Guess where I am at...

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,428 Senior Member
In the Rear with the Gear....I'll be here for a month and rotate home.
This is me on the plane excited to be leaving

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,691 Senior Member
    Dang, a month is a long time to be on a plane!

Lets see, Kuwait or Kyrgyzstan or maybe even Germany?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Glad you outta that place in one piece.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,812 Senior Member
    Enjoy your "down time"

We'll leave the border open at least until you get back home ;)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Closest thing to a smile I've seen on your ugly mug since Jerry's last year
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,428 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Dang, a month is a long time to be on a plane!

Lets see, Kuwait or Kyrgyzstan or maybe even Germany?
    Nope, Qatar. I am actually PCS'd to Qatar. But the only thing here for the unit is the replacement ops and a help desk. Kuwait is where the brigade is. The Russians gave Kyrgyzstan more money and so they took Manas from us. Germany, from here, is like looking for never never land.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    You check out any of the bazaars on post in Afghanistan? I picked up a few cool antique guns there and a few things that were interesting to decorate some shelves with in the house.

I got a Martini Henry, a Snyder Conversion, a two-band musket and two hoss pistols there.  Made by Enfield, Tower and maybe one is BSA.........have to look.  
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,773 Senior Member
    OOOORAW
    I have a need for speed
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 345 Member
    I’d like to follow the military threads but there are too many abbreviations that us civilians don’t understand at all. At least in my case.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,670 Senior Member
    In the Rear with the Gear...
    Now that doesn't make you a REMF, does it?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,403 Senior Member
    Glad to see you headed in the right direction with all parts intact.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,720 Senior Member
    Glad to see you headed in the right direction with all parts intact.
    Amen to that!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,466 Senior Member
    Good news, hey, hope the time till the flight home slips by quickly and quietly.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I’d like to follow the military threads but there are too many abbreviations that us civilians don’t understand at all. At least in my case.
    Only seen one abbreviation in this thread so far. Never served (DQd when I tried) but even I know PCS = permanent change of station.
    IOW, he ain't going back to the 'stan this trip

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,463 Senior Member
    Glad to see your on the way.  Enjoy your down time before heading home.
    Safe Travels
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,428 Senior Member
    Chief - I went to a few of the Bazars. Even went out to one when I was in JBad. Most of the genuine or authentic stuff has been picked over in the previous years. I imagine I would have to go out to Herat or some other real back water (for afghan) place to find something. 

Zorba - yeah it does. But being a REMF is also a state of mind. Like the dudes here claim to be support the ISIS fight, but most of them couldn't find Iraq on a map...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file