22 Hornet

BufordBuford Senior MemberPosts: 6,534 Senior Member
Anyone shoot this cartridge?
Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,835 Senior Member
    No not lately but I did in the past. Great little round.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    As a kid when we went shooting or hunting with my buddies dad I'd always find someway to get his dad's Savage .22 hornet in the truck.  I loved the gun and as I got older I would just grab it off the gun rack when we went shooting.  When his dad passed away he left me that rifle.  I still love shooting it though the magazine clip isn't working very well so I just don't shoot it much.  Can't get myself to pay the prices they want on Ebay for a new one.  But yes, to your question, love the .22 Hornet!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • Oldman11Oldman11 New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes,I shoot the Ruger 77-.22 hornet,a great rifle. Back in the day I had a ThompsonCenter .22 hornet with a 10 inch barrel that would shoot into a inch at 100 yards. I just wish ammo was cheaper and easier to find,I’m shooting some 50 year old ammo now,still shoots great. Again a great caliber.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,584 Senior Member
    I picked up a Savage M23 Sporter in .22 Hornet a few years ago. Very accurate, quite and just a hoot to shoot. I modified a Brownell Universal dove tail mount to fit the existing peep sight mounting holes , so I wouldn't have to D&T an un-touched original, and mounted a vintage Weaver 4x scope.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,415 Senior Member
    Yep...my favorite.  With a 33 gr. bullet you can get 3K out of it. Got a Savage 25 (?), and a Ruger 77 22H.  Both are extremely accurate, considering it's a rimmed case.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,642 Senior Member
    I have a K Hornet. Great cartridge. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file