300 Blk Out subsonic versus super sonic ammo

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 1,215 Senior Member
My .300 Blk Out has been quite an adventure over the last 18 months.  I really wanted to shoot both subs and super sonic ammo but adjusting the gas port has been a pain.  Was hoping to find a happy medium setting that would support both sub/supersonic but that hasn't worked.  I'm pretty good at shooting moving critters with my rifles except when shooting sub sonic ammo.  My brain computes leads for super sonic ammo and not subsonic.  

I'm coming to junction whereas I'm leaning towards just shooting super sonic ammo.  Less fuss and muss and not having to worry about calculating drops past 100 yards and leads on moving critters.

Anyone else working through this with their 300's?

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,318 Senior Member
    I was but decided to go full power in my 2 .300 B/O AR’s. I built a bolt rifle in .300 B/O for subsonic.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,063 Senior Member
    The frustration of experimentation with 300 B/O has led me to write it off entirely in AR rifles. 
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,054 Senior Member
    As I said in your other thread, My BO upper has yet to fire a subsonic round.

110 V-Max and 19.5 of Li'l Gun is my "go to" GP load
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    JasonMPD said:
    The frustration of experimentation with 300 B/O has led me to write it off entirely in AR rifles. 
    Jason, I was getting close to the same point.  Gonna try supers and see what I think!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file