Really Mossberg? A tactical zombie killing 30-30 lever action?

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 7,792 Senior Member
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Comments

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    If you will check the forum you will see this has already been posted and throughly discussed.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,551 Senior Member
    Yeah, this was shown at the SHOT show...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,604 Senior Member
    Neat, haven't seen that.
    My new Signature
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,591 Senior Member
    I excrete you not - our local gun chain just ran a flyer with an Eotec that has that usual outer reticle circle morphed into the BIOHAZARD symbol.

They also have one of the Leupold VXR scopes with the usual red dot reticle center replaced with zombie green and the BDC knobs calibrated for Hornady Z-Max .223 or .308.

OK. . .this zombie crap has officially gotten out of hand. :bang:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 7,792 Senior Member
    If you will check the forum you will see this has already been posted and throughly discussed.

Don't know how I missed it. Scan at least the titles of most threads. Knew the over under had been posted, but first I saw of the lever.

In general the zombie themed stuff doesn't bother me, just think this is a bit absurd.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Yes, it is a bit absurd, both the rifle and the zombie themed stuff, but especially that rifle.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,691 Senior Member
    You were busy trying to defend your liberal political stands and it went right by you,

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Sorry Alph, I couldn't resist the opportunity. But yes this one was batted around for a couple of days here a week or so ago. I think it's cool now but it took some getting used to. Mossberg is making some great guns these days. A friend of mine bought him a 4x4 in 30-06 with a brake on it for a little over $300. Nice rifle and it shoots pretty fair. If I'm not wrong, it uses a version of the Howa 1500 action. It's smooth.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    I own a 30-30 lever... THAT thing is just weird. I see no reason why I would ever put anything on my 30-30 other than perhaps a low power scope just because I can't focus iron sights

On another note: I really need some glasses...
  • Mr.FMr.F Member Posts: 89 Member
    I like it ! A friend has an old 30/30 lever action & this model gives him ideas . If it gets the younger shooting crowd interested in this tried & true rifle than it can't be bad .
    Bigslug wrote: »
    an Eotec that has that usual outer reticle circle morphed into the BIOHAZARD symbol.

:
    Oooh I like that too !
    Jermanator : You might talk about Tauruses around your wife, but that just doesn't fly in my house.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,341 Senior Member
    I missed the last thread also but that is the udlyest damn thing I ever saw! That said Kaliforniastan will call it an asualt rifle:yesno:
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • BlkHawk73BlkHawk73 Member Posts: 149 Member
    Just a marketing ploy to attract the mall ninjas and other weak minded people all caught up in the zombie nonsense. They simply took the ugliest guns they could think of and added some neon green to them. Shameful!
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,062 Senior Member
    Does it come with ballistic plates and a roll of Duck Tape?
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,194 Senior Member
    Don't know how I missed it. Scan at least the titles of most threads. Knew the over under had been posted, but first I saw of the lever.

Of course olesniper put his touch on it:

ce80a1f2.jpg

http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?4179-I-have-no-words
    That's all I got.

Paul
    But he forgot the loop in the lever.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Freezer wrote: »
    I missed the last thread also but that is the udlyest damn thing I ever saw! That said Kaliforniastan will call it an asualt rifle:yesno:

Hell in Kaliforniastan a regular old 94 or 336 is probably considered an assault rifle!!! No wonder John Wayne died.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    That is simply put a sacrilege in the name of a desperate need to expand client base but I sill want a honest lever action rifle in 9mm!

A lever action rifle that like the Medusa revolver could shoot 380, 38, 9mm and 357 would be the ultimate doomsday weapon!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,258 Senior Member
    I thought Zombie Max was clever. Too bad everybody else did as well, and now they are making stuff like this...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,481 Senior Member
    Sure is an ugly lil thing.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,341 Senior Member
    When old meets new is usually not a good thing. :nono: That rig looks worse than a string bakini on Granny. You folks should be thankful I'm not good with the computer or I'd post a picture for comparison.:vomit:

I was woundering about Chuck's large ring also.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • WhitewookieWhitewookie Member Posts: 181 Member
    Both are ugly... and I just kinda like both. Don't know why. Wouldn't buy one. It's just kinda.... I Don't know. "Course I'm the guy who liked everything Hemmingway wrote.....
    RV,
    Harry
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." - Robert Heinlein
  • FemaraFeFemaraFe Banned Posts: 1 New Member
    responses very good! )
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    Lever actions a suppose to be wood not plastic.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
    Freezer wrote: »
    When old meets new is usually not a good thing. :nono: That rig looks worse than a string bakini on Granny. You folks should be thankful I'm not good with the computer or I'd post a picture for comparison.:vomit:

I was woundering about Chuck's large ring also.

Yes Freezer, that may be to our advantage that you can't post any pics. Sounds like something that might could make me lose sleep!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • WhitewookieWhitewookie Member Posts: 181 Member
    At my age, lots of things are supposed to be "wood" that sometimes aren't...
    RV,
    Harry
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." - Robert Heinlein
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Quinian wrote: »
    I own a 30-30 lever... THAT thing is just weird. I see no reason why I would ever put anything on my 30-30 other than perhaps a low power scope just because I can't focus iron sights

On another note: I really need some glasses...

Zombie shooting glasses, anyone?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file