Wife called in a coyote today

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 6,707 Senior Member

Right to the edge of our suburban back yard and she caught the whole thing on video with her iPad. I was thoroughly impressed because 1) she did it completely on her own, as I was at work and 2) our German Shorthair was back there when she did it and she still got it in pretty danged close.

I taught her about lip squeaking to predators and how even our own dog will respond to that sound. She spotted this coyote about to leave the neighbor's yard into the woods and started squeaking. Sure enough, it came over hard and fast. Our dog eventually broke point and went to confront it and the coyote took off, but it was still very good calling work. I might have to take her with me next time I go calling!
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Comments

• Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    She has the knack for sure.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,574 Senior Member
    Cool :up: congrats :worthy:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,707 Senior Member
    Thanks. Next step is to take her into the field. There are plenty of coyotes in the farm country around here where they are legal to shoot.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,181 Senior Member
    Very cool!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,316 Senior Member
    That's pretty neat.

My cousins farm in upstate New York has lots of yotes around the area. Would like to see how many she could call in.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,524 Senior Member
    Mrs. Varmint!! Very cool!
    If and when the time comes, I'm going to really start exploring the Nebraska Sand Hills for private land opportunities where ranchers need some help. Hopefully, it results in some good leads where she can try this for real.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,540 Senior Member
    Was waiting for the bang!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1965Jeff wrote: »
    Was waiting for the bang!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh - the neighbors behind us might be a little peeved! She'll get her chance to shoot soon enough.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,612 Senior Member
    amazing
    My new Signature

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file