Another Of The Greatest Generation Laid To Rest

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,226 Senior Member
http://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2017/04/19/survivor-pearl-harbor-interred-fallen-shipmates-uss-arizona/
One of the last survivors who served on the USS Arizona on December 7, 1941 was interred with his fallen shipmates aboard the sunken USS Arizona.

Raymond Haerry was a 19-year-old serving on the USS Arizona the day imperial Japan struck Pearl Harbor. The Arizona would infamously go down during the fight, along with 1,177 of Haerry’s shipmates.
Haerry is the 42nd survivor to be interred with his mates, something only those serving on the Arizona that day are allowed to do. There are five remaining survivors of the sh

Godspeed :usa:
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,683 Senior Member
    :angel2: :angel2:

:usa: :usa: :iwo: :iwo:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,682 Senior Member
    Dan C. and tennmike posted this on the book of faces... RIP sailor:usa:

It made me wonder though... is this something that's done? The article didn't really say, so I don't know if this is a common practice or something rare. I don't mean at the Arizona Memorial specifically, but battlefields in general.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,663 Senior Member
    Wow. :angel:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Dan C. and tennmike posted this on the book of faces... RIP sailor:usa:

It made me wonder though... is this something that's done? The article didn't really say, so I don't know if this is a common practice or something rare. I don't mean at the Arizona Memorial specifically, but battlefields in general.

Don't know about it being any common practice elsewhere, but the Arizona Memorial is a very special case. The ones who served on that ship and were aboard the day of the attack deserve that VERY special honor, IMHO.

And like I said on that book of faces post, "Fair winds and following seas. You stand relieved, we have the watch." :usa::usa:
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    Me Dad was in WWII. Those were some really tough people.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,401 Senior Member
    Finally back with his buddies. God bless you sailor :usa:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    There was a great documentary awhile back that featured the USS Arizona and the veterans who are interred there. They even sent in a submersible to view the interior of the ship. Greatest Generation indeed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file