Ruger AR 556/Rem 700 and Ruger Am .22 range report

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 30,119 Senior Member
Thought I'd hit the range this morning. Gnats & Skeeters were eating us alive, ceiling fans helped.

All shootin was @ 50 yards.

So I started off with my Ruger American .22 LR. I wanted to try try some of that Fiocchi .22 ammo I bought. It shot good.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0873_zpstlqco5lx.jpg

30 shots Fiocchi .22 LR ammo. First I was aiming for the middle of the red dot and then 6 O'clock.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0874_zpsowpraqk5.jpg

For some reason I didn't do so well next with 10 rds ea of CCI Mini-Mags and CCI Select. Sure done better with the Mini Mags before. Probably more me than anything today.

Next the REM 700

[IMG][/img]IMG_0877%202_zpsi2cpuwaq.jpg

Firing Hornady reloads using 55 grain V-max bullets. Story of my day, start off good and then open things up dancing around the bullseye.

Next I fired some of those Fiocchi factory .223s I just bought in 50 rd boxes. They do surprisingly well, bottom right. Bottom left some of my Nosler 52 or 53 grain reloads.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0875_zps9bakw6js.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0879_zpspquo2t0n.jpg

Last I tried the Ruger AR 556 with that Red Dot again............fergit it............couldn't even get on the bull so I took it off and fired some with iron sights and at least hit some. Dang dot was "Dancing" or looked like it to my eyes.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0880%202_zps9qcpiyyy.jpg

Nice facilities.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0882%202_zps7naxu8sa.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0881_zpsenoqf7o9.jpg
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Comments

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    That Fiocchi is pretty good. It works well in my conversion kit. Alot of other brands don't.

Never used a red dot optic. Maybe you can get working better later.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,119 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    That Fiocchi is pretty good. It works well in my conversion kit. Alot of other brands don't.

Never used a red dot optic. Maybe you can get working better later.

I think I'll bring it to the SE Shoot and put it on the fer Free Table................and if whoever takes it and has the same issues...........be fun to shoot at @ 100 yards.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    That Fiocchi .22 is good and so was the .223, I wuz pleasantly surprised.
    Oh here is a pic I forgot I took. Sometimes when everyone was firing, especially all them with ARs at once it got dusty out by the target boards.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0876%202_zpsbyyeland.jpg
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,878 Senior Member
    Looks like a bunch of old retired farts at your range.

Range days are good days.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 3,959 Senior Member
    Looks like a bunch of old retired farts at your range.

Range days are good days.

Its at the retirement home.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,056 Senior Member
    The pictures are all broken via Tapatalk.

You don't have protection guaranteed to you for alienating your own life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness. Get over yourself and get a job.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    The pictures are all broken via Tapatalk.

You don't have protection guaranteed to you for alienating your own life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness. Get over yourself and get a job.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
    Well lets see..........a Friday morning...........yep bunch of old(er) farts ...............lot of cops out there next range over shootin and looks like some younger folks were showing up as I was leaving. May have been a few "Operators" among them.............

Y'all young-ins keep workin ya hear and paying in.............I have grown accustomed to my SS check each month. :tooth:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,621 Senior Member
    I like Fiocchi
    My new Signature
    Big Chief wrote: »
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

I can't see any of the pictures. The links are broken in Tapatalk. I haven't tried the regular site.

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    OK, I was confused.

Ned likes Fiocchi Munizioni and Pasta :jester:
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,046 Senior Member
    I can't see any of the pictures. The links are broken in Tapatalk. I haven't tried the regular site.

I think your Tapatalk sig line is showing up as regular content, which is confusing folks.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I think your Tapatalk sig line is showing up as regular content, which is confusing folks.

No kidding.
    Ive been trying to get over myself fo almost 24 hours now.
    Its a long climb.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,046 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    No kidding.
    Ive been trying to get over myself fo almost 24 hours now.
    Its a long climb.
    :rotflmao:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Wambli Ska wrote: »

Yea. I erased it. It was confusing.

Tapatalk is somewhat convenient, but pretty limited.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,698 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    OK, I was confused.

Ned likes Fiocchi Munizioni and Pasta :jester:

I prefer Alfredo! Oh you talkin' 'bout Buuletts.....

Well then Carry On!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 36,679 Senior Member
    Yea. I erased it. It was confusing.

Tapatalk is somewhat convenient, but pretty limited.

Tapatalk sucks ballzacks
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    cpj wrote: »
    ....... ... ballzacks

Sounds like a restaurant chain :tooth:
    cpj wrote: »
    Tapatalk sucks ballzacks

Picture uploads are way easier is about all.
    Rifles all cleaned and lubed up for the next time.............I'm gettin older I should have cleaned them the same day. Sometimes I still do. Yes even my .22 Ruger bolt rifle...........they all get cleaned.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,627 Senior Member
    Picture uploads are way easier is about all.

This...and easier to read and post from a small device, like a cell phone.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,627 Senior Member
    Looks like fun....range days are the best!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    Looks like fun....range days are the best!

Yep, always interesting and usually hold a surprise or two.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,171 Senior Member
    Good hustle? Nice range....pretty affordable?
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,411 Senior Member
    Great shooting Big Chief! All that sunlight..........I can only wish for.......been raining here since about December.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    Fees not bad and I may join the range club which makes it cheaper by far if you go enough per year.

Plenty of sunshine here in FLA...............in fact we need some of that rain bad here lately.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file