Wheelgun pic to avoid the fine

2»

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,648 Senior Member
    That will bring BIG smiles to your face!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,711 Senior Member
    Known sometimes as the artillery model. The finish is beautiful.

Cast lead 250 grs and Oregon Trail. Adjust powder to the sights. If you get a cartridge belt and leave it loaded too long it'll turn the brass green.

Make sure it's lashed before you mount up.
    I'll definitely need some leather for this...eventually. Can't say I know what "lashed" means
    Lashed...

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Absolutely gorgeous gun!!!!!  You absolutely suck... 🤬
    Come to the dark side, come to the dark side. Embrace the 5.5   ;)
    Oh I have the 5.5” covered.  1960 Ruger Single-Six and Remington 1875 Army by Uberti.  😁
    I used to own a pair of matching Ruger Stainless Vaqueros with the 4.5” barrel for my SASS guns but I foolishly sold them after I stopped shooting SASS.  Great guns but now I want a Uberti like yours for the strong side and the Remington will be the crossdraw gun.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 951 Senior Member
    Ah, I thought I saw a brass trigger guard hiding in that lashed photo.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,236 Senior Member
    Very nice! Enjoy!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,318 Senior Member
     Sry nice, that is a looker for sure!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    An outstanding catch, well done, and in my favorite caliber.  It makes my 5 1/2" Blackhawk look plain.  Keep yer powder dry...…..robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,850 Senior Member
    HAWKEN said:
    An outstanding catch, well done, and in my favorite caliber.  It makes my 5 1/2" Blackhawk look plain.  Keep yer powder dry...…..robin
    I bounced back and forth between this and a Blackhawk Bisley for some time. The Blackhawk was a beautiful Talo edition with Turnbull case color hardening. In the end, the blackhawk didn't quite have the same cowboy vibe as the Italian job.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    HAWKEN said:
    I bounced back and forth between this and a Blackhawk Bisley for some time. The Blackhawk was a beautiful Talo edition with Turnbull case color hardening. In the end, the blackhawk didn't quite have the same cowboy vibe as the Italian job.
    The Blackhawk serves a slightly different purpose.  It’s a beast of a SA that can handle just about anything you can feed it.  If I was headed into grizzly territory and I was carrying a SA then the Blackhawk would be it, but let there be no doubt that a 255 gr hunk of lead at moderate velocity out of a Uberti will take care of an aweful lot of business.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,463 Senior Member
    Ever see the movie "Evil Roy Slade?"  Pretty good film.  Fine looking shooter.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,764 Senior Member
    To show my love for Colt Open Tops....here's my Uberti 1872 Richards-Mason Conversion of an 1860 Colt Army.
    I try to keep an open mind as to barrel lengths, but in truth the 5 1/2 Bisley is pretty damned handy...

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Gene L said:
    Ever see the movie "Evil Roy Slade?"  Pretty good film.  Fine looking shooter.
    Thank you sir!
    Groucho Marx
    Jayhawker said:
    To show my love for Colt Open Tops....here's my Uberti 1872 Richards-Mason Conversion of an 1860 Colt Army.
    I try to keep an open mind as to barrel lengths, but in truth the 5 1/2 Bisley is pretty damned handy...

Those are some good lookin shootin irons! I dig the 7.5"
    Groucho Marx
    Jayhawker said:

Nice family!  😍
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,071 Senior Member
    Very nice pistol.  The current evil Roy is kind of a Richard from what I hear.  Henry did a .22 called evil Roy also.

To titegroup and Trail Boss are very close to each other on the burn chart but with TB filling up the case more, its the better choice IMO.  It was made for those guns.  You can almost cut that load in half for a mouse fart load.  I had a SASS shooter tell me I was using to much powder at 3.0 gr in 38 spl.  Said he didn't use but 2.5 for his 45.  But that's gaming.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    Go a couple of them Italian made SAA's myself.
    On the left is an Uberti Cattlemen and on the right is a Navy Arms both in .45 colt.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 286 Member
    Congrats on a fine looking hand gun, that'll be fun! I'll have to one day get one to go with my lever rifles, so many choices. Looks like its been Christmas in June for both of us.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,552 Senior Member
    Maybe with some considerable snake eyed concentration, you can work up to throwin 3..............

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Vbl64rQKRKs/WfNEy-ve4KI/AAAAAAAAKsw/-l0L6AdgXao-_RZU2fRBtk15j8p1ISwGgCLcBGAs/s1600/tumblr_oczrirGXTs1sa11jco1_540.gif
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,151 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:

Speaking of Open Tops

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,420 Senior Member
    I really like the case-hardened look.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,736 Senior Member
    "Cowboy" guns were my first love... and your Uberti is a perfect example of the reason why!  😍
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • beanfieldbeanfield Member Posts: 86 Member
    Check the screws an make sure they're in and properly tightened.  I've had a couple Uberti's an both had loose screws that needed attention.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,780 Senior Member
    Beautiful Uberti.  They are so impressive with what you get for the dollar.  Very nice piece in a great chambering.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file