Batman's Rifle? (Does anyone have any Idea what this is?)

Dr. dbDr. db Senior MemberPosts: 1,541 Senior Member
Saw it posted on Facebook. Is it just a movie prop or is it something that could be done to get a functioning rifle?

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,814 Senior Member
    Looks like a highly decorated prop to me :uhm:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Probably has a "BANG" flag that pops out when fired. Also, could be a weapon from the game GAYLO ...er...ah....(cough)....hmmm...HALO.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,288 Senior Member
    The three pins going through the barrel might slow the bullet down a bit but I could be wrong.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,496 Senior Member
    You could make a stock like that out of plastic or fiberglass to cover almost any type of action........... Don't know why you would.... but you could.

xm8_sideview.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Agree that it's essentially an overdone and non-functional artistic prop. But if I were a kid, I'd want one for Saturday afternoon playtime with my pals.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,703 Senior Member
    Dang, Joker Killer Extraordinaire !

So what caliber is this guano slinger supposed to be chambered in?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,534 Senior Member
    I'm thinking it's a plasma rifle.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,357 Senior Member
    Well, living as I do in the future,................I shouldn't really breach the space/time continuum ..............but our LGS has them in 270............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,428 Senior Member
    Didn't know batman used guns....

Well he did... a long time ago when the comic first started, but it has been a long time since then..
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,481 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Agree that it's essentially an overdone and non-functional artistic prop. But if I were a kid, I'd want one for Saturday afternoon playtime with my pals.

Agree that it's essentially an overdone and non-functional autistic prop. But if I were a kid, I'd want one for Saturday afternoon tea with my pals.

Fixed it !

Perhaps it was by the same folks that designed the Jokers telescoping revolver.

Aae
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file