One last update on wife...

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,403 Senior Member
    She kicked cancer's ass and not the other way around? I met her. I never questioned that outcome.
    Thank you buddy.  She did kick cancer's ass, but damn she knows she was in a fight.  During one particular chemo treatment she basically was hit with about 80% of possible side effects. Doctor asked her every week if she wanted to quit since it was profilactic and experimental, and she just shook her head no and kept going for the full course of maximum dosage which for some reason, probably genetics, only Japanese women seem to tolerate.  I'm now more afraid of her than ever 😱
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,684 Senior Member
    This is outstanding news!  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,464 Senior Member
    That is one AWESOME update!!!

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,161 Senior Member
    Outstanding!! Give her a hug from us. 
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,072 Senior Member
    edited May 17 #36
    She kicked cancer's ass and not the other way around? I met her. I never questioned that outcome.
    I concur. 
    Tell her I'm glad she beat it, and that the Yankees still blow. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,602 Senior Member
    Awesome! Great news!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,288 Senior Member
    Glad she is nearing the end of the road and getting back to being able to enjoy health. Prayers these last two surgeries go well and recovery is speedy!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,754 Senior Member
    That's great news. Glad she beat it.
    This is outstanding news!  
    Thanks!  We are pretty excited to leave it all behind.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Diver43 said:
    That is one AWESOME update!!!

Thanks!  And by the way my house is full of orchids because of you!  

LMLarsen said:
    Outstanding!! Give her a hug from us. 
    Yes sir I will!

cpj said:
    I concur. 
    Tell her I'm glad she beat it, and that the Yankees still blow. 
    Still poking the tiger.. 😂

timc said:
    Glad she is nearing the end of the road and getting back to being able to enjoy health. Prayers these last two surgeries go well and recovery is speedy!
    Thank you brother.  They are deeply appreciated!

That's great news. Glad she beat it.
    Thank you! 
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,008 Senior Member
    It does my heart good to hear good news like this.  It must have been hard typing that all out.  It struck home for me, lots of similarities with my wife's story.  Except the happy ending.  Remember to take care of yourself for her benefit.  God bless you both.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,147 Senior Member
    Its midnight just got home,Jens asleep, been a lousy day, I get on the forum and like there's nothing better than reading your post, I'll share the great news with Jen  in the morning, thanks Enzo , the world is good again.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,468 Senior Member
    I have continued praying for your wife and FIL, this is good news.
    I was just thinking i wanted to start a thread on the folks I have been praying for, sorry for the derail,
    has anybody heard from Ken55? Make-My-Day how are you doing? CPJ, how is the wife? Anybody keep in touch with Tubabucknut and how his daughter is doing? Big Chief, how is your ticker? Teach just got a motorcycle, so that one stays on the list. NN, how are you and Clean? My list is long, but I stick with it, you just have to ask.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,799 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I was just thinking i wanted to start a thread on the folks I have been praying for, sorry for the derail,
    has anybody heard from Ken55? Make-My-Day how are you doing? CPJ, how is the wife? Anybody keep in touch with Tubabucknut and how his daughter is doing? Big Chief, how is your ticker? Teach just got a motorcycle, so that one stays on the list. NN, how are you and Clean? My list is long, but I stick with it, you just have to ask.
    Tubabucknut and his daughter are doing well.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,468 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Good news, thanks Jerm.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,943 Senior Member
    Prayers will continue from us also wambli your wife certainly deserves them and you also.
    We have personally seen how well prayers work. My mother in law.died twice on Easter and to see her now you would never believe it.
    Having a good doctor means everything, one who really cares can make all the difference.
    Good to hear that she is nearly through this.                                                                          

• ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 639 Senior Member
    Great news Wambli and wife,precious times ahead for both of you.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 984 Senior Member
    I am so glad to read this, Enzo. You and Kim have been on my prayers list and will continue, since I first learned of her condition. The wife and I know personally what it's like to find out, absorb the uncertainty of tomorrow, what radiation and chemo does to the body and some relief when you pass a milestone. You especially deserve a lot of credit for staying positive and helping to keep her spirits up, when you lost your job. Very easy to fall into a slump where negative thoughts dominate your lives. Kim went through the physical part and you both went through the mental part but with prayers and positive thoughts and actions you both came through this part of your lives into a new beginning. God bless you both and well wishes that her last two surgeries turn out as good as her treatments.
    The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts,
    the safest place to be is in someone's prayers,
    and the very best place to be is....in the hands of God.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,071 Senior Member
     I had a peer that found a way to take advantage of the situation and displace me from my position.

THAT guy deserves repeated crotch punches.

I am very glad to hear this has all turned the corner.  Y'all are still in our prayers.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,357 Senior Member
    You have no idea of how much joy I got from reading your post brother.
    The only thing that saddens me is that once again I wont be in a position this year to meet you and Kim.
    Both of you are an inspiration to others who are suffering from the difficulties that life brings to us all.
    My prayers for you both will continue.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    BAMAAK said:
    It does my heart good to hear good news like this.  It must have been hard typing that all out.  It struck home for me, lots of similarities with my wife's story.  Except the happy ending.  Remember to take care of yourself for her benefit.  God bless you both.
    Thanks, I do know that some folks here have not been as lucky as us and that pains me.  Having felt the pain of the potential loss I can't even understand what an actual loss would have done to me.  So yes, we are taking MUCH better care of ourselves and making spending time together a huge priority in our daily lives.  Good bless you to sir...

jaywapti said:
    Its midnight just got home,Jens asleep, been a lousy day, I get on the forum and like there's nothing better than reading your post, I'll share the great news with Jen  in the morning, thanks Enzo , the world is good again.

JAY
    Thank you Jay!  Meeting you and Jen was one of the high points of living in FL for a while.  Big hug for both of you !

CHIRO1989 said:
    Thanks!  Funny it does seem that the older we get the longer the nightly prayer list gets no?  :o

CHIRO1989 said:
    That makes me very happy, Kim and I prayed for that little girl for a long time, so we'll pick it up again.  I do remember she has the most precious smile...

rberglof said:
    Prayers will continue from us also wambli your wife certainly deserves them and you also.
    We have personally seen how well prayers work. My mother in law.died twice on Easter and to see her now you would never believe it.
    Having a good doctor means everything, one who really cares can make all the difference.
    Good to hear that she is nearly through this.                                                                          

Thanks!  As you said prayers do work and I believe they also lead us tp the right doctor.  Funny us ending up in Duke was like the last domino falling down in a line of interesting seemingly unrelated circumstances.  And the fact that the head of the dept ends up personally picking Kims case during their review (you don't get your choice of doctors, they pick you) was just amazing.

ojr said:
    Great news Wambli and wife,precious times ahead for both of you.
    Thanks buddy, we are intently looking forward!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file