Oh Wambli............what are you buying next?

124»

Comments

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,685 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You live amongst candy asses. An RC sail boat? Seriously? I can see it now, a bunch of dudes dressed up like Thurston Howell the Third talking about their RC sailboats.
    Screw that. An RC boat should be fast, loud, (and if not loud it should be even faster) and scare small children and induce cursing in even the most mild mannered of folks. "MOTHER ER THATS FAST!"

Hey, where's your respect sonny? Old Iron Sides was a Sail Boat dude! It kicked some British Ass too. And it's still floating on top of the water. Arizona was or IS iron, rusted up barnacled Iron and it's been on the bottom since 1941. So get your candy asses straight!!!

:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,704 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Oh I'm DEFINITELY getting an RC boat. They actually have RC regattas on the ponds in the development but they are all sailboats which could be very cool.

There are only two things to consider when buying a RC boat:

1) How fast can it go?

2) How does it handle when trolling a crankbait? :tooth:
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,468 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    There are only two things to consider when buying a RC boat:

1) How fast can it go?

2) How does it handle when trolling a crankbait? :tooth:

The speed boats are are way too fast for that. And the ocean is too rough for trolling a wahoo bait with one.
    A double action revolver is a semiauto firearm. It fires once for every trigger pull.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,704 Senior Member
    As long as the accelerator is rheostatic/analog, you should be able to control and optimize the speed for good crankbait depth. There is a secondary issue of buoyancy, however, once the wahoo/sailfish/blue marlin is hooked. Odds are good that you will instantly become the proud owner of a (formerly) radio controlled submarine.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,551 Senior Member
    Just use a loop of light weight mono that's below the breaking strength of your main line, but heavy enough to hold the lure in place. When the fish hits, it'll pop the line and your lure's separate from the boat.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,652 Senior Member
    They actually use RC boats here to run jug lines up next to the spillway at the dam.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    I read about a guy who used an RC boat to run baits out past the surf line to go shark fishing. He used a lifesaver roll to act as a timer to drop the bait.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,032 Senior Member
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    cpj wrote: »
    They actually use RC boats here to run jug lines up next to the spillway at the dam.

I've seen quite a few fishing RC boats since I started looking. But really if I feel like fishing, surf fishing is just a few minutes away, I can fish the intracoastal right from our dock or I can just launch my boat and go out. I just want a toy to play with while I enjoy my coffee and cigar by the pond.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    As long as the accelerator is rheostatic/analog, you should be able to control and optimize the speed for good crankbait depth. There is a secondary issue of buoyancy, however, once the wahoo/sailfish/blue marlin is hooked. Odds are good that you will instantly become the proud owner of a (formerly) radio controlled submarine.

Ok these things are not cheap. I'm NOT doing that!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,452 Senior Member
    I read about a guy who used an RC boat to run baits out past the surf line to go shark fishing. He used a lifesaver roll to act as a timer to drop the bait.

But can you see the fish and watch the bite?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Just use a loop of light weight mono that's below the breaking strength of your main line, but heavy enough to hold the lure in place. When the fish hits, it'll pop the line and your lure's separate from the boat.
    Not a half bad idea! You could actually just use a clip and follow the boat down the beach walking. That could be an interesting way to do some surf fishing!
    NN wrote: »
    Ok that's a bit more than a hobby fishing toy...
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,094 Senior Member
    Sauer? Schmeisser?
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    Start eating. I bought a Savage in .270... going to the range this weekend to try it out.

http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?15899-I-used-to-be-different&p=274597&viewfull=1#post274597

Never say you'll never do something...
    Overkill is underrated.
    Haven't picked it up yet. WAY too busy (and broke) with the new house and other things. Every time I turn around someone wants another 4-5 figure check...
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 276 Member
    RC boats? Check these guys out!........

http://www.classicthunder.us/Photos/Photos.htm
    Haven't picked it up yet. WAY too busy (and broke) with the new house and other things. Every time I turn around someone wants another 4-5 figure check...
    Open the link I quoted. See how it relates to this purchase.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Open the link I quoted. See how it relates to this purchase.

You really think I bought a Savage in .270?!?!?!? :rotflmao:
    It could be a really nice one.

Plus, you always talked about how you didn't like Glocks. Couldn't even say or spell it. Now look at you. I'm not saying you're willing to vote for Bernie Sanders, but you have been doing stuff you said you wouldn't do.
    Overkill is underrated.
    It could be a really nice one.

Plus, you always talked about how you didn't like Glocks. Couldn't even say or spell it. Now look at you. I'm not saying you're willing to vote for Bernie Sanders, but you have been doing stuff you said you wouldn't do.
    I've spent my life constantly re-evaluating my decisions with an open mind and have a learned a lot in the process, ergo Glocks. Still no love but I now understand their place in the food chain.

My next purchase is purely an opportunity to get a desirable classic in mint condition.
    I've spent my life constantly re-evaluating my decisions with an open mind and have a learned a lot in the process, ergo Glocks. Still no love but I now understand their place in the food chain.

My next purchase is purely an opportunity to get a desirable classic in mint condition.
    So a pre-barrel nut Savage?
    Overkill is underrated.
    So a pre-barrel nut Savage?
    I have one. It's called a 99. The last pretty rifle they made... NOT in .270 :tooth:
124»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file