Chris Cornell dead at 52

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,079 Senior Member
Another Grunge icon commits suicide. IMHO, Cornell had the greatest voice of the grunge era
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Comments

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 16,551 Senior Member
    RIP :angel: and thanks for the music
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,015 Senior Member
    Very talented guy. Sorry to see him go :angel2:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,588 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    My new Signature
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 13,747 Senior Member
    What a damn shame. I know Detroit can be depressing, but was it that bad where he had to off himself after doing the show?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 30,038 Senior Member
    :angel2: :angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,015 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    What a damn shame. I know Detroit can be depressing, but was it that bad where he had to off himself after doing the show?

I know that after a few days of meetings I'm often glad the windows at the Renaissance Center Marriott don't open...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,621 Senior Member
    Very sad for sure. I geeked out on Soundgarden and Audioslave all morning. Can't imagine the pain someone feels that would lead them to that end.

Rumer is that Chris was abnormally fussy about getting everything perfect for the show. They ended the show with a cover of In My Time of Dying. Seems like he knew it was his last show.

RIP Chris, thank you for the music. Prayers for comfort and understanding go out to his family and friends.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,700 Senior Member
    Amazing that a guy who conquered addiction and made it to middle age still couldn't find peace. Sad, and a huge loss for music. The guy was a supremely talented vocalist and a big part of my youth.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file