Good ole days before the world went crazy.

terminator012terminator012 Senior MemberPosts: 2,774 Senior Member
«1

Replies

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,719 Senior Member
    I had some of those as Little Chief in my childhood.............too bad the world has changed so much. I knew they were toys and so did everybody else and they didn't make us wanna go shoot people.

     
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,478 Senior Member
    I had Wyatt Earp .45  replicas when I was little. Those 8" barrels hung almost to my shoes. Everyone knew they were toys and they sure didnt hurt anyone
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 683 Senior Member
    Brill Cream, a little dab will do ya. For kids who use their heads about their hair.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,478 Senior Member
    Brill Cream, a little dab will do ya. For kids who use their heads about their hair.
    Funny you say that. During our recent travels i commented how young people are more worried about how tight their pants can be and how gelled in place their uneven haircut is.  Than what is happening around them. Far cry from a dab of brill cream and saggy pants
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,782 Senior Member
    I had wax for flattop crewcuts to train the hair to stand up.

    PIA-----did not use for very long. It was in the 50's.
    I have a need for speed
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,487 Senior Member
    Butch hair cut when younger then flat top with butch wax then beetle cut.  It is a wonder that I ever got a date !
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,657 Senior Member
    "You missed me!"
    "Did not!"
    "Did to!"
    "Did not!"
    "Did to!"
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,719 Senior Member
    Mullets is the worse ever hairstyle.

    I remember a Davy Crockett 'Musket' that propelled round cork bullets using caps and a six-shooter that used special round single caps you put on reloadable "Brass" like a primer. It fired plastic bullets you just recovered and reloaded.


    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,118 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Mullets is the worse ever


    No. Mullet is the BEST. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,719 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,190 Senior Member
    edited May 15 #12
    Big Chief said:
    ..............I remember a Davy Crockett 'Musket' that propelled round cork bullets using caps...............


    This.
    And a hat with a tail.
    I also had a flintlock pistol that came with my Pirate buccaneer set, plus Sabre.







    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,719 Senior Member
    shush said:
    Big Chief said:
    ..............I remember a Davy Crockett 'Musket' that propelled round cork bullets using caps...............


    This.
    And a hat with a tail.
    I also had a flintlock pistol that came with my Pirate buccaneer set.




    I think I had a Pirate pistol with double barrels, dual hammers .............fired those single round caps.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,118 Senior Member
    You know where pirates keep their buccaneers? 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,190 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    shush said:
    Big Chief said:
    ..............I remember a Davy Crockett 'Musket' that propelled round cork bullets using caps...............


    This.
    And a hat with a tail.
    I also had a flintlock pistol that came with my Pirate buccaneer set.




    I think I had a Pirate pistol with double barrels, dual hammers .............fired those single round caps.
    You can see why we ended up the way we are.

    cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

    Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

    Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

     


     

  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 17,980 Senior Member
    My favorite was a "Hopalong Cassidy" replica of a Colt Peacemaker with a 6 inch barrel. It was a bunch of die castings put together with screws, and I had a screwdriver!  I just about wore out the threads tinkering with it.
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,927 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    You know where pirates keep their buccaneers? 
    Under his buccan hat! DUH!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)



  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,487 Senior Member
    I had the Paladin set.......complete with derringer belt buckle & cards. I actually said " DA DADuh when handing the card .......ok I was a strange kid.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,487 Senior Member
    you know if I rember right that pistol had plastic bullets  Round stick on cap & the bullet was spring loaded & came out when fired.......my brother probably recalls that part way better than me.
  • philo426philo426 Member Posts: 305 Member
    Mattel Shootin Shell Fanner 50
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,435 Senior Member
    My friends and all had ARMY uniforms and metal/wood toy Garands, M1 Carbines and '03s.  We used to spend HOURS at the local neighborhood park playing war.  Some of my fondest memories...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,719 Senior Member
    philo426 said:
    Mattel Shootin Shell Fanner 50
    Yep, I remember the Fanner 50....................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,698 Senior Member
    edited May 15 #23
    My friends and all had ARMY uniforms and metal/wood toy Garands, M1 Carbines and '03s.  We used to spend HOURS at the local neighborhood park playing war.  Some of my fondest memories...
    Sounds a lot like my childhood, although it was plastic M16s and "machine guns" made of sections of pipe screwed together in an imaginative manner. But you were "king of the hill" if you got to be Patton! Needless to say, "Patton" was one of our favorite movies, if it was going to be "on", everything stopped while we watched it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    What? Nobody else had an ez-bake oven? 
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,698 Senior Member
    Nope.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • philo426philo426 Member Posts: 305 Member
    Yes the Topper Toys M14 looked real!
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Nope.

    Lol, how boring. 
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 683 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    What? Nobody else had an ez-bake oven? 
    I stole my sisters.🎂
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,487 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    What? Nobody else had an ez-bake oven? 
    My sister had one too & she found doggy poo in the baking dish ...... I have no idea how that got there !
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    What? Nobody else had an ez-bake oven? 
    I stole my sisters.🎂

    Lol, I am sure she never found it too :)
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
  • SIGgalSIGgal Senior Member Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    SIGgal said:
    What? Nobody else had an ez-bake oven? 
    My sister had one too & she found doggy poo in the baking dish ...... I have no idea how that got there !

    OMG that's gross. DON'T EAT THE BROWNIES!!!!!! Lol.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"
«1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file