or opinions.
    You realize we gave them zero cash right? All we did is unfreeze their own money. I'll let you in on a little secret. Our greatest power comes from our control of the global banking system. We can make a call and have any major bank seize or freeze the assets of any company or country. The supposed giant payment they got was just letting them have access back to their own money. 

Ironically pulling out of this deal and abusing that power threatens it. China and Russia among others really want out from under the thumb of the dollar hegemony and are actively making moves to reduce the power of the dolodo and develop alternative banking systems that don't depend on the west. Losing that power will remove a massive amount of the leverage we can wield I'm international negotiations. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

You realize we gave them zero cash right? All we did is unfreeze their own money. I'll let you in on a little secret. Our greatest power comes from our control of the global banking system. We can make a call and have any major bank seize or freeze the assets of any company or country. The supposed giant payment they got was just letting them have access back to their own money. 

Ironically pulling out of this deal and abusing that power threatens it. China and Russia among others really want out from under the thumb of the dollar hegemony and are actively making moves to reduce the power of the dolodo and develop alternative banking systems that don't depend on the west. Losing that power will remove a massive amount of the leverage we can wield I'm international negotiations. 

Explain why numerous media outlets claim that the US gave Iran 1.7 billion in cash and several news channels showed plastic wrapped pallets of cash being unloaded from an airplane in Iran? We had 150 billion unfrozen on top of that. You seem so desperate to argue that you're making stuff up.

Explain why numerous media outlets claim that the US gave Iran 1.7 billion in cash and several news channels showed plastic wrapped pallets of cash being unloaded from an airplane in Iran? We had 150 billion unfrozen on top of that. You seem so desperate to argue that you're making stuff up.
    The money was repayment plus interest on Iranian funds ceased by the US in 1979 that had been under litigation in international court. 
    -DoctorWho
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 675 Senior Member
    I don't know, but Im kinda thinking if China and Russia want their own banking system, they're gonna be in hot pursuit regardless.

The money was repayment plus interest on Iranian funds ceased by the US in 1979 that had been under litigation in international court. 

Supposedly 400 million was the payment and 1.3 billion was the interest. Did you ever consider why the 400 million was withheld in the first place? Are you old enough to remember the 55.6 billion dollar judgement against Iran for the hostages they took which was never paid?
    alphasigmookie said:

Hmmmm, maybe if we "Marginalize ourselves", all these other countries will quit asking for hand-outs, troops and military aide
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

RE: post #5

Saw this on "The book of face" and found it too funny not to share

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,866 Senior Member
    edited May 9 #22
    zorba said:
    Thank Goddess. Another Obamanation gone.
    Now for Damage Control?

We need to let Israel handle Iran. We shoulda given Israel the money and said, "Here, take care of 'em while we deal with Kim No Neck."

But the whole thing rests on Obama's shoulders. The last eight years have been a disaster.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,429 Senior Member

I think this is about the best thing we can do in the region - outside of walking away from Syria.

1) we are about to Isolate Iran just as we Isolated North Korea. We know they are not sticking with the deal and we will never get the full credibility we need with the Arab powers if we keep trying to play both sides of the street. We know Iran is cheating, Israel knows Iran is cheating, and the Arab world knows Iran is cheating. Us pulling out and taking a hard stand against them gives us the Wasta we need right now. The only people publicly backing Iran is Russia. No one in the region is a friend to Iran (well Syria, but they can't help themselves)

2) Backing out of this deal does nothing to marginalize our position with NK or anyone else in the world. As I said, everyone know Iran is not holding their end. Also, everyone in the world knows that if the US makes a deal, and it is not backed by congress, then it really only means something for four-8 years. This is why foreign nations have lobbyist organizations in the US. Israel has a huge lobby group. some NATO countries may get upset, France will be one of them. But who cares, with the amount of Money and troop support we are giving them. As I have said before NATO = Needs Americans To Operate.

3) The incentive for Iran to not actually make a bomb is Israel and KSA. If they make the bomb, there is nothing to stop KSA and Israel from going in to destroy it, the facility, and everything around it. As it is, KSA is already in a proxy war with Iran, and they have been content with keeping the war in Yemen.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,688 Senior Member

knitepoet said:
    alphasigmookie said:

Hmmmm, maybe if we "Marginalize ourselves", all these other countries will quit asking for hand-outs, troops and military aide
    YES!!!!!!!!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,712 Senior Member
    The reason France, Germany and Britain wanted to keep the deal they admit is 'Not Perfect' is because of lucrative business deals they made with Iran. Deep in their hearts they know it was a bad deal and nobody can trust Iran without verification and access to all their sites.

Come on man, a 30 day warning beforehand and letting them do 'Self Inspections'..............get real.

The deceitful Obammy Admin devised it like the AHCA /Obammycare with hidden surprises that weren't known about and may aspects were secret and downright lies. Devious they way they did things. Even the two-faced congressmen who are denouncing what Trump did were against the deal like Chucky, and said they wouldn't have voted for it.

Then Obammy and Fast Boat John bypassed congress and cut his own deal because they knew it would never get passed. It wasn't a Treaty, but a deal made by Obammy who sucked in the Europeans to make it difficult to extract ourselves from after he left office.

It just kicked the can down the road and at the same time allowed Iran to keep developing advanced ballistic missile systems when all they would need is to plug in the nuclear payload after the timeline expires.............and being the deceitful bastards they are most likely doing it clandestinely (working on nuclear materials) the whole time anyway.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

https://constitution.com/is-the-average-person-smarter-than-the-media-about-the-iran-nuclear-deal/

1)  Why Trump MUST Pull Out Of The Iran Nuclear Deal
    https://lidblog.com/why-president-trump-should-kill-jcpoa/  
    Sometime before May 12th,  President Trump will decide whether or not to pull the US out of the Iran nuclear deal, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).  While I have no knowledge what the president or his advisers are thinking, I do know that  America was misled by former President Obama, former Secretary of State Kerry and their cronies when trying to sell the JCPOA to  America. Additionally, parts of the deal were hidden from the public, and the Obama administration lied to America about other parts. Heck, the administration admitted it, in a New York Times Magazine piece Ben Rhodes explained how he led the administration’s efforts to misrepresent the truth in order “to sell” the JCPOA to the press.
    2) Claims That Iran Is Complying With The JCPOA Aren’t True https://lidblog.com/claim-iran-complying-with-jcpoa/ Between now and May 12th President Trump will announce his decision as to whether or not he will pull out of the JCPOA, the Nuclear deal with Iran. Whether you agree with the President or not, it should be known that any claim that we should stay in the deal because Iran is complying with the JCPOA is simply not true. In some cases, we know that Iran has violated the terms of the deal,  in other cases, the IAEA hasn’t done its job so we don’t know if the rogue regime is compliant.

3) Netanyahu Proves Iran Lied About Nuclear Program (With Video & Bibi’s PowerPoint)
    https://lidblog.com/netanyahu-proves-iran-lied-jcpoa/ 
    Using information secretly gathered from Iran and verified by the United States, Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu exposed a major lie in the information the Iranians supplied to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).  That data was a required to be turned over before the JCPOA could be implemented. In other words, the entire agreement was based on a lie and should never have been implemented.
    Along with his other great work, the political cartoon used as the featured image above can be seen at Comically Incorrect, the website of the great political cartoonist A.F. Branco

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Love how Branco used that Obama Logo in the 'Final Piece'

Pictures say a thousand words.
    Go Donald..............DACA/Paris Accord/ACA/Iran Nuke Deal............gettin rid of Obammy's mistakes........but wait, what about his legacy.... it is being erased................GOOD!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,078 Senior Member
    Alpha brings up a good point.  This is all about the NK deal.  Trump just showed the NKs that if they violate the deal, the deal will be off.

...and this morning, three more US detainees in the NK were released and sent home.

there is no loss in pulling out of the Iran deal. Iran was never going to play along and follow the deal. BUT... we used it to keep the Norks in line
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited May 9 #30
    US Embassy being relocated to Jerusalem (Bush and Obammy said they would, but never did), trying to secure our border with Mexico in spite of our spineless Congress, ISIS hit hard...........tax cuts, trying to get fair trade deals, pushing NATO countries to pay their fair share, economy making 'Yuge' strides. Imagine that, a president who is actually trying to do what he said he would in campaign promises.

Even if you despise him personally, you gotta admire the man for what he is doing.

Not going around the world on an apology tour and kissin foreign ass like we should be ashamed for being American's...............MAGA

Salute USA flag animated emoticon    God Bless America emoticon

Popcorn animated emoticon  Popcorn animated emoticon Popcorn animated emoticon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file