HK P2000 9mm opinions needed!

calebibcalebib Senior MemberPosts: 1,701 Senior Member
I'm thinking about an even trade of my HK MP5 .22lr for an excellent condition HK P2000 9mm with a half dozen factory mags and a decent holster.
I've shot a few USPs but never the P2000, anybody have any experience with them and if so, what do you think of this deal?

The P2000 I'm considering...
file.php?id=31158

My MP5...
m3bvRl.jpg

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    MHS had one. It was alright, but I didn't like how the tip of the trigger tends to bite into your finger.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    Dollar for dollar you are probably getting the better end of the deal.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    Dollar for dollar you are probably getting the better end of the deal.

That's what I'm thinking, especially seeing as I got the rifle for free.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Yup, that deal is in your favor 10 different ways from Sunday!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    The obvious solution is to make the trade, and then go buy another rifle.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,403 Senior Member
    Do it! EXCELLENT pistol!!!!! Until Recently I had both a P2000 and a P2000SK. The P2000 is now in the hands of my son after about 4 years of me enjoying it. No particular reason for me giving it up except he wanted it. The P2000SK has been adopted by my wife who loves it! I actually like them better that the USPs because of the interchangeable backstrap that will help fit your hand perfectly.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Just called the guy and agreed to the deal. Should be mine by noon on Thursday.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,341 Senior Member
    Like 5280 said, the sharp hook on the trigger bite into my finger, it was kind of annoying after a few boxes of shooting. But, since you more or less didn't pay anything besides shipping for this gun, if you find the same scenario you could probably just tinker with it. I on the other hand, wasn't about to start dremmeling an 800$ pistol that had a serial # just over 600 lol
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,061 Senior Member
    I on the other hand, wasn't about to start dremmeling an 800$ pistol that had a serial # just over 600 lol

Sissy. :tooth:
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    Sissy. :tooth:

No seriously.....it was one of the first batches available in this country.....just like his car. It's like getting a 1st edition Colt 1911....."should I??????" He LOVED that pistol! When push came to shove and things were getting liquidated.....that one was the last to go, and it tore him up.....so have a wee bit of feeling eh? BTW, I said the same thing...but his response can't be posted here! :tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    I have shot a model in 40 cal, great gun, The P2000 probably runs what 2 of the 22 rifles go for and it is an excellent gun, I own the P2000 SK (subcompact) and it is a great gun. HK mags are not cheap neither!

Another very important thing to consider, Jack Bauer started with a Sig P229, couple of seasons in he got an HK USP Compact and never went back!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    Well, now I'll have both a 229 and an HK.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,403 Senior Member
    calebib wrote: »
    Well, now I'll have both a 229 and an HK.

Awesome!. Which version did you get? LEM or decocker? I've owned them both and prefer the LEM which is what the P2000SK is but I have no problem with the decocker one. Had onethe decocker one for years and got proficient with it very easily, specially since I already had a P226 and decoking was second nature to me. BTW I know a lot of folks don't care for the lever under the trigger guard mag release. I have them on my HK and my Walther and I love them. No issues getting uysed to it and unlike buttons I've never had a mag come loose with one of them including while pocket carrying the Walther.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    It's a decocker.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    ^^^ imbedded link there
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file