.50 cal flintlock vs. groundhog

2»

Comments

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 20,706 Senior Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    Wow, devastating! If they are not tore up too bad, a small one like that is not bad eating, kind of remind you of rabbit, probably because they eat the same things. Next time use the .36, LOL. Strangely, I have even seen them in trees.............robin

PS: Snake, take your ..50 caliber ML and a pistol with a 6" barrel, one of them should be good for 100 yards, and Luis, keep your powder dry.........rlc

Robin, what I think I'm going to do is take the ML with me at the first of the season when does are in season since I don't walk around anyway, and see if can get a close shot at a doe just to say I killed a deer with it.

After regular rifle season I'll hunt with it in ML season to see if I can get a nice buck with a conical bullet, IF I have any tags left by then. However, if next season is like this season was, that won't be a problem.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,715 Senior Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    Wow, devastating! If they are not tore up too bad, a small one like that is not bad eating, kind of remind you of rabbit, probably because they eat the same things. Next time use the .36, LOL. Strangely, I have even seen them in trees.............robin

PS: Snake, take your ..50 caliber ML and a pistol with a 6" barrel, one of them should be good for 100 yards, and Luis, keep your powder dry.........rlc

I never have tried groundhog. I can't say that I'd be in a rush to, but I could see what you're saying being the case.

As for the method of take on this one, it was a case of target of opportunity at the range. Of course, it was the one time in a while that I didn't take me .36 cal with me. Go figure!

Now, seeing one in a tree: THAT, I've never seen.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file