Spring buck season for the roe deer started

TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula MemberPosts: 207 Member
...on 16th of may. It will last 'til 15th of June.
Weather was beautiful and I decided to go and sit for a while on the other side of this 7 hectares island where we live. I had been sitting for about an hour when I heard deer steps behind me. It was a very exiting five minutes as the steps stopped behind the tree I was leaning while sitting on the ground. I knew there was a deer. What I didn't know was it a white tail or a roe deer doe or a buck. After about five minutes roe doe walked past me about six yards away. She didn't notice me at all :)

I waited for another hour and decided to leave. I decided to stalk my five minute walk home in case there were other deer on my way home. And after about 100 yard walk I saw a young buck eating grass on a beach meadow. One 180gr ttsx through the shoulder did the trick. Buck took a somersault and laid still. Dead.

What a beatiful evening with a nice result. 

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake-

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,185 Senior Member
    Nice buck!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,566 Senior Member

Did you eat all that venison from last fall already;)

Looks like a good day to be in the woods, very cool to have the doe walk past you!

I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 207 Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Did you eat all that venison from last fall already;)

Looks like a good day to be in the woods, very cool to have the doe walk past you!

We have still "some" venison left in the freezer(s)  ;)
    But yeah, we eat deer almost every day in some form. We don't buy any meat from the stores. (except some pork and chicken occasionally) And it's a long way until the next season. 

It was nice to watch as the doe walked by and stopped to eat so close. Wind was blowing away from me so she didn't had any idea I was there almost close enough to touch her :) 
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
    -William Blake-
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,599 Senior Member
    A deer coming that close in the woods is a rare experience. Mist can not stay quiet or still long enough.  Well done
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,939 Senior Member
    I had a doe walk within 4 feet of me once. I was camod out and had garlic all over me. She never even sniffed. I was on the edge of a small sendero sitting on a tree stump. 10 minutes later a buck walked out about 20 yards from me and I popped him. All this while I was right out in the middle sitting on my butt.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file