Five Things That Won’t Stop School Shootings and the One That Will

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,928 Senior Member
    edited May 22 #2
    So what eilse is new? Everybody, including the antis, knows this. But it's not on the leftist agenda to stop any shootings yet, so we have a fight on our hands to make it happen. Arming teachers is counter productive to confiscating guns. If it cures the problem of school shootings the left will have one less BIG argument to hell convince the world to take our guns away. They are willing to sacrifice lives to attain their goal. I even suspect they are deeper into school shootings than most people think. I can't prove it but I think they encourage school shooters. I know, I know,  some of you are asking, "Where's your tin foil hat?"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,054 Senior Member
    edited May 23 #3
    I've been pointing out the fact that gun laws are useless for years

I normally start by asking, "How long has murder been illegal?" and then move to, "If someone has decided to break THAT law, what makes you think they're going to follow any other law?"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,899 Senior Member
    Am I missing something or can the authors not count? I count 4 things  that they highlighted. They must have missed "thoughts and prayers" I hear that one a lot too and it never seems to work. But yes a good guy with a gun is generally the answer.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,278 Senior Member
    The one that will is people taking responsibility for themselves and their children. Everything else is just a temp fix or reaction.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 364 Member
    Am I missing something or can the authors not count? I count 4 things  that they highlighted. They must have missed "thoughts and prayers" I hear that one a lot too and it never seems to work. But yes a good guy with a gun is generally the answer.
    Talk about a low blow to folks that mean well, believe in a higher power and don’t have anything tangible to offer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file